Favorite camp table? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2020, 12:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Favorite camp table?

Wondering what kind of folding lightweight camping table to get.

We previously had a folding melamine table with telescoping legs. But the darn thing is over 20 pounds.
There’s a Coleman two-piece foldable, telescoping aluminum table I’m looking at.
Can anyone share what they’ve used, along with your favorite light-weight camping table?
TIA!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:05 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We bought 2 of these 10 - 15 years ago. For cheap <$10 tables they are still going strong. Weigh nothing and fold up to next to nothing. I'm surprised at how much they cost these days on some sites. They do have a bigger cafe table, ours are just end table size.
https://www.adamsmfg.com/products/re...old-side-table
Attached Thumbnails
table.jpg  
Old 06-26-2020, 01:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We have a 2 ft wide X 4 ft long portable collapsible table ( Plastic Top — Telescoping Legs )
Purchased on sale at Menards for $17.99
Don’t know the weight / Does all we need it to do .
Basically used as an outdoor counter for cooking group breakfasts.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:38 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I bought one like this from Lee Valley Hardware. One leg telescopes so the table can always be leveled. All aluminum, rolls up and fits in a bag. Seems like it was right at $50. Love the fact they now have a US distribution center.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
WE have a plastic one like Bob's and have had good luck with this collapsible pantry. I set this up out by the outdoor faucet and electric plug for coffee in the am as well as storing outdoor cookware. It collapses to the size of a briefcase. Also just purchased last xmas for $25 a aluminum fold up table for the grill or additional seating. It cal also be used as a platform to reach the awning if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
s-l1000.jpg   gorilla-ladders-work-platforms-glwp-47-64_1000.jpg  
Old 06-26-2020, 02:02 PM   #6

Wow! What a great array of choices! Thank you everyone so much for responding. I’ll look them up now. Cheers!
Old 06-26-2020, 02:41 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I have this coleman, and it has several advantages. it can, with screw-in leg extensions, be set at four different heights. this has been very handy for my grandchildren as most campground picnic tables have very low seats and far away from the table. the lower heights are also good for side tables next to a chair. at the highest height they are not that stable, but I have put my small gas bbq on it. The two can be together like a square card table size, or side by side for a long rectangle. or even two levels for a buffet. It's also good for outside next to the exterior electric outlet for an instant pot or electric fry pan or kettle.

I just looked up the price and at 80$ it is pretty pricey for what you get. I think (maybe 8-10 years ago) I paid more like $50.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Pack-...3199889&sr=8-1
Old 06-26-2020, 02:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
WE have a plastic one like Bob's and have had good luck with this collapsible pantry. I set this up out by the outdoor faucet and electric plug for coffee in the am as well as storing outdoor cookware. It collapses to the size of a briefcase. Also just purchased last xmas for $25 a aluminum fold up table for the grill or additional seating. It cal also be used as a platform to reach the awning if needed.
Hi Jim
How about me and you doing a testimonial as to the strength and durability of your little table as additional seating? Could be a viral video or a funniest camping video winner ( when she blows up.)
Iowa Dave
Old 06-26-2020, 02:50 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Jim
How about me and you doing a testimonial as to the strength and durability of your little table as additional seating? Could be a viral video or a funniest camping video winner ( when she blows up.)
Iowa Dave

That's quite the assumption: that you two are still of an age and agility level that you can successfully get up when your butt is attached to the ground. (I know that I actively make noises when I have to get that far up!!)
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:17 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Assassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
That's quite the assumption: that you two are still of an age and agility level that you can successfully get up when your butt is attached to the ground. (I know that I actively make noises when I have to get that far up!!)
I shot a large buck deer a few years ago. My son was hunting about 200 yards away. We waited till about dark (sundown plus 30 min) to drag him out to the edge of the soybean field. Through downed timber tall weeds and brambles. The last lunge got us to open ground but I fell down for the third time. On my hands and knees I crawled around in a circle. My son said “Dad what are you doing? I said “I’m looking for a tree to help me get up.” “Oh I could have helped you I guess.” What a good thoughtful son. So yes, when I’m on the ground I sometimes need a little help. I figure if Jim’s bench blows, I can climb him and them go for help or a light wrecker. I’ll try not to disturb nearby campers or ask for help. Always thinking ahead and learning from the past.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #11

You are too funny there Dave, I use my dog sometimes to help me get up, but picturing you doing circles.......hilarious.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
i usually carry a small folding 'buffet' table thats around 6' long and 30" wide, or something. its got 3 settings for height, I often use the lowest setting.

I also carry 1-2 'end tables' like these, https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Pers.../dp/B01GP9HKNE

all this rides in the back of my truck...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:03 PM   #13

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
I have an older version of this that we bought for tent camping. Use it quite often.

https://www.rei.com/product/765280/r...amp-roll-table
Old 06-26-2020, 07:27 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
You are too funny there Dave, I use my dog sometimes to help me get up, but picturing you doing circles.......hilarious.

Thanks, Dave & Jim.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:00 AM   #15

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I have this coleman, and it has several advantages. it can, with screw-in leg extensions, be set at four different heights. this has been very handy for my grandchildren as most campground picnic tables have very low seats and far away from the table. the lower heights are also good for side tables next to a chair. at the highest height they are not that stable, but I have put my small gas bbq on it. The two can be together like a square card table size, or side by side for a long rectangle. or even two levels for a buffet. It's also good for outside next to the exterior electric outlet for an instant pot or electric fry pan or kettle.

I just looked up the price and at 80$ it is pretty pricey for what you get. I think (maybe 8-10 years ago) I paid more like $50.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Pack-...3199889&sr=8-1
Hi H20Wmn- yes, this is the one we were looking at. Multi-functional. I like how it can be used for meal prep, as a buffet, eating table, or side and coffee table. It’s between this and some of the lighter roll-up tables. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2020, 10:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Jim
Iowa Dave
Dave and Jim...Truly, I’d like to see this! Great comic relief!
Old 06-27-2020, 10:04 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
I have an older version of this that we bought for tent camping. Use it quite often.

https://www.rei.com/product/765280/r...amp-roll-table
Thanks, Steve. Until Donna listed her table, and now you, I wasn’t aware of the roll-up tables. It’s great that they’re so compact and light! It appears that your table has telescoping legs for varying heights as well, which would serve many purposes.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
i usually carry a small folding 'buffet' table thats around 6' long and 30" wide, or something. its got 3 settings for height, I often use the lowest setting.

I also carry 1-2 'end tables' like these, https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Pers.../dp/B01GP9HKNE

all this rides in the back of my truck...
John, thanks for your input. From the photos, it didn’t appear that the legs were telescoping...but maybe they do. This appears to be quite sturdy...perfect for an outdoor setup whilst camping longer in one location. We can put our little gas grill and Instapot on it.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #19

I have had this in my Amazon list for a year now can not decide. The price varies depending on time of year, very nice table and compact....https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HCJY34K...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Attached Thumbnails
81jOGSy853L._AC_SL1500_.jpg  
Old 06-27-2020, 10:18 AM   #20

Quote:
What a unique find! Perfect for when we spend a few months in one location. Friends had an entire outdoor “room” set-up, with what looked like your pantry, but a double-wide. Its utility was fantastic!

Several cooking items were on top (slow cooker, electric griddle, coffee maker), while utensils, bowls, and some dish ware were kept hidden underneath

This “room” was Surrounded by screens which hung off of the awning. They also had another buffet table (perpendicular to the trailer and this pantry), a central 8’x10’ rug, and four overstuffed camping chairs with a few end tables scattered about. Truly a comfy arrangement!

Since we plan on wintering in FL for 3 months, then spending a few summer months visiting my son, I’m aiming to have a similar set-up, if possible.

I also like the other table...Btw, how tall is the step/platform configuration?

So, thanks again for posting about your pantry and other tables!