Favorite camp table? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2020, 11:17 PM   #61

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Looks like they don’t ship to the US

David
Incorrect.

MEC (based in Canada) ship MOST things to the USA.

I have ordered numerous times from MEC to California. No problems. Various items.

Yes, I did order the MEC Camp table. Regular size. I expect it in 1-2 weeks from now.

It is different than the Lee Valley table. A poster above said the MEC was better quality....

for me having all 4 legs adjust length separately on the MEC TABLE is key for me. AS no campsite ever seems to be level.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:02 AM   #62

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Somehow, the Lee Valley table with one adjustable leg, is easy to level on uneven ground. I'd also compare weights. But, if you can't buy it, it doesn't much matter.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:03 AM   #63

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I have the same table as Perry. But I will admit that I rarely use it.

Being totally honest and in line with the title of this thread, my favorite camping table is the picnic table that is typically provided by campgrounds in the campsites. I can place my grill on one end for cooking at the right height and still have most of the table top for eating meals. But the real reason the picnic table is my favorite table is because I don’t have to set it up upon arrival or take it down in preparation for departure. If it rains and the legs get muddy, I do not have to clean them or store the table wet. And if the table needs to be replaced due to age or damage, I am not shelling out the cash for a new table.

We rarely use the table. Just got back from two weeks of isolated camping and the table just sat underneath the second step to our 5.0's bed. Like you, our "favorite camping table is the picnic table that is typically provided by campgrounds in the campsites." OTOH, there have been numerous times we're glad we carry that table, but they are few and far between.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-03-2020, 07:20 AM   #64
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Carrying a table is like anything extra you may take. When you don't need it, you don't use it. But when there are no other options, it's nice to have. That's why I choose a roll-up table. Easy to store.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:42 AM   #65

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Dog Cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Have you considered tying it to your leg instead? Not sure if I'm pulling your leg, or saying you should let the dog pull it...
Hi Mike
In the real world I’ve actually left two
Dog cables behind. Well three, one I was just out of the campground when I remembered it and went back. However I found one that somebody else left once so I’m not too bad off yet. Our Dog Jake weighs 42 lbs and is pretty strong so I tie him off on the table support, never the camper.
Also especially not to an awning support which has not Worked out so well for several folks on the forum. (Just a word of caution for the uninitiated.) Here’s Jake last spring early at Lake MacBride state park in eastern Iowa.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
1B3A27FA-2B3E-48C6-996F-200D6A7BCAFD.jpg  
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #66

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Carrying a table is like anything extra you may take. When you don't need it, you don't use it. But when there are no other options, it's nice to have. That's why I choose a roll-up table. Easy to store.
I also take along a chainsaw. Can always drop a tree and carve a suitable table. The wood chips are good for starting campfires and there is the great satisfaction of knowing that MacGiver has nothing on you.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:57 PM   #67

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Mike
In the real world I’ve actually left two
Dog cables behind. Well three, one I was just out of the campground when I remembered it and went back. However I found one that somebody else left once so I’m not too bad off yet. Our Dog Jake weighs 42 lbs and is pretty strong so I tie him off on the table support, never the camper.
Also especially not to an awning support which has not Worked out so well for several folks on the forum. (Just a word of caution for the uninitiated.) Here’s Jake last spring early at Lake MacBride state park in eastern Iowa.
Iowa Dave
Jake looks quite handsome and intelligent. Wish I could have been sitting on that stump and giving him a hug right then.
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:56 PM   #68

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Jake looks quite handsome and intelligent. Wish I could have been sitting on that stump and giving him a hug right then.
He’s 5 1/2 now, has Crossed into Canada and back 17 times He’s a French Brittany out
Of Minnesota. His dad was the Spanish world champion field trialer. He’s a lot of dog for us but his antics and high energy keep us from getting too comfortable in the chair. A good traveler, biddable and very durable. The ladies at the agility training named him Jake from State Farm and made him a name tag. He’s been eyeing an old pair of my khakis for Halloween this year. He outgrew his tux. Thanks for the compliment.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #69

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Hi, Donna.
Does this table have a brand name?
Thank you,
Lisa Rose
Lisajanrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #70
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisajanrose View Post
Hi, Donna.
Thank you,
Lisa Rose
There's nothing stamped on the table and I can't find the user's manual. Maybe someone that also has the table can speak up.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #71

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
I bought the Lee Valley table (same as the one Donna referenced) back in 2013 and have found it to be pretty decent quality and it has stood up well to quite a lot of use.

I bought one of these from MEC a couple years ago and found the quality to be exceptional (better then that of the Lee Valley table). I would not hesitate to recommend the MEC table to others.

update - my MEC table has arrived at our UPS store... i need to go get it. Excited!

i *think* we avoided import duty. TBD.

Thanks again Dave for suggesting it!
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:28 PM   #72

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5TA
Made these awile back. Wood choice changes the weight and the weight it will hold.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200708_123828619.jpg   IMG_20200708_123819517.jpg  
strawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #73
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisajanrose View Post
Hi, Donna.
Thank you,
Lisa Rose
Looks like the table just showed up again on the Lee Valley USA website: https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...aluminum-table

Same table on the Canadian website: https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...aluminum-table

Says... limited quantities.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Old 07-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #74

Trailer: 2013 View Profile
36 inch tall table

We have this one that is 4 feet long and goes up to 36 inches tall (counter height) and user it as a kitchen counter outside the RV. Pretty sturdy. Anything lower kills my back. The height and sturdiness make the 20 lbs worth it. Also use it at home for parties for a bar set up. Very happy with purchase.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003DYZQKY..._A.FbFb8J7CWRR
achevres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:16 PM   #75

Trailer: 2019 19 ft.
We use:

Coffee Pot stove table
General Purpose cooking and eating table which may no longer be available, and you might replace with Alps Camp Table or larger Alps Dining table.

We often carry two of the roll tables - one for cooking stove or gill, and the other for eating. We love outdoors as our family dining room!

73/gus
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:32 PM   #76

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
One of my favorite finds was this collapsible table/pantry. I set this up outside for coffee and there is 4 shelves for coffee, cups, plates and other camping paraphernalia. Folds flat and takes little space. I also use it with the outdoor sink feature to rinse off dishes outside.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0976.jpg   IMG_0977.jpg   IMG_0978.jpg   IMG_0979.jpg   IMG_1111.jpg  

Old 07-08-2020, 11:40 PM   #77
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Recently purchased a table from Cabela's / Bass Pro and was actually quite impressed with how sturdy it was. Haven't taken it on an excursion as of yet...but I'm confident it'll pass the test for a few years.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/22864...p-dining-table
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:43 PM   #78

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
I'm retro

I inherited from my near 102 old mother before she passed this beauty of a 1960's all "space age" aluminum folding table. I love it. I have one of the sleek roll-ups, which I near never use. This one is 5 lbs weight, super easy deployment, stable and free. The nursing home, after 7 years of residence in assisted living and skilled care got all of her +$400K savings, house sale proceeds and I got the table.

My mother memento. And so it goes.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2647.jpg   IMG_2648.jpg   IMG_2649.jpg  
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:07 PM   #79

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
I inherited from my near 102 old mother before she passed this beauty of a 1960's all "space age" aluminum folding table. I love it. I have one of the sleek roll-ups, which I near never use. This one is 5 lbs weight, super easy deployment, stable and free. The nursing home, after 7 years of residence in assisted living and skilled care got all of her +$400K savings, house sale proceeds and I got the table. My mother memento. And so it goes.
I'm glad you ended up with that useful heirloom, though it grieves me to know how much was expended in nursing care, something I hope to prevent with the long-term care policy I purchased many years ago. Of course, the monthly premiums continue to rise with the cost-of-expected-care increases. At the last notice ($90/month increase), I finally decided that my monthly premium would remain fixed from now on "as is where is." I began with a 10 yr./20 yr. plan so figure that the policy should be good for at least 8 years of residential care or 16 years of care at home - if I don't live too long. With any luck, (COVID, get out of the way!) I'll die on the road with my boots/flipflops on!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:21 PM   #80

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Looks like the table just showed up again on the Lee Valley USA website: https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...aluminum-table

Same table on the Canadian website: https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...aluminum-table

Says... limited quantities.
Oh my gosh, thank you!! Been trying to order this table for over a year, never in stock. My table will be here in 8 days.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote