Foodsaver FM5200 Vacuum Sealer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2022, 08:04 PM   #1

Trailer: none
Foodsaver FM5200 Vacuum Sealer

This safety certified automatic vacuum sealing system is one of the most popular and highest rated vacuum sealers available. The Foodsaver FM5200 Vacuum Sealer will help you to keep your food fresher for longer. Do you ever find things left for too long will end up with freezer burn? Or when boxes sit in dry storage for too long and their contents become stale? You can avoid all of that food going to waste by simply vacuum sealing it before you store it away.
The Foodsaver FM5200 Vacuum Sealer was voted best vacuum sealer for game meat, the best food vacuum sealer for hunters in 2022, and best food saver vacuum sealer for deer meat. It’s the perfect way to package and seal meats and veggies for long periods of time. Things like meat and other foods will go a long way if you store it correctly.

This vacuum sealer has top ratings, it’s said to be very easy to operate. It removes air, which is one of the leading causes of spoiled foods. This model allows you to see what you’re sealing with its window, and it’s also good for dehydrated foods. The sealing strip is wide so you can easily seal large quantities of meat or other foods without having to portion them first. It has a roll cutter on the lid, and includes a few extra features and an easy to operate system. You just pick your settings and let the vacuum sealer do the rest of the work for you!
When shopping around for a new vacuum sealer, you may feel overwhelmed with all the options out there. There’s so many different shapes and sizes and capabilities. It’s important to buy the right vacuum sealer for your needs, so take into consideration what you want to use it for first. Make sure you choose a vacuum sealer that will be big enough, wide enough, and offers the other feature you might want.
Luckily, the Foodsaver FM5200 Vacuum Sealer is comparable in price to other vacuum sealers similar to it. Its affordability and diverse functions makes it a no brainer. You could save tons of money by buying your meat or other groceries in bulk and storing them correctly for upcoming events or even for emergencies. Regardless of what you use it for, they will always come in handy.
Read more: Top Rated Best Vacuum Sealer Reviews (Buying Guide): https://vacuumsealerjournal.com/
The instruction manual will include tips on how to keep it working like new, while also providing insight on how to operate the basic and more advanced functions. It’ll help you to navigate your new vacuum sealer with confidence. This versatile machine will combine freshness and peace of mind. With its space saving design, it gives you more counter space for other nifty gadgets, and the sleek look will blend in just fine. The Foodsaver FM5200 Vacuum Sealer is small, but effective and its dimensions make it perfect for any counter top. It is run on electric, so just plug it in and go, no batteries required.
glennaeichmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Sealers

We’ve had the Binford 6400, super sealing machine for several years , coupled with the 18v Milwaukee and the Acme Korn Kernel Kob Stripper we make short work of the Montauk sweet corn crop.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
D5239FB3-AA4F-44D4-85CC-53EF923ADD52.jpg   E62F7828-BB6B-4C9E-869F-12B4ED4A3DA6a.jpg  
Old 10-05-2022, 09:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' and 2004 Tundra
Mix some of that sweet corn with some fresh Louisiana blue crab meat to make an incredible crab and corn bisque!
RBRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:06 AM   #4

Trailer: 21
We use that model food saver ALL the time. We buy our meat in bulk. Package it up in the portions just right for us n into the freezer it goes. Same with other foods. Great investment
Old 10-06-2022, 06:26 AM   #5

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
I have a "small" commercial unit at my house that I use for demonstrations. It weighs almost 80 lbs and costs nearly $4,000. This one has a marinate mode and a tenderize mode. The pressure pulsates to drive marinate into the product and to stretch/pull the connective tissue on whole muscle proteins. Who knew, right?

I use it at home quite a bit since I have it but it is for serious work. Our friend uses her FoodSaver all the time and loves it.

May have to borrow Iowa Dave's Binford Corn Skinner machine to make a mess of that Lobster Bisque.
WillyB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:39 AM   #6

Trailer: 21
We use ours also for preparing meals for trips. We cook the meals n bag up portions of stew, meat sauce n then thaw as needed on trips
Old 10-06-2022, 08:22 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
I have a "small" commercial unit at my house that I use for demonstrations. It weighs almost 80 lbs and costs nearly $4,000. This one has a marinate mode and a tenderize mode. The pressure pulsates to drive marinate into the product and to stretch/pull the connective tissue on whole muscle proteins. Who knew, right?

I use it at home quite a bit since I have it but it is for serious work. Our friend uses her FoodSaver all the time and loves it.

May have to borrow Iowa Dave's Binford Corn Skinner machine to make a mess of that Lobster Bisque.
Here’s a link
https://www.amazon.com/Kernel-Kutter...76096755&psc=1
Iowa Dave