High quality, nesting pots and pans set - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
High quality, nesting pots and pans set

I wanted to pass on one of our best purchases for our trailer. I bought a very nice, high quality nesting pot and pan set via Kickstarter over a year ago. But I wanted to let the company get established and live with them for a year to test their durability before recommending them to others. (Note: I have no skin in the game. I'm just passing on a tip that others may find useful.)

The frying pans have removable handles and the pots all nest into each other so it was really easy to fit them into our basket drawer under the sink in our 19'. They have a very durable non-stick coating, the glass lids have build in strainers and the lid handles will double as a spoon rest. After a year of use they look as new as when we first bought them with no nicks or scratches etc. The non-stick coating is still intact and shows no sign of wear. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well they have held up.

Here is a link to their web site: https://ausker.com

Cheers!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
We bought these a few years ago and are very pleased with them.

https://www.amazon.com/Magma-Product...=fsclp_pl_dp_3
Attached Thumbnails
Magma.jpg  
Old 03-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Nice to know about other options - thanks.

Question for ya on straining through the lid. I have a pot that does that from Analon/Circulon. Nice idea that was really a PITA as the steam would come back at your hand that was holding the lid in place. Not too thrilling, to say the least. Does this lid do that?

I've been using the Magma set in blue and am quite happy with them.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #4

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
We bought these a few years ago and are very pleased with them.

https://www.amazon.com/Magma-Product...=fsclp_pl_dp_3
We've had the identical set for the past 3-4 years and Terry would never give them up. Hiked today in the Chiricahua Mountains by Portal, AZ and then enjoyed beef stroganoff tonight, cooked in the Magma cookware, in the camper, while it's raining outside. Life is good!

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 03-11-2019, 10:28 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I bought the 10 piece Magma set last summer for the Big Trip, but they're the Induction set. Heavy suckers! But I thought some day I might have an induction cook top in Ten Forward and as the set was expensive I wanted to make certain they'd work for that as well.

Otherwise, I might really consider the set Arnie & Paula posted above.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
It looks like a great set. I wish they had a smaller set with just a medium pot and a frying pan and a common lid, though. Although if I could use the others at home it might still be a great idea- folding handles out of the way would sure make storage even at home a lot easier.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:43 PM   #7

Trailer: TBD
Good choices, I recently have been looking at cookware too. I will have to add the two above to my short list of these, available in three sizes.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GP1I5...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Old 03-11-2019, 11:46 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Several of the reviews on the Magma set say if used on propane stoves the handles melt. Anyone having those issues?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Nice to know about other options - thanks.

Question for ya on straining through the lid. I have a pot that does that from Analon/Circulon. Nice idea that was really a PITA as the steam would come back at your hand that was holding the lid in place. Not too thrilling, to say the least. Does this lid do that?

I've been using the Magma set in blue and am quite happy with them.
When straining I use two pot holders to hold the side handles and the lids at the same time. Since my hands are off to the sides, they are out of the way of the steam.

Also,The lids have two different sized straining holes on opposite sides which is nice.
- Bremerton, WA
Old 03-12-2019, 12:52 AM   #10

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Several of the reviews on the Magma set say if used on propane stoves the handles melt. Anyone having those issues?

We used a Magma set full time in our 17B for a year, and intermittently for the couple of years since then in our 19. While we are generally happy with their performance, I can confirm that the handles do suffer from some melting distortion on the propane cooktop. The other niggle is that the fry pan has completely lost its non-stick ability, which results in a lot more water required to clean it after eggs or hash browns in the morning. If I were shopping for a new set I’d look for something with a more bulletproof nonstick finish, if such exists. Maybe time to start packing a well seasoned cast iron skillet.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
We used a Magma set full time in our 17B for a year, and intermittently for the couple of years since then in our 19. While we are generally happy with their performance, I can confirm that the handles do suffer from some melting distortion on the propane cooktop. The other niggle is that the fry pan has completely lost its non-stick ability, which results in a lot more water required to clean it after eggs or hash browns in the morning. If I were shopping for a new set I’d look for something with a more bulletproof nonstick finish, if such exists. Maybe time to start packing a well seasoned cast iron skillet.
The non-stick coating on the Ausker pans is a Swiss made, ceramic impregnated coating that is really tough. You can see ours in person at the rally. 🙂
- Bremerton, WA
Old 03-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
We have had a Magma set for 6 years now, and other than some staining on the exterior from heat, and a bit of heat wear on one handle, they are still working great with all the non-stick coating wiring fine. We love the even cooking the thick bases provide. Would buy them again in a heartbeat.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #13

Trailer: TBD
When I googled cookware I came up with this site. Just a starting point, I have no affiliation and can't/won't vouch for the testing methods.

https://wellnessmama.com/5148/safest-cookware-options/
Old 03-12-2019, 09:58 AM   #14

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Our Magma set is just stainless steel, not non-stick and clean up quickly. Our handles are still perfect.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 03-12-2019, 10:24 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Our Magma set is just stainless steel, not non-stick and clean up quickly. Our handles are still perfect.

Enjoy,

Perry
Also have the Magma set and haven't had any issues.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
When I googled cookware I came up with this site. Just a starting point, I have no affiliation and can't/won't vouch for the testing methods.

https://wellnessmama.com/5148/safest-cookware-options/
This blog is written by "A mom of six with a background in journalism" and is unscientific propaganda. Burning teflon and killing birds (which can happen) in no way suggests there is any health issue from cooking in non-stick cookware.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #17

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I closed the blog as soon as I spotted the first Teflon scare mongering.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:21 AM   #18

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
I really like the Magma pots. We have the non-coated induction version. The only drawback is that these are very heavy stainless steel. As a consequence I’m thinking of getting rid of some of the smaller pot sizes that we don’t use often. I also found that the optional carrying bag is helpful in taking out the pots when stored in the lower cabinet of our 17b since you can grab the bag handle with one hand and brace yourself with the other. Without the bag you need to awkwardly grab both handles or do some other awkward balancing.
There is also this T-Fal Ingenio nesting set which is made of thick aluminum and a non-stick coating. The weight is good, and the pots/pans nest nicely, but they don't close together at the top nicely like the Magma ones. They aren’t technically sold in North America, but the magic of Amazon can bring them here if you want them enough:

https://www.amazon.com/9-point-detac...2CKZH0KRPMSJZX

And if you really like choices, there is also this Neoflam one. I haven’t tried it.

https://www.amazon.com/Neoflam-Nonst...+midas+9-piece
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:52 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
We purchased the Stansport set and very happy with it, cost about 1/2 the price of the Magna set.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:40 PM   #20

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
I really like the Magma pots. We have the non-coated induction version. The only drawback is that these are very heavy stainless steel...

There is also this T-Fal Ingenio nesting set which is made of thick aluminum and a non-stick coating. The weight is good, and the pots/pans nest nicely, but they don't close together at the top nicely like the Magma ones. They aren’t technically sold in North America, but the magic of Amazon can bring them here if you want them enough:

https://www.amazon.com/9-point-detac...2CKZH0KRPMSJZX
I have the stainless/induction (not non-stick) pots of the T-Fal Ingenio series; their material would be like the Magma set. I got them to use while travelling (so the stackable design with removable handle), and using an induction cooker. They are well-made, the removable handle works well (although it clamps onto the inside surface so that end of the handle needs washing), they come with both cooking lids and storage lids, and I like them. I bought them from Canadian Tire, but they don't appear to carry them any more, although the two-frying-pan set might be available to order. T-Fal Canada doesn't list either the pot or the non-stick pans any more among their lines of pots and pans, although there are still buried pages for the fry pan set and 11-piece pot set.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote