microfiber sheets 54x 80 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
m&k

Trailer: 2017 19' Sold
microfiber sheets 54x 80

Sheets 54x80 made in Canada, on a trucker site were about $31. Cheap enough, not returnable, has anyone tried microfiber sheets? Same size as full XL, have not found any regular sheets in this price range. Thanks, Marilyn
m&k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by m&k View Post
Sheets 54x80 made in Canada, on a trucker site were about $31. Cheap enough, not returnable, has anyone tried microfiber sheets? Same size as full XL, have not found any regular sheets in this price range. Thanks, Marilyn
I've used them on a full sized bed at home, and was not impressed, although mine were less expensive & from Walmart. I'm looking for something as comfortable as the 3/4 size I currently use with my 17 in 54 X 80 for my new 21.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
m&k

Well, when you find some, please post, as that is what I am also looking for. Thanks
Old 01-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #4

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I just use the next size larger, so I put queen sheets on the bed in the 21. I have a full size Select Comfort bed in there instead of the mattress that ETI supplies. I go the next size bigger at home as well as the top sheets were always too narrow for me and the cats to snuggle under comfortably. Oh yeah, and Dirk!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
I'm not crazy about microfiber sheets. I have dry skin and my feet, hands, and every little hangnail get snagged on the sheets. I love the softness, though. Are there any of those sheets that don't snag?
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
m&k

Never had any, but also have the same issue with dry skin. I thought it was because we live in the desert. but you are in Florida. Hmm there goes that theory. Did read they make some people sweat so maybe for cold weather only.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:39 PM   #7
m&k

Laura, You gave me a nice welcome when I first posted about finding a trailer. Nice to hear from you again. Sounds like you have yours already fixed up to go. We will get there, hope before spring. Taking one mystery at a time, yesterday it was the inverter wouldn't turn off, could use some calm down time today. Your posts about your cats (and husband) are
quite funny. Marilyn
Old 01-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #8
m&k

mattress

Did find an awesome fitted waterproof mattress pad on another thread. Ultimate Mattress Encasement, comes in colors. As an alternative to sheets, am looking at Wiggy's slumber bags, also mentioned on Escape thread.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by m&k View Post
Laura, You gave me a nice welcome when I first posted about finding a trailer. Nice to hear from you again. Sounds like you have yours already fixed up to go. We will get there, hope before spring. Taking one mystery at a time, yesterday it was the inverter wouldn't turn off, could use some calm down time today. Your posts about your cats (and husband) are quite funny. Marilyn
I use flannel sheets practically all year round as I just love the feel of them (at home - we'll see if the same stays true for The Trailer). Here's how I set up our bed. I've already used The Trailer as a guest bedroom when my dad and his gf were here earlier in the month.

thanks for your kind comments.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04906.jpg   DSC04907.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:48 PM   #10
m&k

Cute - flannel, those would be great in the mountains.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:18 AM   #11

Trailer: 2022 - 21C
We are picking up our 21C in ten days. Just curious how folks like the mattress, and what are you all doing as far as mattress replacement if that occurs?
dcgrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:14 AM   #12

Trailer: 2021 21NE
We have a 21NE and the mattress is very comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised. In fact it is so comfortable my husband is known to go out to the trailer and nap in the afternoons on the weekend! He says it is nice and quiet inside the trailer, the perfect temperature and very comfortable on the mattress. We live in Arizona so the daytime temps are very comfortable, right now anyway. ��
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 03:19 AM   #13

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgrout View Post
We are picking up our 21C in ten days. Just curious how folks like the mattress, and what are you all doing as far as mattress replacement if that occurs?
After 350 nights I was having problems with my hip sleeping on the ETI supplied mattress in our 5.0. The springs were failing. We found a great Saatva standard queen bed in St Paul, so before purchasing we removed the mattress. After measuring we found the ETI mattress was NOT 80" x 60" as they claim, but 77.5" by 60", so a standard queen mattress would not fit our 5.0.

I have a fussy back from a car accident in 1975, and a bad hip from a bicycle accident when I was 12, so need a good bed. We've had a Sleep Number bed for 16 years and love it, plus our friends have had a Sleep Number in their Airstream for the past six years. So we ordered a Sleep Number short queen bed (75" x 60"), but after waiting for a month found out the earliest we would receive the bed was March, too late for our winter travels.

We canceled our Sleep Number bed when we found a small bed manufacturer in Minnesota that makes 100% natural latex beds. Two weeks after ordering we brought the bed home and slept on it for ten nights. It is heaven! It's only 7" thick and weighs 105 pounds. Some queens we were looking at were 150-175 pounds.

We're currently on night one in Wichita, KS at Cracker Barrel for our three month trip to New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah, so this trip will give the new bed a complete workout.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 01-26-2022, 08:13 PM   #14

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Don't want people thinking I'm too smart...just got rid of all of my pens. Whew!
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:05 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
Don't want people thinking I'm too smart...just got rid of all of my pens. Whew!
I remember when ball point pens and the infamous "Bic arrow" commercials were introduced in the late 50's. I had a good source as my dad worked for the govment and the black 'property of US government' pens were popular at home.