ok back to barbecues - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2020, 12:37 PM   #41

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
we like the Blackstone griddle and bring a grill (our new Napoleon)- we use both but we go to a state/fed park and stay several days & usually cook a lot. but if i were traveling place to place staying a night i wouldn't travel so heavy . Might get the little griddle for the Napoleon for short stay type travel and just bring that.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #42

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
My Q works fine too, but it does require a good warmup period. The bigger ones come with a temp gauge but I can't imagine they'll fit in the storage compartment, mine goes in the bed of the truck.
We've got a Q and really like it. Works well when converted for the Quick disconnect. The Q1200 is the smaller model (with slightly taller lid) that includes the side shelves and temp gauge.

It does get pretty hot when left on anything higher than medium.

The only thing we wish is that it fit into one of the storage compartments. It rides in an old duffel bag in the tow vehicle.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:13 PM   #43

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Might get the little griddle for the Napoleon for short stay type travel and just bring that.

I got this one at Canadian Tire ( on sale for $29.99 CAD ). It is not cast iron, but aluminum, I think. Fits BBQ perfectly. I'm sure you can find it in the US. Wouldn't pay even close to $99 for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 11.09.35 AM.jpg  
Old 10-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That is a nice touch to the Blackstone, may have to get one myself.....how does it impact grilling/cooking, shorten the time?
Hi Jim hope you are feeling well and good to see you on forum ! Jim what I like is it kind of reflects back the heat and also if grilling something a little greasy contains the grease for easier cleanup . Helps with melting cheese , etc. Even though have a cover , like it covers the grill well . I purchased directly from Blackstone and shipping was free . Very well made too .Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:22 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye Ed View Post
FYI Blackstone 17' Griddle

Here's a heads up about the Blackstone 17" griddle with the stainless steel front and grease cup in the front - like the one in Patandlinda's photos above. Blackstone has discontinued this model and they're getting hard to find. The new ones have a painted front and the grease cup hangs off the back. If you want to get the older model, check out Dick's Sporting Goods

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...17ntbltpgrdcfp

The metal cover as shown in Patandlinda's photos is an extra-cost option. We didn't get it because it mounts permanently to a bracket in the back of the stove and makes the griddle much taller. We got the 2-piece carrying bag and cover instead. With the griddle turned upside down for storage and put in the carrying bag, it fits easily in our 5.0 front storage area with lots of room above it.

The Blackstone comes with a screw-on regulator for use with a little Coleman 1-pound propane bottle, but there are several options on eBay and Amazon for quick-connect hoses that work perfectly with your trailer's built-in propane port.

I know some folks just gotta have that burnt grease smokey flavor to their steaks and burgers so I'm not going to change their mind. But for most cooking, the griddle works great!
Yes went all over to find the 17 which is perfect for 2 . Walked into a Ace Hardware and there the 17’s were . Have gone back and they keep gettin new supplies from somewhere and of course the larger Blackstones . The price was 89 . And our cover was 59 . Blackstone says the cover will only work for front grease cup 17 ‘s . Pat
Old 10-20-2020, 07:24 PM   #46

My barbecue came today a bit large don’t know if it will fit in the front storage but it’s really nice and came with a free griddle
Old 10-20-2020, 07:32 PM   #47

Quote:
My barbecue came today a bit large don’t know if it will fit in the front storage but it’s really nice and came with a free griddle

Mine rides in the aisle. It's the last thing loaded and the first out.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:04 PM   #48

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We travel with the Napoleon 285 in our 21. It fits in the front hatch after I remove the lid (which I believe is a bit shorter than your hatch). Sounds complicated but isn’t, I reassemble inside and it’s snug as bug in there. I worried about smells when I first got it but hasn’t been a problem at all. You do have to remove the regulator and replace the connector to match the quick connect on your hose. Our Ace had the parts or on line. This was an easy fix.
The free griddle is nice...if I had known it was coming I wouldn’t have bought one...I now have a life time supply of griddles, LOL.
I’m a briquets guy at home so I needed to adjust my cooking style. My conclusion is briquets mean cooking over flame and gas means cooking on hot iron. So it get the grill to at least 600 before I throw the meat on. And I added some time, so maybe an 8 minute steak becomes a12 minute steak. And I only flip once, at halftime.
rlavine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:15 PM   #49

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlavine View Post
We travel with the Napoleon 285 in our 21. It fits in the front hatch after I remove the lid (which I believe is a bit shorter than your hatch)...
Under the bed via hatch on side or front box?
Old 10-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #50

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Under the bed through the hatch. It stows just to the right of the hatch door.
rlavine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:03 PM   #51

Trailer: 2014 Escape19
Check out Magma grills online. They have super quality grills made specifically for boats and rv’s. I love mine!! I use it in my Escape19.
Ascheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:35 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Yes went all over to find the 17 which is perfect for 2 . Walked into a Ace Hardware and there the 17’s were . Have gone back and they keep gettin new supplies from somewhere and of course the larger Blackstones . The price was 89 . And our cover was 59 . Blackstone says the cover will only work for front grease cup 17 ‘s . Pat
On the Blackstone website they do have the 17 with the top for 139. I guess a redesigned, not having the front grease cup . Pat
Old 10-21-2020, 11:37 PM   #53

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I bought this. http://dickinsonmarine.com/product_c...ane-barbecues/
It fits in the front storage box of my 21. Is all stainless steel and made in Vancouver. I'm trying to avoid chinese products. It has a temp gauge and get plenty hot for my needs.
Tim Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:48 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascheck View Post
Check out Magma grills online. They have super quality grills made specifically for boats and rv’s. I love mine!! I use it in my Escape19.

Having had a Dickenson, which is also polished stainless steel, I have to ask - how shiny is your Magma now?

Not talking about how well it works, just how it looks.

Whatever grill one buys, I recommend starting out with black.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:20 PM   #55

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
We really like our Napolean TravelQ PRO 285 that we bought last year. Lots of control on the heat, nice even temp all over the large grill and heats up fast. Con is that it does not fit into the front storage compartment of the 5TA
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:43 PM   #56

just so you all know Napoleon grill fits in the front storage 5.0 perfectly and i put my camp chief stove on top of it with storage beside it!
Old 10-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #57

maybe mine is smaller? but its the two burner style a bit bigger then my Weber
Old 10-26-2020, 01:55 PM   #58

Quote:
maybe mine is smaller? but its the two burner style a bit bigger then my Weber

I think one lid is taller than the other.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 11.53.58 AM.png   Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 11.54.09 AM.png