RV out door rug - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2017, 03:28 AM   #1

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
RV out door rug

I'm thinking about buying a new out door rug what size do you think works to fit under the new awning on a 5.0 TA?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:20 AM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We use a 6x9. If I remember right you could fit a 7x11 under it, if they made such a size.

On 2nd thought, you better have someone with a new style awning check it.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:16 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
We bought a 7x11 Dometic Patty O'Mat as it fit perfectly under the awning of our 19. & years later, it is still in great shape. We gave a smaller one we got free with a new awning near 20 years ago to my brother, who is still using it. Tough, fairly thick, and woven to allow water to run through.

You don't see them around as much as you used to, but whatever you buy, do buy a good quality one, as the cheap ones wear out fast, and then just become landfill.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Going to the mat

The first mat we bought was kind of a spur of the moment muddy camping conditions purchase. It worked ok but wasn't very sturdy and you could just tell it wasn't going to last
long. That winter we ordered a good mat and given the size choices bought the large size. It was the right width but much too long. Our youngest daughter bought a boler and needed a mat. We cut ours off shorter so it was just the right size for our 19. Rita hemmed each piece and we gave the small one to Teresa. They both work great for us. My daughter gets the question each time she goes out, "Where did you get that cute little mat?"
We sold the first cheap mat at a garage sale and recovered about half our original cost. We made a bag for ours with a wide opening like a pillowcase with a drawstring and store it under the bed. We have an outside hatch. Like Jim Bennett says, buy a good one once.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote