Seeking quick dry towel reviews - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2016, 08:10 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by davescape View Post
Are some micofibre towels better at absorbing water than others? We have some kitchen towels that we no longer use because they don't absorb water very well. They just sort of re-arrange the water. It's kind of like using plastic wrap. They dry faster than cotton towels because they don't get wet. I'd have better luck with a squeegee Is this typical of microfibre?
Dave,
I had the same experience with some polyester towels, would not absorb. Switched to cotton and they work well. The microfiber with cotton work better and dry quicker since the air can easily get to the wet parts. Also good for cleaning and waxing the exterior. I remember as a teenager, clean cotton diapers were the ideal em to use when detailing your ride.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:35 AM   #22

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
A quick thank you to everyone on the ideas for hanging towels inside and out of the trailer.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:05 AM   #23

I use the JC Penny microfiber towels. They are not super soft, but they do dry you off well enough. The wash cloth dries in a matter of a few hours, towels less. I hang mine just outside the shower, wash cloth in the shower. By later in the afternoon, take everything, fold, store in my shower bag for next day.

If you can dream it, you can do it
walloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
I have two brands on my hooks here -- 2 sets of McNett large towels and one set Sunland dish towels. Both from amazon, but available elsewhere too.

Fortunately I like my towels for their roles, but I would dislike the Sunland towels for drying after bathing.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
There are a couple of textures of microfiber towels. There is the no nub variety which works but you do have to "pat" dry. They don't slide over your skin. The other type is thicker (but still much thinner than cotton) that has a nubby texture similar to cotton towels. I prefer these for showers and wash cloths. Either is fine for hand towels. We got them all at REI in the minimum sizes specific to their intended use to save on space.

We keep the small hand towel attached by the corner ribbon to the handle for the bath fan over the toilet. The wash cloths are on command hooks over the sink,. Usually we are in low humidity conditions and these dry in hours.
Mountain_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towels