Television - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2017, 07:01 AM   #41

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
What size tv is appropriate for stock tv arm supplied by escape 19 24 ?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:21 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'd look at the wall you want to mount it, in the 19' Escape, the bath wall is about 28" deep, so a 22" tv would more or less cover most of the wall, smaller would not. Try using cardboard pieces to determine which you want. The stock arm will hold most of the tv's available, but if you go too big, it may not fit...
Old 04-04-2017, 07:38 AM   #43

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
What size tv is appropriate for stock tv arm supplied by escape 19 24 ?
Not sure if things have changed over the years, but the build sheet that I obtained from Tammy for our trailer lists "Wall Mount Extendable TV Arm (for 15"-19" TV's)". That said, my impression is the mount itself could hold a bigger TV and the limitation is more about the mounting into the wood framing at the edge of the wall. If a wall was reinforced or some type of backing plate was furnished (inside a closet for example) then it could hold the weight of a bigger TV.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:17 AM   #44

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
To each their own, but we have an Escape 21' and mounted a 19" television on the wall we had reinforced between the closet and drawer stack. That's pretty much in the center of the cabin, so no matter where we are watching from, we're not more than 8 feet or so away from the screen, and a 19" television is plenty good for us at that distance (see photos below, one taken from the dinette, one from the bed). And it sticks out into the aisle less than a 24" would, so less likely to bump into it when passing by. An added perk is that our 19" flat screen fits conveniently and snugly inside the upper cabinet just above where we mounted it - laying flat and secure. A larger TV would not fit or store in that cabinet. We're happy with a 19" TV in our 21', but again, to each their own...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09247.jpg   DSC09250.jpg  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #45

Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16' SOLD , 2008 Airstream 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
How big's the TV Russ?
I didn't measure it Bob, but am guessing around 19". I'll check it when I get back home. It is a circa 2008, so maybe not the latest tech. It does not use a wall wart, just an AC cord.
Russ
ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #46

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Not sure if things have changed over the years, but the build sheet that I obtained from Tammy for our trailer lists "Wall Mount Extendable TV Arm (for 15"-19" TV's)". That said, my impression is the mount itself could hold a bigger TV and the limitation is more about the mounting into the wood framing at the edge of the wall. If a wall was reinforced or some type of backing plate was furnished (inside a closet for example) then it could hold the weight of a bigger TV.
According to Sarah at ETI, the TV Bracket they use is rated for 70lbs so it can handle anything you would want in a trailer. However, the size is limited by whether or not it can fit where you want the TV to go. In our 17B, we put a 24 inch, larger than we "need" but also because it can do double duty as a TV in our office/den back at home. Its mounted so we can watch in bed as well as from the dinette at the other end. We bought the TV with us to the orientation and ETI mounted it. The mounting is pretty robust.

I am planning to find a way to secure it while travelling so that I don;t have to keep on connecting it and taking it down again. Obviously it will need added protection, but its a bit of a pain setting up and taking down all the time.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'd look at the wall you want to mount it, in the 19' Escape, the bath wall is about 28" deep, so a 22" tv would more or less cover most of the wall, smaller would not. Try using cardboard pieces to determine which you want. The stock arm will hold most of the tv's available, but if you go too big, it may not fit...
Jim, have you ever considered changing your byline to "home is where I can drive to in eleven hours"

I agree, cardboard mock-ups are really handy for seeing the actual space an object takes up before you commit to it.

We find the 22" size is more than adequate for our 19. But then our first mobile TV was a 5" B&W, so anything larger looks good to us.

As long as the bracket is mounted close to the edge the bolts will go through solid wood. We prefer the P.S. because we can see it from the dinette as well as watch it from the bed.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0001_resize.JPG   IMGP0005_resize.JPG   IMGP0010_resize.JPG   IMGP0014_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #48

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Speaking of television... Thought it was odd the TV listings in the newspaper did not list the starting time for the runner-ups game, The Ducks vs that other runnerup, rounding out the final rankings of the "Final Four." Nothing at all in the paper about it. Odd. So I was in my trailer watching the Gonzaga/North Carolina game last night on the TV but was really wanting to find out the score of the Oregon Ducks consolation game settling who finished 3rd in the tournament for the "National Championship." (Go Ducks.)

Even tuned in early just to learn from Charles Barkley and crew what the score was. They never mentioned the results. It was as if that game was never played. What's up with that?

The Ducks lost to North Carolina Saturday by a single Point! So I naturally switched my allegiance to the Zags. As it turns out I couldn't bear to watch the final 4 minutes of the championship game. I switched it off and found a marathon telecast of Breaking Bad. Into the night, watched a couple hours of that. It was great!

This morning, still found zero mention of the Ducks' consolation game results. What's the story? Did they even play a runners-up game ? This is absolutely intolerable.

Oh, and I lied: wasn't watching the TV in the trailer, it was in the house.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruscal View Post
I didn't measure it Bob, but am guessing around 19". I'll check it when I get back home. It is a circa 2008, so maybe not the latest tech. It does not use a wall wart, just an AC cord.
Russ
Russ,
I too was trying to use an older model plasma tv and felt it was too heavy since I leave mine attached while under power. It was around 6 lbs, I bought a more modern, LED model, weight is 2 lbs, much more comfortable leaving it attached vs the heavier one.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:03 PM   #50

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Speaking of television... Thought it was odd the TV listings in the newspaper did not list the starting time for the runner-ups game, The Ducks vs that other runnerup, rounding out the final rankings of the "Final Four." Nothing at all in the paper about it. Odd. So I was in my trailer watching the Gonzaga/North Carolina game last night on the TV but was really wanting to find out the score of the Oregon Ducks consolation game settling who finished 3rd in the tournament for the "National Championship." (Go Ducks.)

Even tuned in early just to learn from Charles Barkley and crew what the score was. They never mentioned the results. It was as if that game was never played. What's up with that?

The Ducks lost to North Carolina Saturday by a single Point! So I naturally switched my allegiance to the Zags. As it turns out I couldn't bear to watch the final 4 minutes of the championship game. I switched it off and found a marathon telecast of Breaking Bad. Into the night, watched a couple hours of that. It was great!

This morning, still found zero mention of the Ducks' consolation game results. What's the story? Did they even play a runners-up game ? This is absolutely intolerable.

Oh, and I lied: wasn't watching the TV in the trailer, it was in the house.
They haven't played the consolation game since 1981. You need a really OLD TV to get it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_place_playoff
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #51

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Whaaat??
Old 04-04-2017, 02:28 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
The Flames play the Ducks in Anaheim tonight. But then, I'm talking real sports.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #53

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
They haven't played the consolation game since 1981. You need a really OLD TV to get it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_place_playoff
That's right, Doug. The whole tournament is 'single elimination'......win or go home!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #54

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21/ 09 2015
Any preference to a built in DVD player with the smaller (19ish) TV? Or do people just use their laptops. Thoughts please.
luckyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #55

I got a built in with mine, one less item to carry or forget.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #56
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
The Ducks lost to North Carolina Saturday by a single Point!
Most Oregonians are still in mourning Even if a person is not a Duck fan, this was heartbreaking.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #57

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
Any preference to a built in DVD player with the smaller (19ish) TV? Or do people just use their laptops. Thoughts please.
If you have the stereo system on your build sheet, the receiver ETI installs has a DVD player so there is no need to have one built into the TV or to have a standalone DVD player. I am, of the school of thought that why would I want to watch television when I am out RVing. While my wife will watch some television, the only time I see it is if I crawl into bed and she is watching something.......and I typically don't watch for long.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #58

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Bought my TV a couple of years ago from London Drugs. It was:

19 in RCA LCD TV
- 110V AC or 12V DC
- built in DVD player
- audio and video in
- digital audio out
- USB port
- hdmi port
- PC audio and video ports
- antenna connection
- headphone port
- wall mount compatible
- <35W power consumption
- all for $130 Cdn

We have used it many times for watching movies or TV shows on nights when we had no interest in sitting outside by a fire. Has worked very well for us.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:21 PM   #59

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruscal View Post
Russ
Think mine's a 22", 2015 or 16. I'll go out tomorrow and take some readings with the TriMetric from it just so you have a comparison.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #60

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
That was what we did in yesteryear. Old technology, movies on a stick, portable and no need for an DVD.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote