Traitor - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2018, 07:10 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I got the weight off the Bigfoot site, didn't see specs for the twin bed unit. I used the front bed, you must have looked at the rear queen, no big deal. See below.

I've never towed more then the 5.0TA with the F150 so I'll deffer to your experience on what the EcoBoost can do.
I never looked at the weight of the FB as I did not care for that layout as much. I have to wonder what makes it 700 lbs heavier.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:54 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
In my worthless opinion, Escape is the most value for the money. Kind of hard to post from an I pad laying in a hospital bed. Been here 3 weeks with 3 more to go. Escape forum helps pass the time. Thanks guys. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:14 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Ironic, once we have the time and money to enjoy travel in our Escape, our health gets in the way. Stay healthy.....
Old 07-24-2018, 10:16 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
In my worthless opinion, Escape is the most value for the money. Kind of hard to post from an I pad laying in a hospital bed. Been here 3 weeks with 3 more to go. Escape forum helps pass the time. Thanks guys. Loren
Hi: Loren & Cathy... Every opinion has value!!! Never underestimate. Get well soon and follow Dr's. orders. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
What I have been wanting to shout out to all of the Escape readers is if you are thinking of buying that trailer, go for it. To many put it off because of one reason or another and the time catches us. But things are looking up and I’m going camping, Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:57 AM   #26

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have to wonder what makes it 700 lbs heavier.
That just happens to be the weight of the optional 20 cases of Molson longnecks.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #27

Quote:
That just happens to be the weight of the optional 20 cases of Molson longnecks.
LOL
Not if it was my trailer, it would be weighed down with good craft beers. Molson Canadian is for football games, where it is pretty much all they serve.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #28

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
How about installing a bed rail from a medical supply store in your Escape 21 and sleep on the outside of the bed. There are different ways they can be mounted and the rail will help with mobilizing out of bed - perhaps depending on which arm is affected. Maybe even ask an Occupational Therapist to help set you up.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #29

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
What I have been wanting to shout out to all of the Escape readers is if you are thinking of buying that trailer, go for it. To many put it off because of one reason or another and the time catches us. But things are looking up and I’m going camping, Loren
Hope you get better soon! Hang in there, and soon you'll be out camping! Keep your spirits up!!!
Old 07-24-2018, 05:58 PM   #30

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Switching Trailers

I can definitely see the advantage of getting a different bed for your health situation. Especially if it's going to be an on-going situation. Getting out of the bed in the 21 requires you to either scoot down a bunch before you get out, or scoot down a bit and then use the bathroom door frame to help you get out. I can't imagine either would not be painful for you.

At the rally this past week in Bandon, I viewed an Oliver with twin beds - very easy for a person to get out of them. However, is a twin bed wide enough for you? I like to sleep on my side and there wouldn't be enough width for me.

I also got to go through (twice!) a Bigfoot with 2 entry doors and a queen bed up front. It has a short queen, which would never work for me (I'm tall and want the full length of a bed). But, it sure was nice being able to walk around it. And lots easier to make the bed! It also had a dinette and separate couch. But, yeah, that bed would be lots easier to get out of.

Good luck with your decision and your health!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #31

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Bigfoot

First thanks for the replies folks.

Weight isn't a problem I tow other things so our TV is a chevy 2500 duramax. It does 16 to 19 mpg at 70mph depending on terrain and wind but it never bogs down or downshifts.

We know the RQ isn't really a queen besides we also like the dry bath and toilet.

We paid cash for the 21 and to be honest it was the wife who wanted to camp, I figured she would be tired of it after one trip but quite the opposite. she now has paddle boards and bicycle, We may even start taking some grandkids so the extra width and length would be handy.

We are leaning towards the Bigfoot.

We already have an interested party in our 21 because they are nice campers.

Typing with one hand is time consuming!
Snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:01 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy2 View Post
We know the RQ isn't really a queen besides we also like the dry bath and toilet.
I am not a fan of the RV queen length, much preferring the full 80". This is one reason I favour the rear twins in the Bigfoot, along with the added storage with that layout. As far as a bath goes, I would take a wet bath any day to allow more room for other things, but know many do favour the dry bath.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:03 AM   #33

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
I'm all for anything that gets children out in nature, so you have my blessing (for what that's worth)! So let's just rename this thread "Trader" instead of "Traitor".
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #34

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
I am not a fan of the RV queen length, much preferring the full 80". This is one reason I favour the rear twins in the Bigfoot, along with the added storage with that layout. As far as a bath goes, I would take a wet bath any day to allow more room for other things, but know many do favour the dry bath.
I'm a "short" 5' 9" and Terry is 5' 4" so the short queen worked for us, but when buying used you don't get options. If we were buying a new Bigfoot we would purchase the twins. Someone built a board and added a middle mattress to have a huge King plus bed in their Bigfoot. They are much more limber than we are though to get in and out.

Bigfoot makes exceeding wonderful use of storage. We really liked all the drawers and bigger storage spaces than Escape or Scamp uses. Our Casita had the larger upper storage similar to the Bigfoot (taller and deeper storage). Because of all this storage the large bathroom in the Bigfoot was wonderful, and yet had 3-4 times the storage of the bathroom in the 21' Escape.

However, there is a problem with additional storage space. You eventually fill that space and have a heavier camper. I think we easily left 100-200 pounds of gear at home that would not fit into our 23' Lance. For example, we now travel with a Gazelle screen room instead of that huge, heavy Clam, and don't miss the Clam a bit. We believe the storage in the 21' will easily fit our needs (not wants though).

We've only been in one 21' but there is another only 60 miles from us and they are willing to let us look. This time we will have a critical eye on what changes we will prefer.

TETO!

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #35

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Now a Bigfoot would, and has been, a consideration.

Be sure to take a close look at their unique "refridgrator" appliance.

--
Alan
Attached Images

alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:45 AM   #36

Closer

Wife has decided on Bigfoot so once we have it our 21 will be up for sale.

Biggest thing now is finding someone to transport and deliver since I don't have available time to go pick it up.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #37

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I believe someone used Uship for their Escape a short while back. Web site says they ship anything.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:16 PM   #38

Location: In my Escape...full time. Currently in Maine, Maine
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
I believe someone used Uship for their Escape a short while back. Web site says they ship anything.
I just used uShip a couple of weeks ago to deliver my new Escape 19. Good service, no issues. Check the feedback carefully for the drivers who respond to your job.
CarlNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:52 PM   #39

shippers

We are looking at Uship and RV shippers. Any reviews?
Old 07-29-2018, 01:58 PM   #40

Location: In my Escape...full time. Currently in Maine, Maine
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy2 View Post
We are looking at Uship and RV shippers. Any reviews?
https://www.uship.com/profile/699472098/
This is the guy I used and was happy with his service. He does mostly east-west runs I think but fits in others as needed. Young Transport on uShip is also well thought of though his schedule did not match my requirements at the time.
CarlNH is offline   Reply With Quote