3 Great Vancouver Lower Mainland Companies - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
3 Great Vancouver Lower Mainland Companies

3 Great Local Companies

I’ve recently dealt with three Vancouver Lower Mainland Companies and had great experiences. I’ve been busy getting our cute little 17b Escape ready for the 2022 camping season. So I am paying it forward to any Escape Forum members who may be looking for similar services. I learned about these three companies via other Escape Forum members: Nova Kool https://www.novakool.com compressor fridges; Unique Detailing polishing & oxidization removal https://www.uniquedetailing.ca; Tedco RV https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...19800620153588

Nova Kool - Port Coquitlam

Last year I ordered a Nova Kool R3800 which Escape Forum member TwoRainy told us about several years ago. Because COVID I waited for months last year and finally had it installed last September 2021. I purchased it through Steveston Marine Langley and installed by Tedco RV in Langley. Nova Kool does not sell direct.

I had it out three nights last September in the rain and am pleased with the new fridge (we plan to be using it more extensively in the next few weeks). I’m very pleased with Nova Kool’s construction especially when compared to Dometic. Nova Kool has strong door hinges (one year after about 30 plus kilometres of bumpy road I had a Dometic fridge door on the trailer floor).

Nova Kool has strong hinge supports for the fridge door and an upper thumb latch which locks the top of the closed door. “Out of an abundance of caution” I phoned Kova Kool yesterday and talked to their customer service/technician asking if Nova Kool had any customers experiencing fridge doors opening due to rough roads (or seas - Nova Kool has lots of Boating customers).

When the technician figured out my concern (door opening over rough roads) he offered an additional thumb latch for free. All I had to do was drive by the factory to pick it up, which I did this morning. I now have installed a thumb latch on the top and bottom of the fridge door hinge. I plan to be driving over many miles of bumpy roads at the end of May and into June. I feel very confident that the fridge door will be remain closed. I don’t feel any need to use bungy straps.

I’m super impressed with the technician’s offer.

Unique Detailing - Vancouver

I had some light oxidation on the rear roof and no interest in trying to deal with polishing it myself. An experienced detailer and his helper came out from Vancouver to Maple Ridge. They completed the job and we are very pleased with the result.

The cost came in exactly as estimated over the phone. The detailer and helper were professional. It cost 780.00 which included a 100.00 call out charge due to my distance from Vancouver. We are happy with the result.

Tedco RV - Langley

We’ve used Tedco for the last few years for annual work, for the Nova Kool fridge install and for locating and sealing a difficult to find small leak (furnace vent which was not well sealed by Escape). Tedco has been around for many years. It has a kind of “old school’ vibe - no fancy supply store, etc. I’ve found Tyler the owner to be very responsive to our needs even while he is running a small crew of workers.
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:42 PM   #2

Here is a pic of unique detailing in action
Attached Thumbnails
AB086BB1-892D-4B7E-B1F0-DDC2199BE66D.jpg  
Old 04-20-2022, 05:50 PM   #3

Here is a pic of the lower nova kool door support without the thumb latch
I can post another pic with the thumb latch if u would like
Attached Thumbnails
613C9C7D-524D-4499-B039-765118346EFB.jpg  
Old 04-20-2022, 08:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I can second the opinion for 2 of the three companies that they are good to deal with. Tedco since 1977 and Nova Kool since 1982. Never an issue with their products.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote