Acquired a 5.0 TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2020, 03:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Acquired a 5.0 TA

After much thought, conversation, planning & luck, I’m happy to say we purchased a 2014 Escape 5.0. TA. This beauty was bought in Nova Scotia from a wonderful couple, Rick & Patti , who went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Can’t believe we were able to make it happen in this time of Covid. The trailer towed so well behind my Ecodiesel during heavy wind & rain on the return. It’s all tucked away now for a few months, then we are off into new adventures .
Attached Thumbnails
6B9D2C47-4433-4B99-9CCB-482C34455DCB.jpeg  
RichardD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Very nice!!
Old 10-10-2020, 04:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
After much thought, conversation, planning & luck, I’m happy to say we purchased a 2014 Escape 5.0. TA. This beauty was bought in Nova Scotia from a wonderful couple, Rick & Patti , who went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Can’t believe we were able to make it happen in this time of Covid. The trailer towed so well behind my Ecodiesel during heavy wind & rain on the return. It’s all tucked away now for a few months, then we are off into new adventures .
Hi: RichardD... Congraduation's... glad to hear it towed so well. The 5.0TA is well behaved in the Escape family. We can't wait to see your combo. BTW what kind of mileage did you get on the trip both down & back. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1050269.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #4

Thx Alf; didn’t calculate actual numbers. Made it to Rivière de Loup on half a tank of deisel, that’s $50. On the way back, hauling the trailer plus into a strong headwind, fuel economy down. Very pleased with unit stability & maneuverability. It’s gonna be a long winter!
Old 10-10-2020, 07:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
Thx Alf; didn’t calculate actual numbers. Made it to Rivière de Loup on half a tank of deisel, that’s $50. On the way back, hauling the trailer plus into a strong headwind, fuel economy down. Very pleased with unit stability & maneuverability. It’s gonna be a long winter!
Hi: RichardD... I know it's gonna be a long, cold, lonely winter.
Now you're going to have to change your avatar info to reflect the trailer change. Alf
Old 10-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: RichardD...
Now you're going to have to change your avatar info to reflect the trailer change. Alf
Hi Alf, I was just about to post the same thing...too much time on our hands I guess. At least I've still got a few trailer issues to finish, yesterday took maxxfan partly apart to check out the non operating lift motor. Just ordered a new one.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:54 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Hmmm, Brockville, not far from Niagara. Keep your eyes open, the Niagara Escape Rally is in September.
Old 10-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #8

We were planning to take our 17B there but this 5.0TA for sale appeared..........
Maybe 2021?
Old 10-11-2020, 02:41 AM   #9

Leftovers again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Hi Alf, I was just about to post the same thing...too much time on our hands I guess. At least I've still got a few trailer issues to finish, yesterday took maxxfan partly apart to check out the non operating lift motor. Just ordered a new one.
Hi: emers382... Usually when I take something apart... by the time it gets together again... there's leftovers!!! Alf
Old 10-11-2020, 11:42 AM   #10

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
I wanted to publicly thank Richard and Marilyn for taking time form their busy (Cdn) Thanksgiving weekend to show us their trailer.

It was a very lucky coincidence that an Escape 5.0 arrived in such a timely fashion in our small city.

They were very nice and gave us a true sense of the trailer that we had not been able to determine fully from YouTube videos, spec sheets, and the many helpful forum/Facebook contributors.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
I wanted to publicly thank Richard and Marilyn for taking time form their busy (Cdn) Thanksgiving weekend to show us their trailer.

It was a very lucky coincidence that an Escape 5.0 arrived in such a timely fashion in our small city.

They were very nice and gave us a true sense of the trailer that we had not been able to determine fully from YouTube videos, spec sheets, and the many helpful forum/Facebook contributors.
Hi: camp4528... I'm surprised there's room in Brockville for 2/ 5.0TA's.
BTW...Happy Turkey Day!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:09 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: emers382... Usually when I take something apart... by the time it gets together again... there's leftovers!!! Alf
I must admit it's the same with me Alf! I haven't yet actually removed the motor and wiring so who knows what will happen when I do that after I receive the new motor. I did this fall successfully replace the propane detector though

A Happy Thanksgiving to you both.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote