Clarification on personal messenging for new users - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2016, 12:06 AM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Clarification on personal messenging for new users

I noticed when potential buyers are inquiring about a trailer for sale they sometimes report in the thread that they cannot PM a seller because they are a new forum user. Some have stated you need a number of posts before you can PM. I am curious about this because after looking back I was able to PM a seller on 4/11/16 with 0 posts after joining on 3/30/16. My first post was not until 5/6/16. This early personal contact was key to getting our trailer and this likely would also be the case for others given the generally high demand and low supply of used Escapes. Can someone give a definitive answer on this that would be of great benefit to all current and future buyers (and sellers too)? Maybe something changed since I joined?
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:52 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 EggCamper
I also have read the same thing. Also read from the mods that those are the rules. That is why I posted my personal information (didn't want to but assumed I had no choice) when contacting a member to view an RV.

As it turned out, my PM's were sent and received without issue. I had 6 posts at the time. I'm assuming if it was a rule in the past, it must have been lifted.
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:24 AM   #3

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
One of the site team or moderators would know best, but from experience it seems to be an issue of either posts or time on the forum to be able to PM someone.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:24 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Virtual RV
Due to spam problems, members with less than 10 posts in the forum may not send Private Messages (PMs).

If a member has a problem sending a PM, please contact us via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page and we can resolve the issue.