Classified Moderation - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #21

Trailer: 2018 17B / 2010 GMC Sierra
Hello,

Good point. Earlier today I posted a few questions in regards to a trailer advertised in the classified section. My post was deleted soon afterward. After thinking about my post and reading this thread I agree with you. The questions I asked could have been answered in another forum. We are new to this site and still learning the workings. This site is an excellent source for information for a family such as ours gathering as much info as we can before we purchase our first Escape.

Thank you
lilkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #22

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
And exactly how do you determine who owns for example an Escape trailer?

I know this sounds like a great idea for some of the superfans yet many of us do appreciate the diversity of opinions from those who don't own an Escape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I don't recall any requirement that members own an Escape to participate in the forum.
I'm talking about a posting troll. We have at least one here. Trolls stir the water negatively and unfortunately if you don't know they are a troll believe every one of their posts.

It didn't take me long to figure out not only does that person not own a Escape, they have no intention of buying an Escape. As a moderator on another forum, using the same forum software, I did a simple search of posts and easily found out he does not own an Escape and has no intention of getting one. Then I talked to a couple of members and they are tired of his presence.

However, I'm not a moderator here and every forum is run differently, but most forums I have belonged to would have either stopped his trolling or banned him.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:40 AM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Hey Perry,
I don't have the troll here anymore, put him on my ignore list and he vanished. I guess it's a way to self moderate those type of issues and I'm assuming the folks that complained about his postings would have done the same as I have.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 AM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I tried 'ignore' over on FGRV and found it as annoying as the OP.
You get a notification that the OP has posted, but you can't read it, and then you get others responding to the OP post.
Easier to just take a deep breath and go to the next post, knowing that by not responding, you've disarmed him.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:37 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkuma View Post
Hello,

Good point. Earlier today I posted a few questions in regards to a trailer advertised in the classified section. My post was deleted soon afterward. After thinking about my post and reading this thread I agree with you. The questions I asked could have been answered in another forum. We are new to this site and still learning the workings. This site is an excellent source for information for a family such as ours gathering as much info as we can before we purchase our first Escape.

Thank you
Perhaps one of the reasons this site is an excellent source is its members. Your post was deleted as it was posted in the incorrect thread. Your product questions were asked in a 4 Sale of a specific unit by ETI. Any general questions about products available should be directed to the factory or start your own thread. In addition there are currently several threads discussing questions on windows and awnings where you may find your answer. But the For Sale thread is just for that.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:14 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
All subsequent posts in a for sale listing should show respect for the person selling, and in no way influence a potential purchaser.

It was getting frustrating at FGRV dealing with all the (valid) complaints of out of line comments on listings. People with no interest in buying commenting on price, condition, etc. We put together a guideline for posting in the For Sale forums to try to gain some fairness for the seller. Of course, there are way more losings there due to the broader spectrum of manufacturers, but I believe the same rules would work here. We get the help of a lot of members reporting problems which helps us deal with things. Note, the post Jim N here deleted would be deleted there as well.
Marketplace Posting Rules - Fiberglass RV
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #27

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Perhaps one of the reasons this site is an excellent source is its members. Your post was deleted as it was posted in the incorrect thread. Your product questions were asked in a 4 Sale of a specific unit by ETI. Any general questions about products available should be directed to the factory or start your own thread. In addition there are currently several threads discussing questions on windows and awnings where you may find your answer. But the For Sale thread is just for that.

Do the moderators have the ability to move postings to the "correct" category rather than deleting them?
Old 07-17-2018, 08:25 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Do the moderators have the ability to move postings to the "correct" category rather than deleting them?
Moderators can move posts, but without context in their post, often gained from the original post in the listing, it makes little sense.

Rather than tax the volunteer time of a moderators, the member should take the time themselves to either start a new thread, or join in on a more appropriate one.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:52 AM   #29

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Hey Perry,
I don't have the troll here anymore, put him on my ignore list and he vanished. I guess it's a way to self moderate those type of issues and I'm assuming the folks that complained about his postings would have done the same as I have.
For me the ignore list makes me wonder WTH is going on in a post, so I found the ignore list more of an annoyance than the troll. I can handle his ignorance, but feel sorry for newcomers who might possibly believe his trolling.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #30

Trailer: None now
Only problem with putting a troll on ignore is if it is who I think it is they sometimes post valuable info instead of troll stuff.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The very best 'ignore' is your scroll wheel and have some personal restraint. No one is required to read every post nor respond. Mentally I've identified several people I 'ignore.' My job here is to moderate. I do, so I look... but I don't have to read.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:04 AM   #32
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Easier to just take a deep breath and go to the next post, knowing that by not responding, you've disarmed him.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:37 PM   #33

Cost discussion

I like this forum, because many minds, come up with many ways to make our trailers nicer to use.
There is no right way, or wrong way, there is always another way.

If I want the cost of an item, be it a trailer or other thing, such as modifications to our trailer I go to the manufacturer.
From any other source it is just a guesstimate.

If I do not like the price, I do not complain, just go some where else, see what it will cost there.
This forum is not to price out arcticles.

This forum is to discuss trailers and modifications.
No two items cost the same in different locations or areas.
I come from the Yukon originally.
The cost of anything up there is certinally different than say California.
Doug
Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:31 AM   #34

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Smile What you are willing to pay

Hello All,
We live in a free market society so I believe any forum should be run the same way. Yes people should not be mean or rude to someone but opinions everyone has one and there not all the same.

I just purchased a 2014 21' Escape and I found it on this website, no it was not listed for sale I put ad in the Looking for Escape part of this site and lucky for us it found me.

Anyone can see how much a new one cost from the factory website so if your looking for one that should be your starting point I think. There was some things about 2nd generation (awning mostly that I now understand will be manual again in 2019) that I did not like plus boats, cars and home on wheels I try and buy quality used and personally think that's how you get your best bang for your buck.

If I listed what I paid for it I wonder if the post would be deleted because I do my research and no doubt got a really good deal based on the price I see others listed. Plus who knows what something actually sells for? I assume every price on here is negotiable unless ad says FIRM on price and I will say what I think someone else already said, something is worth whatever someone else is willing to give you for it.
Also the time of the year, location of the trailer, condition, all these things play a factor in the value so all 2014 21' Escapes are not the same. Plus we have to face cold hard truth as the popularity grows this will also effect the value, the more of something there is available the buyer has more of an upper hand.
I believe people for the most part that have decided to buy a molded fiberglass trailer are not just your average Joe wanting to go camping, they understand the quality and resale value that comes with owning one.
We are selling a 2004 17' Casita SD now that we have our Escape. Just like the Escape I did a lot of research on pricing so knew what a good deal was and surprising enough bought our Matilda in 2/14 on Ebay, I paid the buy it now price 10 minutes after the ad was placed. Good news is now 4 1/2 years later and many fun times with her we sold Matilda in one day for $300.00 less then what I paid for it. So would say she was a good investment .

Just like our Casita part of the reason I bought our Escape was this website and all I hope to learn from the members on it.

Safe travels to all and look forward to meeting some other people that know quality when they see it and bought Escape.

Steve and Patty
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Hello All,
We live in a free market society so I believe any forum should be run the same way.

Steve and Patty
I don't think that those two items are that closely linked.

Free market society, yes, and when a person advertises their trailer other folks interested in the trailer can do their own due diligence and form their own opinion on its' value. Other folks, knowledge and bias level unknown, chipping in all sorts of comments, maybe some not valid at all, about the trailer for sale don't do the vendor any favors. The ability to post a classified ad is a small perk and shouldn't be interfered with by others who aren't potential buyers.

I have no difficulty with the way the forum is run. I've belonged to forums that didn't run at the same level as the Escape Forum and they didn't have nearly the camaraderie of this forum.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #36

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
i
easier to just take a deep breath and go to the next post, knowing that by not responding, you've disarmed him.
👍 👍 👍 👍 ! !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote