Edit Post?? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2015, 02:18 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19
Edit Post??

I cannot see how to edit one of my posts. Can anyone help? Thx.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
If you are allowed, you'll see an edit box in the lower right of the window, along with quote, quick reply, and multi-quote.. I believe you only have an hour after posting to do so.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Whatcha need? Glad to help you out! Send me a PM.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:16 AM   #4

Trailer: 5.0TA 19 Aug 2016, 2012 Dodge RAM 1500, Andersen Hitch.
Smile We have started the downsize...to an Escape 5.0TA !

Following a month plus of making our way about this forum, seeing the Escape article in TrailerLife, reading and asking questions, visiting CraigJ and his 5.0 in the Palm Springs area, Our deposit has been made, an Oct 16 delivery date received on our 5.0TA! Now more of the same, looking for all the fine details to put into this new rig. Thanks to those we have been in contact with! Jacki and Ethan
ethanallen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Thumbs up

Thank You, Donna and all of the Site team, for making this wonderful and IMO well-moderated resource possible!

And to the countless contributors of shared knowledge and experience, Huge Kudos!

Old 08-02-2020, 07:26 PM   #6

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
I'll put my complaint in again, but one hour to edit is just too short. Even the FG Forum allows around 8 hours. One or two hours is just a joke and makes for more work for moderators.

I'm dyslexic and don't see things like others do and come back hours later to find mistakes. I have to wait too long here to post because of that anal-retentive 1-2 hour limit.

I'm a moderator on a potentially hyper-active bicycle forum and there is no time limit and it's been working for the last 16 years. Yes, anyone can edit a post they made from 16 years ago!

Perry
Old 08-02-2020, 07:34 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I'll put my complaint in again, but one hour to edit is just too short. Even the FG Forum allows around 8 hours. One or two hours is just a joke and makes for more work for moderators.

I'm dyslexic and don't see things like others do and come back hours later to find mistakes. I have to wait too long here to post because of that anal-retentive 1-2 hour limit.

I'm a moderator on a potentially hyper-active bicycle forum and there is no time limit and it's been working for the last 16 years. Yes, anyone can edit a post they made from 16 years ago!

Perry
I've never heard a moderator here complain about helping anyone.

Your bicycle forum must have really nice people. I belong to a forum where a long time member got VERY ANGRY and went in and deleted text from every single one of his posts, basically destroyed his own archive. Juvenile. BTW, moderators have no control over how the software works, you'd need to take your suggestion up with the Admins: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/sendmessage.php
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:24 AM   #8

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I've never heard a moderator here complain about helping anyone.

Your bicycle forum must have really nice people. I belong to a forum where a long time member got VERY ANGRY and went in and deleted text from every single one of his posts, basically destroyed his own archive. Juvenile. BTW, moderators have no control over how the software works, you'd need to take your suggestion up with the Admins: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/sendmessage.php
I've taken it up with no response. Are any of the true software Admins members here or just admin all the other connected forums along with this forum?

Being dyslexic sucks and last night another post I wrote was edited by me at least 10 times. I can easily see others mistakes, but mine take much longer.

Yes, we've had people delete every one of their posts. That's their problem. If someone quotes one of the deleted posts then there is context for the response.

While I don't expect all forums to have unlimited editing rights, I find the editing time (about 8 hours?) at the Fiberglass Forum to be much, much better than 1-2 hours. Again, I see no reason for such a tight editing window.

Thanks,

Perry
Old 08-03-2020, 11:31 AM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
What I do is compose my sometimes long-winded posts on a word processor. Now I check for grammar, mis-spellings, punctuation, run-on sentences (a sentence containing too many thoughts that seem to run on forever,) and especially, adding paragraphing that...

... removes the dumb parts and separates thoughts, but mostly makes stuff easier on the readers' eyes.

Then I copy and paste it into the forum thread. At that point if a re-reading seems obtuse, make corrections. Works for me.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:25 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 1964 Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I've taken it up with no response. Are any of the true software Admins members here or just admin all the other connected forums along with this forum?

Perry
Please be patient - not many decisions are made on weekend

Currently the edit window is 3 hours. We picked this limit to balance the need to update posts to fix typos and add more info against the real issue that folks sometimes edit posts or remove them after they get responses they don't like.

While we consider how to move forward, please know that the site team is happy to help with needed updates as you find them.

Escape Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 11:05 PM   #11

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Since I’ve seen recent questions about this forum’s time limit for editing posts, I thought I would refresh this thread I found on that very subject. Janet H’s post above mine gives the forum policy for anyone who is curious. I, for one, was not aware that the time limit is three hours. I actually thought it was shorter.

Also, seeing in Post #3 that Donna D. has been a volunteer moderator here for this long, I have to say a big, big thank you. Your devotion to our little Escape World is truly impressive!
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 06:41 AM   #12

Trailer: 21
Agree thank you to Donna and all the Moderators.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:02 AM   #13

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
Agree thank you to Donna and all the Moderators.
I also agree. I appreciate having the forum available and it is here because there are volunteers willing to be mods. Mods have lives too and if it takes a few days or a weekend to respond I understand that. This isn't life or death.