Forum Time Out - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think you're right Greg. Notice the little snip about "tracking" in the error message. Might be my anti-virus, etc. is catching this, where others software isn't.
Well on the bright side, maybe you aren't being followed....
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Well, no joy. Changing the config, only changed the way the message is delivered. Instead of a banner that kept popping down below the address bar, I now get a popup.
This has a simple solution of clicking the "Don't ask again" checkbox.
(Assuming of course you don't care about an unresponsive script.)

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
This has a simple solution of clicking the "Don't ask again" checkbox.
(Assuming of course you don't care about an unresponsive script.)

--
Alan
I've done that. But you notice where it says "data23" or something in the URL? WELL, THAT keeps changing, so it's not the same thing and won't be ignored. This is almost funny.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:27 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 21 Dec 2016
Quote:
I've done that. But you notice where it says "data23" or something in the URL? WELL, THAT keeps changing, so it's not the same thing and won't be ignored. This is almost funny.
Disabling the popup about slow scripts is the computer equivalent of fixing the trouble light on the dashboard of your vehicle rather than fixing the issue that's causing it to go off.

If you haven't already, maybe check which extensions you have installed on your browser and disable anything you don't recognize. In Firefox I think it's menu->add-ons->extensions. Those can often be the culprit.

The changing "data23" number at the beginning is the subdomain- so it's downloading whatever script is going crazy for you from different servers (They seem to be all located in France). Likely some sort of tracking but probably nothing you want running.
Tisiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:20 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisiphone View Post
Disabling the popup about slow scripts is the computer equivalent of fixing the trouble light on the dashboard of your vehicle rather than fixing the issue that's causing it to go off.
Personally, I would just cut the wire going to the light. Out of sight, out of mind.

Donna probably has more common sense than I do and might like the following solution that I found on the web:

Letting the script run longer

If you find that pressing the Continue button brings up the same dialog again, letting the script run longer won't help you; it will just make Firefox hang for longer. However, if you can use Firefox normally after pressing Continue, then the script may just needs extra time to complete.

To tell Firefox to let the script run longer:

In the address bar, type about:config and press Return.
The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I accept the risk! to continue to the about:config page.
In the about:config page, search for the preference dom.max_script_run_time, and double-click on it.
In the Enter integer value prompt, type 20.
Press OK.

Again, if you take the plunge, let us know if it works.
--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:56 AM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Alan, I tried your solution on Tuesday (post 15). All it did was change the message from a banner drop down to a popup.

Karen (wetzk) suggested via PM to try Adblock for Firefox. I've installed that, it seems to be working! So that dang scripting message WAS coming from one of the ads. If something should go side-ways, I'll let you ALL know.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisiphone View Post
The ability to turn off some of the warning lights on a vehicle is actually an attractive concept. I had a Dodge Caravan a number of years ago that I bought as a lease return from a friend. Shortly after its purchase, the "check engine" light on the dash went on. It was kind of annoying after a while so I covered it up with a piece of black electrical tape, and when the van died about 200,000 km later, the tape was still there (however, this time the engine really needed to be checked).

I use Internet Explorer on my office computer (with AdBlock Plus) for all of my "at work" browsing. Never have any problems or issues with this site.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote