Go Power Display Flashing - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2022, 01:14 PM   #1
ATN

Trailer: 2021 17b
Go Power Display Flashing

While driving during the day we had the refrigerator on DC (we have a solar panel and 2 6-volt batteries). We checked every hour for three hours and it was in the 12-12.5 range. We stopped again to check and all the icons on the panel were flashing. We tried the soft boot of pushing all 4 buttons and holding for 15 seconds. The next step in the manual is to disconnect some wires which leaves us a little hesitant. Is this what we need to do? And did leaving the refrigerator on while driving cause this problem. We've read this forum extensively since getting our trailer last year and have learned a lot but have more learning to go. Thanks for all your help!
ATN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:49 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I would not recommend using the refrigerator on 12v DC with one panel and dual 6 volt batteries.
You have propane and besides it should remain cold for at least 8 hours left unplugged, these are your other options. If you want to use the DC options, then another solar would be helpful to replenish quicker.
Old 07-22-2022, 01:51 PM   #3
ATN

Thanks, we also decided we wouldn't be running it on DC while traveling again. But what do we do about the flashing Pro Power display?
Old 07-22-2022, 03:26 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATN View Post
Thanks, we also decided we wouldn't be running it on DC while traveling again. But what do we do about the flashing Pro Power display?
12 volts is less than 1/2 charged, maybe your batteries are dead? Do your 12v lights or 12v fans work on battery?
I should add I am not a battery expert, I believe 11.5 v would be a dead battery and 12.2 v is 50% charged.
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:01 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
I agree with yangstyle: your batteries may be shot, with that level of steady drain. Any place selling batteries should be able to do a check battery check to give you peace of mind.

RE: the GoPower reboot. It's really no big deal. Yes, I was squeamish too but finally bit the bullet & did it when I had erratic readings. [Turned out for me that it was a defective solar panel.] The charge controller simply needed to be set up again, as I recall, but the system sort of walks you through it. That won't work, however, if your batteries are defunct. After you disconnect the appropriate wires, make sure you re-tighten fully. Had the loose connection causing us fits too. Hope that's helpful.

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:26 PM   #6
ATN

We checked the batteries with a multimeter and fortunately they are both good. Since the soft reset didn’t work on the GoPower, we decided to check its wiring and found that one wire was very loose. After re-connecting the wire, the system worked again. Grateful for the outcome and the help!
Old 07-23-2022, 07:16 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Always a relief when an “obvious” problem is located and corrected. And there’s no long term damage. I’ve never towed with the refrigerator on DC. I usually tow with it on propane with varying success depending upon ambient temps, sun, etc. I think mine blows out sometimes, I know the one in the 19 did but it never affected the food in the refrigerator.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-23-2022, 07:22 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
you might find this helpful

NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 07:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
go power display flashing

8/22/22

I recently had exactly the same problem (and solution) on my 2021 E19 (flashing Go Power Display). Soft restart also did nothing. Turns out one of the wires going into the Go Power unit was also loose. had to remove the display from the seat bench wall to get access to the wire-tightening screws and re-inserted the wire and locked it down, and unit is working fine. Once again "saved by the forum"!!! Big thanks to those posting on this thread!
jeffhaltiner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
go power