issues - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2021, 02:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 19ft
issues

hello all, I am hoping that someone has an answer for me. I have a 2019 19ft escape new in may 2019. I have 2 things happening.

first, after getting the trailer out of storage for the winter I noticed when i was picking it up that it was making a beeping sound. After putting the batteries back in, the beeping has not stopped, I have checked the smoke co2 detector both good, I vacuumed the propane detector and it shows green, however i cannot find the source of the beeping, louder outside by the entrance door than inside the trailer.

second issue is I have trailer hooked to power and propane turned on, when i turn on heat the air conditioner comes on at the same time. I have turned up the temp for the air conditioner to 80 so it should not come on. I cannot get the heat to come on without the air as long as it is hooked up to power.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Harvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21, 2014 Northern Lite slide in, 2014 2500 Duramax
If you have an electric awning, check the batteries in the wind sensor
TZBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvie View Post
hello all, I am hoping that someone has an answer for me. I have a 2019 19ft escape new in may 2019. I have 2 things happening.

first, after getting the trailer out of storage for the winter I noticed when i was picking it up that it was making a beeping sound. After putting the batteries back in, the beeping has not stopped, I have checked the smoke co2 detector both good, I vacuumed the propane detector and it shows green, however i cannot find the source of the beeping, louder outside by the entrance door than inside the trailer.

second issue is I have trailer hooked to power and propane turned on, when i turn on heat the air conditioner comes on at the same time. I have turned up the temp for the air conditioner to 80 so it should not come on. I cannot get the heat to come on without the air as long as it is hooked up to power.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Can't help with the beeping if it is't the propane detector or the smoke alarm, but as to the AC & furnace at the same time, you need to cycle the thermostat to "Automatic" then select either AC or Heat. If you don't, both the AC & furnace will run at the same time.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
As stated it will be the wind sensor attached to the outer bar of the awning. Had the same thing happened to our 2018 19.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:18 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
I had an alarm on our Scamp last year after putting in the battery. It was the alarm on the Maxxfan.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 05:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Can't help with the beeping if it is't the propane detector or the smoke alarm, but as to the AC & furnace at the same time, you need to cycle the thermostat to "Automatic" then select either AC or Heat. If you don't, both the AC & furnace will run at the same time.

Thanks so much, that solved the problem. the beeping was the batteries on the wind sensor of the awning.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:37 PM   #7

Thanks so much, that was the ticket
Old 04-12-2021, 06:07 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvie View Post
Thanks so much, that was the ticket
Harvie, can you let me know type of batteries? Too lazy to go look it up. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2021, 06:47 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 "Escape Pod" (November 30 2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
If you have an electric awning, check the batteries in the wind sensor
This happened to us when dewinterizing this year. You wouldn't believe how long it took us to figure it out!!
GoCampBC is offline   Reply With Quote