Login Change - e-mail address to login - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2019, 02:32 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 1964 Globetrotter
Login Change - e-mail address to login

In the next few days as you login you will be prompted to use your e-mail address and password instead of your username and password. This change is being made for a number of reasons.

The biggest reason has to do with the forum being part of the RV Life family of sites. Many of us have accounts at other RV Life sites, specifically campgroundreviews.com. In time you will be able to login to the forum as well as other RV Life sites where you have accounts with the same login, simplifying things substantially.

We hope to have an enhanced mobile app available as well that will allow you to read and post on multiple RV Life sites where you have registered an account if you desire, although this is not yet fully developed.

Some other reasons:
  • Username logins were case sensitive and often had punctuation that could be miskeyed or forgotten and has been a regular cause of login trouble.
  • It's easier to remember your e-mail address then username for most folks.
  • E-mail address are not visible on the forum but usernames (half of the login combo) are and so there is a little better account security.
  • Your username will remain unchanged and display as usual next to your posts.

If you have trouble logging in with your e-mail address instead of username there will be some prompts on the login screen to help you and a link to update your email address if needed. This change will not affect Tapatalk logins.

Thanks in advance for your patience with these changes - we're working hard to improve security and keep the site easy to use.

Escape Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:30 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Well, something is screwed up. I thought my email address with you was [redacted]] - but after a dozen tries the software continued to reject that as not being in your system. After many many robot tries I gave up and re-registered as MyronD instead of MyronL and used [redacted] as my email address. So now I am logged in as a newbie!!! Where did I go wrong??
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:58 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Moderators can't help. We need an Admin to combine both of your accounts, so you will be you again!

This is a wake-up call to anyone who thinks they know what email addy is being used for their account here. Check it out, don't assume
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #4

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Moderators can't help. We need an Admin to combine both of your accounts, so you will be you again!
I've asked this before, who are/is the Admin(s)?

I'm a moderator/admin on another forum that uses the same software and it's easy to get the information MyronL needs. I looked up a post that "MyronL" made and sent him an email. Hopefully he still checks that email so he will know what he registered with.

Thanks,

Perry
Old 01-21-2019, 11:28 AM   #5

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Login issues

Add me to the list of those who had login issues with the new protocol. Finally had to request a new password.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I've asked this before, who are/is the Admin(s)?
Anytime you use this link: Escape Trailer Owners Community - Contact Us

it goes to the Admin account.

And while others may use the same software elsewhere, the backroom has been setup differently here.
Attached Images

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronD View Post
Well, something is screwed up. I thought my email address with you was [redacted] - but after a dozen tries the software continued to reject that as not being in your system. After many many robot tries I gave up and re-registered as MyronD instead of MyronL and used [redacted] l as my email address. So now I am logged in as a newbie!!! Where did I go wrong??

You can always hit the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach the help desk for login problems BUT I looked up your accounts.. The e-mail address on the MyronL account is a century link account. I'm also redacting the e-mail address you posted - it invites spam .

If you would like some help getting these accounts merged please send me a PM (or hit the contact link).

Old 01-21-2019, 03:37 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
On a positive note, my first email-based login worked. That's a lot better than my experience with the same change in FiberglassRV.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #9

I am squared up now. To sum up, during my initial attempts this morning, being used to using my username, MyronL, I forgot which one of my several email addresses I originally used to register this forum, many moons ago. Prompted, I picked the wrong one.

In the course of what followed (some primal screaming) as I was asked (no human involved) if I would like to change my password and, (thinking what the hell) I said yes. When the non-human didn't right away send a new temporary password as promised, I never panicked but continued to try and get logged in. One thing led to another, I lost track of things, and ended all my frustration. I logged in a completely new identity, MyronD, ---using the email address I previously had mistaken as the right one.

I then found the machine sent email with the brand new, different password (I asked for). And it works. (It's always something.)

So! Now I have two log in names, the oldie and the newbie. Must lie down now.
Attached Thumbnails
moon1.jpg  
Old 01-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I am squared up now. To sum up, during my initial attempts this morning, being used to using my username, MyronL, I forgot which one of my several email addresses I originally used to register this forum, many moons ago. Prompted, I picked the wrong one.
This is why the forum administrators wanted us to check the e-mail address we had in our profile before the transition. Of course, now it's too late for anyone who has logged out, since they will not be able to log in to check without the right e-mail address. For those who don't normally log out, and are thus still logged in from before the transition, this is your opportunity to avoid problems, as Donna suggested.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:48 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:

So! Now I have two log in names, the oldie and the newbie. Must lie down now.
I can merge these for you.....?

Old 01-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #12

Yes thanks, I would appreciate that....very helpful... please keep me with my old MyronL username/listing and the "...centurylink-ect-ect-etc..." Sorry for any mess I created.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Yes thanks, I would appreciate that....very helpful... please keep me with my old MyronL username/listing and the "...centurylink-ect-ect-etc..." Sorry for any mess I created.

Done! You have only one account. remember that you can updated the e-mail address associated with your account if needed here: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/usercp.php but you must be using a full browser (not a mobile app).

Old 01-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #14

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
I use LastPass for my passwords and usually put the email address associated with a site
I am registered with in the Notes section. That way I usually don't have to rely on all the different funky methods admins employ. Just a thought. It helps me.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:45 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 pulled by GMC Canyon Diesel.
Worked like a charm!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. Mark Twain
JPSpins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #16

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I click on Escape 5.0 for sale ( in bold ) and I get taken to thread about logging in. Tried three times.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 11.27.12 AM.png   Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 11.27.38 AM.jpg  
Old 03-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #17

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Glen, Just a guess, but if you use a windows machine can you try clearing your cache? No idea about Macs.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:01 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Two month old Mac. Shouldn't be the problem, but I cleared cache.