Nice is required - forum posting etiquette - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2018, 09:06 AM   #21

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
"My personal take is that I see this forum as a community, and friendly banter is a part of any community. There are times the thread drift does get a little overboard, but I just skip part in not interested." From Jim Bennett

Agreed. At times the drifting can be annoying, but overall it totally helps create the sense of community for me.
And sometimes the drift is useful, like finding a another source for thermacell butane cartridges in an inverter discussion. I did not know butane curling irons also used them and they are often less expensive too.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #22

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
This forum would lose a lot if the chat police ever decided to restrict free and open discussion. It would lose exactly what makes it a community that people enjoy hanging around together. And it would be impractical to police in such a fashion.

Also, I have discovered the one dining establishment in Port Townsend that serves poutine. They make a curry variant that is delightful! It’s The Old Whiskey Mill.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
This forum would lose a lot if the chat police ever decided to restrict free and open discussion. It would lose exactly what makes it a community that people enjoy hanging around together. And it would be impractical to police in such a fashion.

Also, I have discovered the one dining establishment in Port Townsend that serves poutine. They make a curry variant that is delightful! It’s The Old Whiskey Mill.
Prexactly!

Makes notes in poutine directory.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Ive been participating in online forums for 30 years--first, educational, and social, and for the past 10 years, trailering. It did take me awhile to learn the tricks in this forum, and just searching for the Lagun table support brought up at least 18 threads....but the wealth of information is worth it. There's no hope of herding a group into organized posting and still having a vibrant community.

I so appreciate all the wisdom contained here and the patience with which my questions have been answered. I eagerly await both my Escape and meeting a lot of these folks (in May).
Old 01-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #25

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I so appreciate all the wisdom contained here and the patience with which my questions have been answered.

And the poutine tips! Right?
Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #26

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
My father would tell you I pout very well without any advice or encouragement.

But seriously, folks, I've never had it. But last week I did have fries tossed with bite-sized pieces of excellent pastrami and covered with cheese sauce.

Sort of a Bay Area/CA version
Old 01-25-2018, 09:51 AM   #27

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA Tundra 1794 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
"My personal take is that I see this forum as a community, and friendly banter is a part of any community. There are times the thread drift does get a little overboard, but I just skip part in not interested." From Jim Bennett

Agreed. At times the drifting can be annoying, but overall it totally helps create the sense of community for me.
Thank you Janet.... and I agree with the quote above.

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time" JT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlAD-b7yew
Honair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:54 AM   #28

Trailer: 2016 5.0 TA
This should be read by all

I have always enjoyed the forum and use it quite often for research and ideas.
The last time I posted anything was a few years ago.
It was in regards to a bike rack.
While a number of members were supportive a "few" of the senior members were very opinionated and rude.
It was the Last time we posted realizing this site was controlled by These individuals who post daily.
Escapesechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
As a person who who is probably in the daily poster category I hope I didn't say anything rude in that post.

I don't think that the forum is controlled by daily posters but since they're exposed to a lot of trailer stuff they maybe have slightly stronger opinions about some things.

Also, some of us have had the good fortune to meet up at rallies etc. and actually know each other. So, sometimes the comments might seem a little pushy because we're just kidding around.

At any rate, there's a lot of really nice helpful folks on the forum, even those daily posters, so don't give up on us yet.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #30
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
There's a difference between being opinionated and being rude or nasty. You know it when you see it. The other thing is, if you're looking for things to take offense to, you'll probably find what you're looking for. Seems today that's the trend. Sad.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:58 AM   #31

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
As a person who who is probably in the daily poster category I hope I didn't say anything rude in that post.

I don't think that the forum is controlled by daily posters but since they're exposed to a lot of trailer stuff they maybe have slightly stronger opinions about some things.

Also, some of us have had the good fortune to meet up at rallies etc. and actually know each other. So, sometimes the comments might seem a little pushy because we're just kidding around.

At any rate, there's a lot of really nice helpful folks on the forum, even those daily posters, so don't give up on us yet.

Ron
Very nicely said Ron and I for one never find you rude . I believe and I am guilty too ,maybe put the brakes on someone else choices with tow vehicles , trailers , etc. if there isn't any constructive information about their choices just trying to knock down their choices isn't helpful . It is a fine line but just pointing out what they don't see or know instead and then leaving it up to them to make their choices is respectful .And I will admit I am quilty too and will really make a better effort to respect others choices . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:08 PM   #32

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
I see the humorous/ rude comments that are posted, it seems, regularly. I find that for me, personally, it detracts from the value of the forum. One person's humor is another person's rude comment. Lately, when I am tempted to post some humorous, to me, comment, I stop then make a note of it to myself then go on without posting. It might just be rude seeming to someone else like the poster I am referring to. Maybe those who know each other could make their comments in person rather than on the forum.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:44 PM   #33

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Take what you need and leave the rest.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:07 PM   #34

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i have only once or twice found one or two people's comments a bit aggressive but i am on the forum a lot and i am opinionated. For the most part i have found the opinions very helpful they have prevented me from doing a few things that could have led to a bad experience ,saved me from buying the wrong item , etc... So many times i have been able to solve issues on my own from reading this forum. I started with no RV experience so this forum has been invaluable to me. I agree meeting everyone at the rally builds relationships with other members.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #35

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Whatever you do, never say anything derogatory about poutine! That will get you kicked off most RV forums!
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:10 PM   #36

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i have only once or twice found one or two people's comments a bit aggressive but i am on the forum a lot and i am opinionated. For the most part i have found the opinions very helpful they have prevented me from doing a few things that could have led to a bad experience ,saved me from buying the wrong item , etc... So many times i have been able to solve issues on my own from reading this forum. I started with no RV experience so this forum has been invaluable to me. I agree meeting everyone at the rally builds relationships with other members.
I couldn't have said it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Whatever you do, never say anything derogatory about poutine! That will get you kicked off most RV forums!
So that's why it keeps happening
Old 07-25-2018, 05:19 PM   #37

Yes sad....😊
Old 07-25-2018, 05:21 PM   #38

BTW
Ron...you were very encouraging and we did take your advice.
Thank you
Old 07-25-2018, 05:44 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Take what you need and leave the rest.
👍😎👍 Good thought!
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:06 PM   #40

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
No comment thenp