Power Cord - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2023, 09:30 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape Trailer 21NE 2022
Power Cord

I have a Honda generator and want to use it to power up the Escape. Two days of rain and lithium batteries are dead. I have now discovered that the yellow power cord end that came with the trailer won’t fit the Honda. Could someone please tell me what I need and if I need to do anything other than plug on and turn on the generator to charge the lithium batteries. Thanks.
chesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 10:17 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesaka View Post
I have a Honda generator and want to use it to power up the Escape. Two days of rain and lithium batteries are dead. I have now discovered that the yellow power cord end that came with the trailer won’t fit the Honda. Could someone please tell me what I need and if I need to do anything other than plug on and turn on the generator to charge the lithium batteries. Thanks.

You need to have one of these. Have to check closely the ends(you want NON locking), many kinds out there. I thought ETI tosses one in(check storage box?)? I have the "dog bone" one & a all in one, one. https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-TT-30...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 10:24 AM   #3

Stubby one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084FXD5VW...dDbGljaz10cnVl

I'll add. I have this set up, but haven't done it yet! I would guess turn most electrical draw off 1st, then plug in, & slowly turn on what you need minimum to start.
Old 04-09-2023, 10:57 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
Stubby one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084FXD5VW...dDbGljaz10cnVl

I'll add. I have this set up, but haven't done it yet! I would guess turn most electrical draw off 1st, then plug in, & slowly turn on what you need minimum to start.
That’s not the right adapter unless you have the removable power cord with locking plug and put this adapter right at the trailer attachment and want to run a lighter extension cord to generator 15A outlet. If one is looking to adapt to the end of the fixed or removable cord you need a TT-30R end like you linked in your first post above.

We are also assuming the OP has a 15A receptacle on the generator they want to use. If wanting to use a 30A outlet on gen then the adapter is typically the TT-30R on cord to an L5-30 locking type on gen. At least is is on the Honda’s.
https://www.amazon.com/Honda-L530P-R.../dp/B00864S2CU
Old 04-09-2023, 01:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
That’s not the right adapter unless you have the removable power cord with locking plug and put this adapter right at the trailer attachment and want to run a lighter extension cord to generator 15A outlet. If one is looking to adapt to the end of the fixed or removable cord you need a TT-30R end like you linked in your first post above.

We are also assuming the OP has a 15A receptacle on the generator they want to use. If wanting to use a 30A outlet on gen then the adapter is typically the TT-30R on cord to an L5-30 locking type on gen. At least is is on the Honda’s.
https://www.amazon.com/Honda-L530P-R.../dp/B00864S2CU

Thanks for finding this, as that is what I'll need to get for my "new" E19. So, As I said, have check the ends! (that was more to show, there is a "stubby look", not as many). I didn't look real hard for the right one. I have the removable 30 cord now. New E19 will have the attached. As, it seems to me where you might want a junction in the rain too, right? Attached, can then have yours (the "right", Stubby one) & should be able to cover just the generator & it's covered too in the rain, the rest of the cord is solid. A Dog bone leave a junction out in the rain. Now to think of some simple frame/tent to cover generator(yet let it breathe)..................
Old 04-09-2023, 08:39 PM   #6

Heads up for anyone using a Honda Gen. Well I went out & looked at my Honda Gen. I was right in the first place, first plug, at least for me. My Gen only has the normal household plugs(I bought it for the house). Not the big RV 30 amp looking one. Reading closer.........."Easily locks in a 30A twist lock on "equipped" Honda generators" So there ARE different plugs on different Honda Gen. Have to look at both "ends".