Snug as a Bug in a Rug! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I measured the trunk of this cedar and applied a formula for determining the age of Western Red Cedar ( I have no idea what type of cedar it is ). Anyway, it worked out to be 350 years old.
So, I think those rabbits you call Island deer would be hard pressed to injure the tree ( actually two of them ).
I live in fear of a heavy snowfall. We had one that brought down a branch about eight inches in diameter. Took out the power lines. The trailer is supposed to be our refuge, but not if a snow-laden branch falls on it.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Thanks Larry, by the way how did they ship the cover to you and were there any brokerage fees?

Doug
Old 10-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Thanks Larry, by the way how did they ship the cover to you and were there any brokerage fees?

Doug
Doug... Received via UPS... Only charge was a $US9.00 drop fee paid to CW because the cover was shipped directly from California by ADCO, the manufacturer of the cover.

Larry
Stargeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by David H View Post
I moved from AB to Parksville recently, and wondered how many of the owners on the Island use a full cover for their units during winter storage? I also purchased two Dri-Z-Air canisters for the unit during winter storage and am considering closing closing all vents/windows. I purchased my unit this year but owned various RV's in AB but did not cover them, and because of the low humidity didn't use products like Dri-Z-Air. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Hi David,

I've checked with a few RV & boat owners here (and since you are my next door neighbour), all are firm believers in dehumidifying and keeping windows & vents closed. In addition, covering or storing indoors is even better, but that depends on one's individual circumstances. Even the rain here is far from clean. During rain storms, the south easterly winds carry pollution from the Duke Point pulp mill nicely covering an area that includes North Nanaimo to the other side of Qualicum. Considering our investment, it seems to me that investing in a cover is the least one can do. It also appears that the cover we have may reduce the amount of moisture build up in the trailer as well.

In so far as cushions go, I highly recommend that you store yours inside. And gbaglo, solving your cushion problem is easy... just buy a bigger house

Larry
Stargeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #25

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Trailer has been outside for the last six years. Just use Simonize Wash and Wax several times a year.
Looks good.
I figure when it becomes oxidized I'll just join the thread over on FGRV about using floor wax to make it glossy again.
Have to admit that I'm inclined to worry about such things when they become evident. I don't have the storage box on the front, or bed-liner. I've got a few chips in the gel coat. When it gets to the point that it's obvious, I guess I'll do something about it.
What I'm suggesting is that I can spend several hundred dollars now, or several hundred dollars later ( assuming that it is still worth doing ).
Let's face it. I'm lazy and I don't want to spend the money.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 17B
Glen and Larry, thanks for the feedback, its appreciated. My only concern with the cover is the fretting on the fiberglass surfaces, and trim pieces in particular at the corners caused by the wind possibly leaving wear marks, and maybe damaging the Jack antenna.
2019 KC the Beagle
David H is offline   Reply With Quote