Tapatalk | Forum mobile access - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2015, 11:13 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Were you logged in?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:33 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
When I go into the Escape page on Tapatalk, it lists all the recent discussions for me, the same as it does here. I have no clue what I might be doing different, but it seems to work okay for me.

I much prefer using the app for FGRV, as opposed to going in through Tapatalk, like you have to for the Escape forum. I lists are much better to find my way through.
I agree about preferring the app for FGRV, although I do not prefer the FGRV forum. Too many KIAs and antagonistic members, greater lack of civility in my opinion.

But I despise the Tapatalk app and by far prefer to use the full site mode on my cell phone, even if it does contain advertising. Every time I use Tapatalk, I end up reverting to the full site option.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:05 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I do not prefer the FGRV forum. Too many KIAs and antagonistic members, greater lack of civility in my opinion.
I agree, FGRV is a different world than this one. I've only recently started posting there. But so far, I've found that a little civility and kindness is usually reciprocated.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
The FGRV site offers much more diversity, from members with a much broader background. In the beginning it was more about rebuilding older FG trailers, than it was about buying new. On this site, bigger is better is the more prevalent attitude, and to be honest, you have people here spending WAY more money on average than members at the FGRV site. This Escape site is much more about buying new, and secondly about other options once you own it.

However, I find the FGRV site to be every bit as friendly as this site. There are tons of great folks there. There is also WAY less of beating technical details into the ground, and having to correct every mistake someone might inadvertently make (though something not totally absent).

This site has definitely lost a lot of its friendliness since the first couple years, though having met many of the members, I can honestly say that there are a horde of great folks that post here.

Bottom line..... They are both great sites, and wonderful resources.

And to keep this closer to being on topic.......If needed, any way you can (and like to) access this forum, whether on the PC, or using and app or the full site on a mobile device is a good thing. Of course, it could always be better, but you will never please anyone. Change IS going to happen, we have to accept and embrace it, or be left behind. Either that, or ask for your money back.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
I know I'm going to sound hopeless but I don't understand the advantage of tapatalk -- I got the App yesterday but haven't used it yet.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
I know I'm going to sound hopeless but I don't understand the advantage of tapatalk -- I got the App yesterday but haven't used it yet.
Ruth, the advantage is, that it is formatted for easier viewing and use for the forums using it. It is just a much simpler version of the full site used on a PC.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #27

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
If looking for a view of the forum formatted for small screens, check out this new feature:
New Mobile browsing option | Mobile skin
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote