2014 5.0TA bought used - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2023, 08:52 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlm2umac View Post
I appreciate all the responses! What size generator do you suggest?

As I said, many are getting by with the quiet Honda EU2200e(WITH an easy start for AC). I've heard say that model has been the standby for campers for years, & I never camped(with a Generator even), but heard it. It is what have for house, but will use it with my Houghton 9.5K.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 09:51 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
We have a Champion 1500 duel fuel which we have only run on propane. Mainly it's nice not to ever get gasoline on your hands, clothes, etc. and you don't have to carry a gas can. You also can get longer run times (bigger fuel tank). They are however downrated when operating on propane but the 1500 still operates our Dometic 1100 AC just fine. That said we haven't ever camped where it has been hot enough to need the AC so I have only run it for several hours here at home to test it.

We really bought it for backup power for our house, our power here is very reliable but you never know, and secondarily for backup power for our Escape. The Honda is I'm sure a better unit and more repairable but we don't anticipate running it much so we went with the less expensive Champion, and also for the duel fuel option.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 01:54 PM   #23

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
We have a Champion 1500 duel fuel .........

Champion 2500 dual fuel maybe?
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:37 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi, would you say the Houghton’s by RecPro is better than the Coleman Mach 10 that Escape uses in their rigs now? They are supposed to be quieter than the original one they put in years ago.
shlm2umac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:14 AM   #25

Trailer: 21
I would say yes. We had the dometic wind tunnel as I called it to a Houghton 9500. So nice to have a regular conversation with almost yelling at each ours. Love the fact that it doesn’t wake us up a times when it comes on and that is is controlled with the remote. Nice to e able to adjust it a night if need be without getting out of bed. It keeps our 21 at 74 degrees even down here in the Texas summers.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:03 AM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlm2umac View Post
Hi, would you say the Houghton’s by RecPro is better than the Coleman Mach 10 that Escape uses in their rigs now? They are supposed to be quieter than the original one they put in years ago.
Can't say much about the Houghton because we don't have one. We did have a Dometic in our Rpod and that thing was awful. Lot's of noise and drama for very little cooling. Our 5.0 has a Coleman with softstart and it is much better than the Dometic. We've only used it a couple of times but seems to do the job nicely and with much less noise. If the the Houghton is even quieter than the Coleman, than it is probably a very nice unit.
SageRpod is online now   Reply With Quote