21' Ordered Today! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #41

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We knew exactly what we were putting in the second hatch and have used those items for the exterior many times. In a 21', whatever you have stored under benches has to be accessed by going inside to the other end of the trailer including when there is rain, mud, sand. With a 19', those items are near the door.

Stephen, second hatch is at rear driver's side.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #42

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
21' Ordered Today!

In our 21 there isn't really that much storage room by the power supply and electrical panel under the DS seat. It is fairly easily to access by sliding the table back and lifting the lid to that compartment. I keep things I only use occasionally there. I don't regret not getting the hatch. Maybe it's more useful on a 5TA.

Bob K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:24 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
We got that hatch, and so far haven't used it. I want to partition the space so what we do put in there doesn't bump anything else. One of these days...
Old 08-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #44

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbito View Post
In our 21 there isn't really that much storage room by the power supply and electrical panel under the DS seat. It is fairly easily to access by sliding the table back and lifting the lid to that compartment. I keep things I only use occasionally there. I don't regret not getting the hatch. Maybe it's more useful on a 5TA.

Bob K
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya, all we have in there is a couple box fans, but the newer 21s don't have the furnace in that space like ours do, so a hatch might be useful.... hose and chocks, etc could go in there if you don't have a front box.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:08 PM   #45

One thing on these options that no one considers when asked is how much someone will use the trailer. Perhaps you are a young working family and you are going out for two weeks a year and a few weekends. Maybe you are retired and plan to be in the trailer a great deal.

If you don't use the trailer a lot, you can forego plenty of these options. You can also get many of them later, if wanted. (If American, however, keep in mind that it will likely cost you more to do at home due to the exchange rate.)

People who use the trailer a lot will notice these things, or lack of, much more.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #46
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Now under the bed in front I ordered the extra cabinet door and I will build a sliding shelf hopefully 2ft by 4ft or so ? the other will have place for shoes .There is so much storage in these Escape trailers compared to other FG trailers .
The usable doorway space under the 21 bed is a bit over 12 inches wide. You may choose to wall off the space between the doorway and the black tank to keep cargo from sliding into there if you're going for a really long drawer. I build them 36 inches long, which limits the depth of the bath side drawer to about 14 inches (see pics) before that drawer hits the long drawer in the side. Same doorway width.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0633.jpg   IMG_0635.jpg  

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Not sure why they say that, just so long as tires are not directional. I have always rotated vehicle, whether truck, passenger or tandem trailer in the first pattern shown here.

FirstJim, I always took you to be a multi-directional kind of guy!
So I guess we can use the spare as a regular tire, that they are all the same, or not?
Old 08-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #48

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
So I guess we can use the spare as a regular tire, that they are all the same, or not?
Yes, unlike most cars, they're all the same. Even if you have a spare on a steel wheel and the rest on alloy wheels, the wheels should match in size and offset so they are functionally interchangeable and can be intermixed in use.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:04 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Yes, unlike most cars, they're all the same. Even if you have a spare on a steel wheel and the rest on alloy wheels, the wheels should match in size and offset so they are functionally interchangeable and can be intermixed in use.
Thanks, Brian. Just wanted to make sure about that. Thought ours are all the same Carlisle radials.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #50

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
21 escape

We pick up ours in Goshen Indiana in Nov. We sold our Lil Snoozy in July. I can't believe all the inquiries . I went out to ETI in July and finished build sheet a few day before due . I think we got everything we need . Some additions I think I will add
1-inverter 1000-2000 watts
2-maybe a radio? we never play it so maybe don't need it?(wire in overhead cabinet
3-back up camera (we wired in with running light a 12 volt wire in dinette cabinet
4-probably buy or build a alum box up front but smaller so I can get full turning out of the 21 escape with a pull along every little inch counts .
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #51

Trailer: 21' Escape - Pickup July 11, 2017
Here’sa few things we updated:
Bathroom/Bedwall reinforcement
Counterextension on the reinforced wall by the bed
Removeshelf above bed
Toiletshut off
SecondTV set-up at dinette

Andhere’s a couple of questions:
  • Pros/Cons ofelectric awning? Can you tilt it forrain run-off? Would love to see a pic ofmanual awning on the 2017 model (any size) to see what it looks like with thenew mold which makes space for the electric awning. Leary of that electric awning – seems lessreliable than manual.
  • Escape tells usthey can’t move the furnace from drawer stack to under dinette. Any idea why they can’t do that? Not enough room there perhaps?
  • Hasanyone added a curtain in the 21’ to screen the bed when the door isopened?
Calbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #52

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I was under the assumption that a manual awning was in the works, that auto power model has the ability to be manually retracted if need be. The furnace was moved from the dinette due to the newer furnace model's space requirements. My 21 had a curtain but it has been deleted from the new model because of the new door style does not allow the curtain space for mounting..
Old 08-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbal View Post
Escape tells us they can’t move the furnace from drawer stack to under dinette. Any idea why they can’t do that? Not enough room there perhaps?
The furnace was under the street side dinette seat in the 21', until the furnace manufacturer (Atwood) discontinued the model that Escape was using, and it was replaced by one with different dimensions. That was with the up-to-2016 body style; I wouldn't be surprised if the new model would fit now with the vertical walls, but either it won't, or the person at Escape providing this information is not aware of the consequence of the body shape change, or there is some other reason that the furnace can't go back under the dinette seat.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:01 PM   #54

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
or there is some other reason that the furnace can't go back under the dinette seat.
Hot feet?
Old 08-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #55

Quote:
.. or there is some other reason that the furnace can't go back under the dinette seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Hot feet?
Hmm... they wouldn't be any hotter than the were with the old furnace.

Just to be thorough, before the dinette location the furnace of a 21' was under the bed, and there's no reason it wouldn't fit there again - but that doesn't mean that it's a good idea or that Escape would be willing to do it (one would need to ask).

Although the current location (in the central cabinet with the drawers) takes more valuable storage space than the dinette location, I think it's a better place for an unducted furnace... but the question wasn't about a furnace location for me.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #56

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Since I use the trailer in mostly cooler weather, I think the location of the furnace below the drawers works very well. You get the heat to the shower and bed area a lot sooner without having to over heat the whole trailer. No complaints on that one. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #57

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I agree, in BlackJack the furnace was under the dinette and took awhile to heat the bed area, another reason I installed supplemental electric heat under the bed.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:54 PM   #58

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Brian said it well. We can't compare like Jim, but the central location of the drawer stack is a great location to get heat into the bathroom and not blow out the bed or the dinette. We really like It.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote