5.0 almost ready for pick up - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2022, 02:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0 escape
5.0 almost ready for pick up

Hello!

We are so excited! Our 5.0 is almost ready. We have never had a fifth wheel or a trailer with a bath. We are seeking any tips must have tools? Longer hoses? Storage tips for tank hoses. Recommended chocks? do we need a tripod? or a fifth wheel lock? We are planning on boondocking a lot and leaving the fifth wheel in place and going hiking.

Also what size sheets and comforter do we need for the bed in the 5.0?

Thank you so much for you patience and assistance to us novices.

Also will there be a fiberglass escape gathering in Quartzite this year? If so looking forward to meeting lots of you there.

Mary & Ted
tedtucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 02:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
We did get a fifth wheel lock, a Fort Knox lock with the high end puck. We got x-chocks, and usually only use one. I’d recommend you get some blocks, we have a set of orange plastic blocks, and I also made some redwood ones out of a 2x8.

Make sure you get a sewage hose, we had ordered one, but didn’t get it, so we had to order from Amazon

If you’re a camper, bring some of your cookware when you pick it up.

I don’t think a tripod is a good investment for a 5.0. And we’ve never needed longer hoses or wires than come with it on the 6 or so trips we’ve taken since we picked up ours in April.

It exciting to pick it up, and you might find a thing or two that you can’t make work at first, so relax and go through the owners guide, the videos, and post here on the forum!

Edit: queen size bed and sheets
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 03:33 PM   #3

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
You'll get a lot of suggestions here, but the one item that probably won't be suggested is a 5' Camco Rhinoflex sewer hose to use at the sewer dump. It sure beats trying to manhandle a 10-20' hose at the dump! In nearly 4 years and 500 nights we've yet to need longer than 5' at a dump, but if so we'll just manhandle that 15' hose for the rare times needed.

Plus buy a 15' Camco Rhino hose with a 90 degree elbow to make 20 feet when you need more lenght at a full hookup site. Both hoses will fit in your sewer tube at the same time.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 09-10-2022, 04:06 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Butler View Post
You'll get a lot of suggestions here, but the one item that probably won't be suggested is a 5' Camco Rhinoflex sewer hose to use at the sewer dump. It sure beats trying to manhandle a 10-20' hose at the dump! In nearly 4 years and 500 nights we've yet to need longer than 5' at a dump, but if so we'll just manhandle that 15' hose for the rare times needed.

Plus buy a 15' Camco Rhino hose with a 90 degree elbow to make 20 feet when you need more lenght at a full hookup site. Both hoses will fit in your sewer tube at the same time.

Enjoy,

Perry
Those items are the ones I use and I'm pleased with their performance....
Old 09-10-2022, 04:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 E19
Bring a 1/2" drive torque wrench w/ a 13/16th deep socket to pickup for re-torquing lug nuts on your travels. Add a 1/2"drive 24" breaker bar and a 1 1/16 socket for removing, reinstalling the anode. And bring a 3"deep 9" x 12" lidded plastic container for all your paperwork. Keeping all that paper together will make it easier to chase any gremlins as they occur.
wackyburggeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 05:27 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA The Glass Inn
The best thing to bring is an open mind and a good attitude. Everything else will fall in place. Have a great time.
rmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 08:06 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Ditto for the Ft Knox lock, I just got mine! I also do a lot of remote boondocking and now I feel much more secure leaving it. It ain't cheap, but as it says on their website, "The most expensive lock you can buy is one that doesn't protect your trailer."
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20220827_190346420.jpg  
Old 09-11-2022, 09:17 AM   #8

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtucci View Post
Hello!

We are so excited! Our 5.0 is almost ready. We have never had a fifth wheel or a trailer with a bath. We are seeking any tips must have tools? Longer hoses? Storage tips for tank hoses. Recommended chocks? do we need a tripod? or a fifth wheel lock? We are planning on boondocking a lot and leaving the fifth wheel in place and going hiking.

Also what size sheets and comforter do we need for the bed in the 5.0?

Thank you so much for you patience and assistance to us novices.

Also will there be a fiberglass escape gathering in Quartzite this year? If so looking forward to meeting lots of you there.

Mary & Ted
If you have a Andersen hitch-step one is make sure you’re ready to attach the adapter.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:06 AM   #9

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Congrats! It's very exciting. Had ours delivered to CA in May of 2022. Love it.
As others have stated, the Ft. Knox lock is great. We do quite a bit of boondocking and leave the trailer in remote areas of WA and B.C. while we go hiking/biking. Also love the X-chocks. Do not have a tri-pod and don't feel we need it. Composting toilet, full solar, Honda E2200 with propane conversion for when it gets really hot, and extra 30 gal fresh tank in the truck bed. If going on extended trips or full timing, Adventures in Nomadness has amazing youtube videos on just about everything and truly helped us a lot!
Biggest thing we can provide you with we feel is being prepared for the potential off-gassing. We were not but got lucky. We originally planned to pick it up in Chilliwack and start boondocking in B.C. right off the bat. Glad we had it delivered because it took about 7 days of open windows and Maxx Fan running all day to get it to where we could stand to be inside. It was intense, and neither of us are that sensitive to chemicals. I honestly think we would have needed to park it and get a hotel. I'm sure others will state they did not have this issue; just stating what we experienced.
We have loved living in it full time since I retired this year and started our 2 year trip. We have already travelled the entire west coast from San Diego to B.C. and the trailer has done exceptionally well. Enjoy!
KLBM in SD is offline   Reply With Quote