Another lurker just ordered a 21 today ! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-12-2015, 06:10 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21
Another lurker just ordered a 21 today !

Hi, my name is Craig and I've just ordered a new Escape 21 today. This will be my 4th RV and currently own a Casita SD. After two "stick built" RVs the Casita convinced me that full molded fiberglass is the only way to go.
crennpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #2

Trailer: not yet
Congrats!

Did you get a chance to see a 21 in person, or are you just going off of the ETI website brochere?
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
A hearty CONGRATULATIONS! You chose wisely.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:38 PM   #4

Leonard, I have never been inside a 21, but I saw a 19 last month up close and loved it. Figured I love the 21 even more.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:29 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Good for you, Craig! You have some rallies near you where you can see a 21'. That will help you a lot on your build sheet.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
The 21 is wider than the 19; after your Casita (we had a 17LD) you will be amazed at the difference it makes. Two people can actually pass each other in the aisle and you will be hard pressed to fill up all the storage space you will have. Congrats on a fine choice and welcome aboard!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Since you have a Casita, I'm sure you know about Bluebonnet coming up next month. If you go, you'll also meet Reace & Tammy since they're going to it.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Craig, we had to drive up to Chilliwack and compare all of the trailers to make up our minds. I think you will be very happy with your choice. Congratulations and welcome to the forum. You learn something new here every day. Especially me since i am not a seasoned camper like you are. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:43 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 19'
Welcome

Another new family member!!!! Welcome aboard. You will find anything you need for information here on the forum or from Tammy and Reece. We all look forward to meeting you at a rally once you have your trailer, or beforehand if you can join us!!!
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:16 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Welcome Craig. We are right up the road from you in Coldspring on Lake Livingston. We are picking up our 19 in August.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:24 AM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Congratulations and welcome Craig! We also have a 21 on order after having seen only a 19. I'm still hoping to see a 21 before we pick ours up probably next spring some time so we have lots of time though. The 21 seems to be especially popular lately!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:08 AM   #12

Well thanks to all for rolling out the welcome mat for me. Donna D, I've also been lurking on the Casita forum for some time now. I typically don't post much, but that site has been an invaluable problem solving/informational resource for me and my Casita, and I've seen many of your posts there. JStelly, I'm very familiar with Coldspring as Double Lake Recreation Area is one of my favorite go to spots for weekend camping trips. I may be getting up there in age (65), but I'm still an avid mountain biker and the trials at DLRA are fast and fun ! As for the Blue Bonnet rally I've been thinking about going to that for some time but it's beginning to look that a biking trip with some friends will likely conflict with it. I really do need to nail down a firm date with those guys soon and find out for sure.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 escape 21
We get ours a week from Monday (Escape21)... We are sooo excited. We've had a Casita and a stick built... Loved the Casita and that experience helped us do the build sheet on the 21... It's been fun buying the new kitchen stuff and towels, etc to match our Formica customization... Factory tour in the morning and then shoot across wash to boise for a music festival and then back to Cali. I'm pulling it with an 05 Ram 2500 with diesel. I hope it's big enough to pull the 21!!
covey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:30 PM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Covey, would love to hear your trip report/towing in the RAM thread.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:26 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 21ft Escape
Hey Craig,

We live in Houston and have had our 21 for a year. We also still have a 17ft Casita. We have shown our 21ft. a lot this past year.You will love the room. We also bike, mostly road, but have Mtn. bikes also. We will be at the Bluebonnet rally also from the 18th to the 26th. We keep our 21 in a storage unit, but if you have any questions give us a yell. Welcome!

Robbie
trailseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #16

Covey, good luck to you this week as I bet it's going to be very difficult to sleep! LOL As my scheduled completion date for the '21' isn't until December I've got lots of time to ponder what to do with the counter tops, floor and upholstery. Were you pulling your Casita with your Ram diesel too? I bet you needed to keep looking in the mirror to remind yourself that you pulling something.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailseeker View Post
Hey Craig,

We live in Houston and have had our 21 for a year. We also still have a 17ft Casita. We have shown our 21ft. a lot this past year.You will love the room. We also bike, mostly road, but have Mtn. bikes also. We will be at the Bluebonnet rally also from the 18th to the 26th. We keep our 21 in a storage unit, but if you have any questions give us a yell. Welcome!

Robbie

Robbie, I started out many years ago riding/racing road bikes but that was before cell phones and texting were invented and road rage at cyclists was so prevalent. I've had so many close calls with cars that I figured I'd better direct most of my cycling to offroad or the law of averages was going to catch up with me. I still occasionally ride road but it's now typically in a large group when I do.

I live up near the 1960/Champions area and if you ever have your 21 out somewhere convenient to yourselves I'd sure love to see it. I'm trying to decide if I need to go with the standard Dometic Penguin II AC or install a Coleman myself. I had the Penguin I in one of my earlier stick builts and I couldn't hear myself think when it ran. The noise level of the Coleman in my Casita seems much more tolerable.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #18

Trailer: Shopping tv 2014 Nissan Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by crennpage View Post
Robbie, I started out many years ago riding/racing road bikes but that was before cell phones and texting were invented and road rage at cyclists was so prevalent. I've had so many close calls with cars that I figured I'd better direct most of my cycling to offroad or the law of averages was going to catch up with me. I still occasionally ride road but it's now typically in a large group when I do.

I live up near the 1960/Champions area and if you ever have your 21 out somewhere convenient to yourselves I'd sure love to see it. I'm trying to decide if I need to go with the standard Dometic Penguin II AC or install a Coleman myself. I had the Penguin I in one of my earlier stick builts and I couldn't hear myself think when it ran. The noise level of the Coleman in my Casita seems much more tolerable.
I quit riding my bike for that very reason I would be out and it would feel as if cars were trying to hit you. Very scary
mk1549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:20 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 21ft Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by crennpage View Post

Yeah, we ride out of Houston, Hempstead, Columbus,Sealy Etc. People are sometimes crazy in the cars, but for the most part we get on the back roads and do o.k.

The AC is loud we discovered. So you might want to think about the Coleman option. The furnace however is nice and quiet!

We are by the energy corridor in west Houston. If you ever want to check out the 21 we could meet up at our storage unit. Also we may take off for a middle of the week road trip close and if we do we will let you know. It would be some state park close to Houston. We will also be at bluebonnet rally. Are you selling the Casita?? We have friends looking to buy in 2 to 3 months.

Robbie
trailseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:49 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailseeker View Post
Yeah, we ride out of Houston, Hempstead, Columbus,Sealy Etc. People are sometimes crazy in the cars, but for the most part we get on the back roads and do o.k.

The AC is loud we discovered. So you might want to think about the Coleman option. The furnace however is nice and quiet!

We are by the energy corridor in west Houston. If you ever want to check out the 21 we could meet up at our storage unit. Also we may take off for a middle of the week road trip close and if we do we will let you know. It would be some state park close to Houston. We will also be at bluebonnet rally. Are you selling the Casita?? We have friends looking to buy in 2 to 3 months.

Robbie

Thanks Robbie, let me know if/when you are taking off for a local SP and I'll try to meet you for a look see at your 21. I'm at Double Lake today up by Coldspring (doing some trail maintenance than riding later) but going home tomorrow.

Do you think that the 21's AC is noticeably louder than your Casita's?

I'll be selling my Casita but only after I've picked up my 21 and have it all decked out to my satisfaction. The 21 isn't scheduled to be completed until early December so I'm probably not a solution for your friends timetable.