Another Tennessee Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2015, 07:17 AM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Smile Another Tennessee Escape

This is not our first post, but we thought that it was time we posted in the new member section since we are now officially owners to be. We ordered our new 2016 Escape 17B yesterday, and are looking forward to our build date of August 3, 2016. We are now looking at the options list, and also the color scheme for our graphics. We had no idea that they offered so many varied colors, so picking that should be fun. Our initial thought was to make the drive up to get our trailer when it's complete, but I think the reality of that drive has now hit (would be around 5000 mile round trip), so while we are still open to that, we are also going to look at the delivery option. As with most major purchases, I had my "oh crap, what have we just done" moment in the middle of last night, but now it's all good. We are so excited to begin this journey.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:38 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
Congratulations! The wait is long but I think it will be worth it. I know what you mean about the journey but I wanted to see the Pacific Northwest so we are doing it anyway. We leave September 30 for a 31 day trip. About 6000 miles because we are coming home a more southern route. Afraid of the possibility of bad weather end of October. Have fun making your selections. We just signed our build sheet. 69 days until our pick up date, but who's counting.
Caren
LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:27 AM   #3

Yes, if we could make it a nice leisurely trip like that, then we would definitely go pick it up. But we aren't retired yet, and neither of our employers would go for that.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:42 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Congratulations Greg and Teresa! You will find this Forum to be incredibly supportive and helpful. I couldn't have finished my Build Sheet (which I signed yesterday!!!!!!!) without it.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:13 AM   #5

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Congratulations Greg and Tersa! You couldn't have found a better place to be!
As EDarby said above, the forum members are the best people! Helpful supportive and knowledgeable! And most willing to share experiences.
We pick up our 5.0 TA on Sept 8th and will take a leisurely meandering route home to NH.
Ellen... See you on the way out! We leave in 30 days for our cross country trip! And yes... We are counting.... Doesn't everyone!!
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
This is not our first post, but we thought that it was time we posted in the new member section since we are now officially owners to be. We ordered our new 2016 Escape 17B yesterday, and are looking forward to our build date of August 3, 2016. We are now looking at the options list, and also the color scheme for our graphics. We had no idea that they offered so many varied colors, so picking that should be fun. Our initial thought was to make the drive up to get our trailer when it's complete, but I think the reality of that drive has now hit (would be around 5000 mile round trip), so while we are still open to that, we are also going to look at the delivery option. As with most major purchases, I had my "oh crap, what have we just done" moment in the middle of last night, but now it's all good. We are so excited to begin this journey.
Good choice, you two! You have lots of time to say if you want delivery and then you can wait for another party or two on your truck.

Caren, good for you also! That will be a wonderful big trip home.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:49 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Another Tennessee Escape

Greg and Teresa, congrats on your purchase.

Our trip to pickup was 2300 miles one way. Because we took the more scenic byways and different routes on the way home, the total trip distance was about 6000 miles. In retrospect, the distance wasn't a problem when compared to the amazing journey we had, and the memories that will last the rest of our lives. I say, just go for it.

Besides, there's nothing like picking it up at the factory, chatting with Reace, Tammy and their great staff, picking up a few ETI and Canadian souvenirs, and admiring the amazing BC scenery.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:43 PM   #8

Those are some really great points. I would love to see the factory and meet the folks there. We may just have to do that.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:50 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Quote:
Those are some really great points. I would love to see the factory and meet the folks there. We may just have to do that.
Greg and Teresa,
We are owners of a 21 in the Chattanooga area.
We've made three roundtrips to Chilliwack--one after we ordered--to attend the annual owners' rally in June 2014, one to pick it up in November 2014, and this past May/June for the owners' rally again. All three were the year I retired, so that helped. I encourage anyone who can get away, to make the trip.

If you Google eggcampingclub you'll find the TN/AL/GA group that has local rallies to attend. We're going to the one in Cherokee NC this October, and the one in Townsend, TN in April 2016.
Last year there were a dozen or so Escapes in Townsend, and seeing those would help you finalize your build sheet in time for August.

Bill
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:08 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Congrats Y'all and it's great to have another Tennessee Escape! Hopefully you can make some trips with the club next year. It's a great group.

If there is anything we can help with drop us a note.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:44 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hhhmmm,
You may need to change next years Townsend Rally name to "Escapes in Tennessee" rally.....I recall close to a dozen this past year.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Hhhmmm,
You may need to change next years Townsend Rally name to "Escapes in Tennessee" rally.....I recall close to a dozen this past year.
I know. Serveral of us were down in Georgia a few weeks ago and some of the Casita folks were joking about just that.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:41 AM   #13

Thanks Bill and Earline, and Tom and Cheryl for the warm welcome. I'll defintely check out the eggcampers group. I wanted to go to the rally in NC in october, but we will be camping that week on Cumberland Island GA. But we definitely plan on being at Townsend next year. We have also been invited to a rally in Dover TN the first weekend of October this year at Piney Lake campground, from what I understand there will be some Escapes there to take a look at. It sounds like we are joining a great group of folks.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Lucy: Can't wait to meet you!
No, I'm not counting.
Um, er, well ok . . . 75 days to pickup!
68 days to departure from Cleveland
2532 miles to Chilliwack
And about a month until I meet you guys.
Nope, not counting.

"Ellen... See you on the way out! We leave in 30 days for our cross country trip! And yes... We are counting.... Doesn't everyone!!"
Old 08-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Thanks Bill and Earline, and Tom and Cheryl for the warm welcome. I'll defintely check out the eggcampers group. I wanted to go to the rally in NC in october, but we will be camping that week on Cumberland Island GA. But we definitely plan on being at Townsend next year. We have also been invited to a rally in Dover TN the first weekend of October this year at Piney Lake campground, from what I understand there will be some Escapes there to take a look at. It sounds like we are joining a great group of folks.

We will be down your way at Davy Crockett SP Aug 21-23.
The Egg Camping Club of Georgia, Tennessee, & Alabama Forums
Old 08-02-2015, 01:40 PM   #16

DAvey Crockett is only about an hour from us. If we drove down that saturday morning do you think we could look at some of the campers?
Old 08-02-2015, 04:40 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 19' Escape "On the Lam"
Hi Greg and Teresa! You'll love your Escape and there is so much help available, offered by some fine folks, on this forum. We just picked our 19 up in late May, attended the rally in Osoyoos and made the round of some incredible Nat. Parks while out West. We are retired in north Georgia but the trip meant so much to us and the trailer was a joy on her maiden voyage.

We are also (previous Casita) Egg Camping Club members and this is a great bunch of people. You will be welcomed with open arms and as Earline/Bill and Tom said, there are a number of Escape trailers with owners ready to help.

Looking forward to meeting y'all and until then--enjoy the process!
Peace,
Gae and Ike
oldclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #18

Thanks Gae and Ike, sounds to me like we will be driving down to the rally then. Looking forward to seeing some of the trailers.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #19

Quote:
DAvey Crockett is only about an hour from us. If we drove down that saturday morning do you think we could look at some of the campers?
Yelp, come on down. I'm not sure if any of the other Escapes will be coming but you are welcome to look at ours. The Casitas and Scamps will also be glad to give you a tour.

This is not really a Rally but just one of our weekend camping trips we put together. We never really know how many will show up. Sometimes 5-6, sometimes 26...
Old 08-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #20

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
Congratulations Greg and Teresa. Our TN Escape group is growing.