Anxiously Awaiting 21C in Northeast Connecticut - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Smile Anxiously Awaiting 21C in Northeast Connecticut

My wife has been retired for 3 years and I will join her in that status as of 7/1/22. In anticipation of that date, over the past few years we have looked at and spoken to many owners of Class A, B and C's as well as travel trailers as we analyzed and scrutinized what would best fit our lifestyle and budget. We had a 27' Forest River trailer at a permanent site years ago but found that even with proper maintenance the build quality didn't stand the test of time. This time around we will be traveling North America and want the flexibility of mixing sites with water and electric as well as boondocking when it makes sense.

This past October we visited friends in AZ who had a 19' Casita and they loved it. I must say, we were intrigued and hadn't know much about or considered a fiberglass trailer. However, preferring not to be climbing over each other in the middle of the night, we expanded our fiberglass search beyond Casita and decided that for our needs and budget, the Escape 21C hit sweet spot. We were excited to put a deposit down on Nov 4th 2021 with a completion date of July 17th 2023...yikes!

We have recently received the email asking if we would be interested in a possible earlier completion date and we quickly replied "yes". No updates as of yet as to when that may be, but we are stepping up our researching and test driving tow vehicles, getting flooring, formica, decal samples and looking over the many fabric possibilities in anticipation. This forum has been a terrific resource for us newbies as we wring our hands trying to make the best choices for the long run. Can't wait...but wait we must!
Wanderer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Todd,
Another Escape owner on this side of the Mississippi....I remember when there was only a handful of us, now we are multiplying. If you get the chance to drive out to Chilliwack, it is a beautiful drive. The annual Escape Rally held in May in Osoyoos, BC is also worth the drive.
Old 12-26-2021, 03:14 PM   #3

Thanks Jim! Will be in Chilliwack this August after visiting our son and family in Seattle.

Todd
Old 12-26-2021, 03:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer33 View Post
Thanks Jim! Will be in Chilliwack this August after visiting our son and family in Seattle.

Todd
This is good, that way they can see their new bed for their use when they come east to visit you.....
Old 12-26-2021, 03:58 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
we will be traveling North America and want the flexibility of mixing sites with water and electric as well as boondocking when it makes sense.

the Escape 21C hit sweet spot.

We have recently received the email asking if we would be interested in a possible earlier completion date and we quickly replied "yes".
Pretty much describes our travels except maybe more heavy on the boondocking when possible.

Congratulations on your choice. The 21C hit our sweet spot also after a truck camper, a Scamp and a 19.

For those that can fit in a sooner date I think that's the way to go. We live in an uncertain world right now and personally the sooner that I could get my hot little hands on the trailer the better it would be.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 04:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC; [I
We live in an uncertain world right now and personally the sooner that I could get my hot little hands on the trailer the better it would be.

I'll drink to that.....
Old 12-27-2021, 09:19 AM   #7

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
FYI

Quote:

This past October we visited friends in AZ who had a 19' Casita and they loved it.
Last I knew, the Casita's were 17 feet in size, not 19'. Your 21'er will be substantially more spacious than the Casita. I had a 16' Casita for a decade. It had everything....but room....especially when a 100 LB golden retriever was inside.
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 09:34 AM   #8

Yes, you are correct, the Casita was a 17. TY
Old 12-27-2021, 10:15 AM   #9

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Wanderer 33 welcome to the forum. We’ve had a 21 Escape since 2016 and it has served us well. I see that you are in the Storrs/ Mansfield area. I grew up in Union CT., Went to high school at E.O.Smith. We have lived in central N.Y. For the past 43 years. You’ll enjoy your Escape. What will you pull her with?
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote