Any 19’ers with u-shaped dinettes near Houston? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2019, 06:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Any 19’ers with u-shaped dinettes near Houston?

Greetings,
My wife and I are determining options for an Escape 19, and would like to see one with a u-shaped dinette. We’ve read numerous posts on this topic and we are ready to see one in person. Thought I’d reach out in this forum to see if there are any 19 owners in Houston that would be willing to show us your u-shaped configuration and share your experience with it. Thanks, and please let me know.
bk
Retired2lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired2lake View Post
Greetings,
My wife and I are determining options for an Escape 19, and would like to see one with a u-shaped dinette. We’ve read numerous posts on this topic and we are ready to see one in person. Thought I’d reach out in this forum to see if there are any 19 owners in Houston that would be willing to show us your u-shaped configuration and share your experience with it. Thanks, and please let me know.
bk
Call Escape and they can provide you with name or names near you . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Rbryant4 has an Escape 19 with a ushaped dinette, I believe it’s a 2015 or 2016. He lives in San Antonio, Texas. I don’t know if that’s close to you.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:52 PM   #4

Thanks for your reply. The owner contact that ETI provided did not return my call. I contacted several local owners on my own after finding them on the owners map. They were great and very informative, but did not have the u-shaped dinette. Thought I’d throw it out to the Escape community...
Old 01-27-2019, 09:29 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired2lake View Post
Thanks for your reply. The owner contact that ETI provided did not return my call. I contacted several local owners on my own after finding them on the owners map. They were great and very informative, but did not have the u-shaped dinette. Thought I’d throw it out to the Escape community...
Sorry they didn't reply . That used to be way to get to see what you were skiing for . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA Tundra 1794 2017
We have a U shaped dinnett. A 2018 5.0 TA not a 19er..... in Spring TX.... Be glad to show her if that would help.

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time" JT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlAD-b7yew
Honair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:37 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
Rbryant4 has an Escape 19 with a ushaped dinette, I believe it’s a 2015 or 2016. He lives in San Antonio, Texas. I don’t know if that’s close to you.
We do have the U-shape. But, we are now in Canyon Lake, about 40 miles north of San Antonio.

I'm always happy to show our trailer, but if you want some advice on the U-shaped dinette in a 19, here goes nothing: we have it, but would probably not get it again. The 19 is just a bit too small to take advantage of the U-shaped dinette imho. In a 21 or a 5.0TA, we would definitely have the U-shape.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:42 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I have to agree with the last poster that there is not that much room in a 19 for a U shape dinette.

However I have made my own which is much more flexible but provides the same lounging and look at first glance. You can find details in post 132 http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...-12918-14.html

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:36 AM   #9

Trailer: 2023 21
I guess this is a case of YMMV. I have the U-shaped dinette in conjunction with a Lagun table, and am very happy with it. If I ordered another 19, I would get it exactly the same.
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:44 AM   #10

Thanks for your replies and sharing your thoughts and experience. I realize personal preference plays big in people’s responses, and I enjoy reading all perspectives.