Deposit on 21C - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-04-2021, 06:16 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
DK in AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Trailer: 2022 21C
Posts: 15
Deposit on 21C

Well after months of reading this forum and the FB pages I put a deposit down on an Escape 21C. Since my completion date is currently Jan. 9, 2023 I have plenty of time to figure out options and what mods I'd like to do myself. I'm very impressed with the knowledge and skills of so many on this forum.

I live in Alaska but will probably keep the trailer in the "lower 48" most of the time since I'll be snow birding in the winter. I'm hoping to visit some Escape trailers while I'm traveling this coming winter in my current trailer. Maybe a visit to the factory too.

It's going to be a long wait, but well worth it !
Dave
DK in AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 06:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
sofmerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: St Augustine, Florida
Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Posts: 923
welcome and best of luck! Absorb the info and apply to your situation and trailer.
__________________
2022 5.0TA . F150 4 wheel drive, EB 3.5 Andersen ultimate hitch. Trailer delivered 4/22. Jack
sofmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:04 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Livermore, California
Trailer: 2023 Escape 17b (deposit)
Posts: 8
Congrats! My build finish is scheduled for 1/26/23, so we'll just miss each other. This'll be my first trailer (though my wife grew up with a popup trailer) and I can't contain myself. I've been dreaming of retiring and touring around the country for the last few years, and it's soooo close I can almost taste it.
Slipshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:41 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
WillyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Posts: 1,368
Our 21C is scheduled for Oct. 2022.

Can't wait!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:43 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
diannelgraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Snohomish, Washington
Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK in AK View Post
Well after months of reading this forum and the FB pages I put a deposit down on an Escape 21C. Since my completion date is currently Jan. 9, 2023 I have plenty of time to figure out options and what mods I'd like to do myself. I'm very impressed with the knowledge and skills of so many on this forum.

I live in Alaska but will probably keep the trailer in the "lower 48" most of the time since I'll be snow birding in the winter. I'm hoping to visit some Escape trailers while I'm traveling this coming winter in my current trailer. Maybe a visit to the factory too.

It's going to be a long wait, but well worth it !
Dave
Congrats! I just sold my 2017 19 in July and I pick up my 21C 12/02/21
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bowen Island, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
Congrats! I just sold my 2017 19 in July and I pick up my 21C 12/02/21
Hi there, just wondering about the top reason you are moving up to the 21C. I am so close to making a deposit on a 19 and with you being solo, wondering if my wife & I would be better off going directly to a 21C. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel as a tow vehicle and had no problems towing the various rentals of RVezy we had. Thanks .
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:37 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
diannelgraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Snohomish, Washington
Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinVan View Post
Hi there, just wondering about the top reason you are moving up to the 21C. I am so close to making a deposit on a 19 and with you being solo, wondering if my wife & I would be better off going directly to a 21C. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel as a tow vehicle and had no problems towing the various rentals of RVezy we had. Thanks .
The two main reasonsÖ
Living area at the back of the trailer versus the front like on the 19 or 21NE, I know what my truck looks like.
Huge kitchen counter space, 19 is very small between the sink and the stove. If you upgrade to a larger sink itís even smaller.

I loved my 19 but I also like to cook and I use my oven all the time. Also a lot more storage space in the 21 versus the 19
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:42 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bowen Island, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
The two main reasons…
Living area at the back of the trailer versus the front like on the 19 or 21NE, I know what my truck looks like.
Huge kitchen counter space, 19 is very small between the sink and the stove. If you upgrade to a larger sink it’s even smaller.

I loved my 19 but I also like to cook and I use my oven all the time. Also a lot more storage space in the 21 versus the 19

Makes sense, looks like a couple more discussions. We plan to out to Chilliwack to make the actual deposit so we'll make a final decision then. Pretty sure the extra 2 feet won't are much difference in handling and parking.

Really appreciate it, Thanks.
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 06:41 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,268
I have done this too many times, E19, then E21, then E19, then E21, now planning on guess what, E19 again......the nice thing about Escapes, you can use them for awhile and then sell them for just about your purchase price, it's that darned sales taxes/registration fees that are lost.
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:03 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Ron in BC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 8,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinVan View Post
Makes sense, looks like a couple more discussions. We plan to out to Chilliwack to make the actual deposit so we'll make a final decision then. Pretty sure the extra 2 feet won't are much difference in handling and parking.

Really appreciate it, Thanks.
Like many, we went from the 19 to the 21. Actually we went out to ETI to put down our deposit on a 17. We were pretty sure after our Scamp 13 that it'd feel huge inside. We went out to the yard and looked in one and it was really nice and certainly felt huge compared to the Scamp. There was a 19 parked next to it and we thought "what the heck, might as well look in one before we go in and put our deposit on the 17 down." Then we went in and put a deposit down alright, but on the 19.

There are pros and cons to both layouts and lot depends on personal preferences. One specific item my wife likes, aside from more counterspace, is that the bathroom door doesn't open right into the area that a person working in the kitchen would be. Minor, but something she considers.

Aside from more room I do have to say that I've noticed the better view from the dinette. This summer especially because we were in lake front spots that had water views not only out the rear window but also the side.

I'd say either ones a winner and it might come done to the tow vehicle. If you have a tow vehicle that'll tow a 21, go for it. In the end that's what happened to us. The Ranger pulled the 19 "OK" but then we got the F150 and it towed the 19 like there's no tomorrow. At that point it just sort of evolved, if we have this great tow vehicle that could effortlessly tow a 21......

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:16 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bowen Island, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Like many, we went from the 19 to the 21. Actually we went out to ETI to put down our deposit on a 17. We were pretty sure after our Scamp 13 that it'd feel huge inside. We went out to the yard and looked in one and it was really nice and certainly felt huge compared to the Scamp. There was a 19 parked next to it and we thought "what the heck, might as well look in one before we go in and put our deposit on the 17 down." Then we went in and put a deposit down alright, but on the 19.

There are pros and cons to both layouts and lot depends on personal preferences. One specific item my wife likes, aside from more counterspace, is that the bathroom door doesn't open right into the area that a person working in the kitchen would be. Minor, but something she considers.

Aside from more room I do have to say that I've noticed the better view from the dinette. This summer especially because we were in lake front spots that had water views not only out the rear window but also the side.

I'd say either ones a winner and it might come done to the tow vehicle. If you have a tow vehicle that'll tow a 21, go for it. In the end that's what happened to us. The Ranger pulled the 19 "OK" but then we got the F150 and it towed the 19 like there's no tomorrow. At that point it just sort of evolved, if we have this great tow vehicle that could effortlessly tow a 21......

Ron
Thanks, seems quite a few people move up to the 21. It looks like you had the 19" for quite a few years. Other than the tow vehicle, do you notice any significant differences about getting into sites, driving around town, or other practical items with 21'. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 3L diesel so feel pretty confident. I am starting to lean towards the 21 while my wife doesn't always share my bigger is better ideas.
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 04:43 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Ron in BC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 8,782
Our Scamp 13 could fit into a non-RV tent site. But, yes, there is a tiny penalty for increasing the trailer size.

There's a huge variation in campsites. Some are small and even a Scamp might have a hard time getting into one. So, yes, there may be a few campsites somewhere that a 19 might just squeeze into but a 21 couldn't but that would be too rare a situation to consider.

Going into mall parking lots and Walmarts was a concern, especially after I added a 2' rear box. We can still pull into two spots and without having the front or rear sticking out into traffic. It's nice to still have the option to be able to do that.

Towing is towing. I doubt anyone could tell the difference between towing a 19 or a 21 unless their tug was marginal.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:23 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
YakRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Cold Spring, Kentucky
Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I'd say either ones a winner and it might come done to the tow vehicle. If you have a tow vehicle that'll tow a 21, go for it. In the end that's what happened to us. The Ranger pulled the 19 "OK" but then we got the F150 and it towed the 19 like there's no tomorrow. At that point it just sort of evolved, if we have this great tow vehicle that could effortlessly tow a 21......
What model year was the Ranger you towed your E19 with? Iím curious if it was the older platform that ended in 2012, or the newer one that returned beginning in 2019. With the towing specs of the newer version (7500lb max towing/750lb max hitch), I was hoping it could handle the E19 with ease as opposed to just OK. Thanks.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 09:51 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Ron in BC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 8,782
It was a 2011. Actually I waited for years for the new model Ranger to come out. Really wanted the diesel and more frustrating because I saw it in other parts of the world years before it was available here.

Even though it was becoming available here I decided to go with the F150. I call it my dream tow vehicle. I don't know if I'd be as happy or not with the new Ranger.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:17 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Delta, British Columbia
Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
Posts: 127
19 or 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinVan View Post
Thanks, seems quite a few people move up to the 21. It looks like you had the 19" for quite a few years. Other than the tow vehicle, do you notice any significant differences about getting into sites, driving around town, or other practical items with 21'. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 3L diesel so feel pretty confident. I am starting to lean towards the 21 while my wife doesn't always share my bigger is better ideas.
We have the 2017 Escape 21, TV Ford 150. No issues. Love the storage, kitchen counter and larger bathroom and the table in the back. Also plenty of room for two people to work in side together. The show room is great as you can go thru all of them . Good luck with your choice.
We are camping just north of you at Alice Lake Provincial Park. The sign claims it is full but over 20 sites with no one in them and it is 8:15 PM.
jkavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:11 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
YakRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Cold Spring, Kentucky
Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
It was a 2011. Actually I waited for years for the new model Ranger to come out. Really wanted the diesel and more frustrating because I saw it in other parts of the world years before it was available here.

Even though it was becoming available here I decided to go with the F150. I call it my dream tow vehicle. I don't know if I'd be as happy or not with the new Ranger.

Ron
Thanks, Ron. Yes, Fordís marketing decisions with the Ranger are aggravating. The ďnewĒ Ranger platform they began selling in the North America in 2019 had actually been sold across the globe 8 or 9 years earlier. Now, Iíve read that the next generation Ranger - which is to be a total revision of the platform - will be sold outside North America in 2022 first before being available here in mid 2023. I donít understand that.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 04:36 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Ron in BC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 8,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkavanagh View Post
W
We are camping just north of you at Alice Lake Provincial Park. The sign claims it is full but over 20 sites with no one in them and it is 8:15 PM.
We kept running into that situation this summer on 2 trips around BC and one to Vancouver Island. Also at Jasper, showed full but many, many empty campsites. Also at Long Beach, we arrived a day early, sign said full but they found us an empty site. When it comes to "full" signs, we don't believe them unless the answer in person is "no room".

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:12 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
MyronL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ..., New Mexico
Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Posts: 4,193
Of course if you got one of these there's usually room at a WalMart. Just don't put out a portable grill or any folding chairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Avion02.jpg  
__________________
Myron
"A billion here, a billion there...add it all up and before you know it you're talking real money." Everett Dirkson
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 09:48 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,268
That picture reminds me of the movie comedy with the "I Love Lucy" characters in it, called "The Long, Long Trailer"....https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047191/
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:04 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
diannelgraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Snohomish, Washington
Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Posts: 652
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That picture reminds me of the movie comedy with the "I Love Lucy" characters in it, called "The Long, Long Trailer"....https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047191/
Every time Iím towing downhill I think of that episode sometimes I still look to my right.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.