Escape 19 - floor plan drawing set developed - no annotations - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19
Escape 19 - floor plan drawing set developed - no annotations

RE: Escape 19 - floor plan drawing set developed - no annotations
Hello everyone,
I placed an order for an Escape 19 with a deliver date of late September. I’m a designer/drafter and developed a floor plan of the Escape 19 to better understand the layout and which features to incorporate into my new trailer. Attached is (1) multiple sheet drawing set saved in Adobe PDF format for printing on letter (8.5”x11”) sized sheets. The drawing set (Excape19-PlanLayout.pdf) has no annotations and may help others in developing a vision of their own trailer.
Hope this helps,
CaddMaximus
Caddmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Nothing attached....
Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Nothing attached....
Congratulations. You will be happy with your results.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Don't forget to upload in the "Go Advanced" mode; click on Manage Attachments and then be sure to click on "Upload."
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #5

drawings attachment - 2nd try

I'll try attaching the file again - hope it works this time.
NOTE: Attached drawing sets saved in Adobe PDFs format which should be okay
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Excape19-PlanLayout.pdf (77.8 KB, 288 views)
Old 06-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I would venture a guess that this is a more detailed drawing than Escape has.

I notice it has the rear dinette, and not the full time bed with storage though. Is this what you are planning for, Paul?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Very good. I wish I'd had a similar one (with annotations) when my 15A was in the build process as it would have saved me two trips up there to measure everything.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #8

Escape 19 – Annotated floor plan drawing set – my layout & features

RE: Escape 19 – Annotated floor plan drawing set – my layout & features
Hello everyone,
I'm new to learning the navigation of this forum but will be up to speed shortly. The attached file is where I'm at in my construction drawing which was developed using AutoCAD 2014 design/drafting software. Attached is (1) multiple sheet drawing set (Excape19FloorPlan20130612-REV01.pdf) that reflects my trailer with annotations documenting my desired layout and features.
Notable design items and questions:
1. A second swinging shelf located under the standard kitchen cabinet counter shelf to increase working surface area. Will a horizontally mounted receptacle fit between closed shelves as shown in Drawing Section # A-1.3?
2. Placing a self-contained solar powered vent in bathroom to create a negative pressure in bathroom to eliminate potential odor. Has anyone tried this and if so what model did you use?
3. Older Escape trailers had an opening/sliding window with closing awning on the front of the trailer which I understand is no longer done for code reasons. Has anyone ever seen or had an opening/sliding window with a closing awning in place of the back window?

If anyone has any advice or suggestions on the layout or features that could improve the functionality of my trailer, please share them.
Thanks,
CaddMaximus
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Excape19FloorPlan20130612-REV01.pdf (147.6 KB, 141 views)
Old 06-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #9

Trailer: 2001 Coleman Sun Valley
Nice job on the cad drawings of the Escape 19. It would be great if Escape offered the same level of detail on the floor plans for all of their models on their website.
Leo Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Wow, impressive set of CAD. Now, how about one for a 5.0? Just kidding (kinda), I'm betting Tammy and Reace would find value in these. Have you offered your PDF to them?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19'
Thanks for the CAD. I'm just in the development mode to order a 19B. This will be helpful. Thank you again!
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #12

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
CaddMaximus, nice job! ...a few comments...I don't think the solar power fan is needed because opening the wall window and the crank-open roof vent creates the circulation you are looking for...and the air conditioner in your drawing is actually forward a bit and the single solar panel is generally placed between the Maxi-Fan and the AC. The second panel normally would go in the back. I really wish I would have ordered the big refirgerator. I highly recommend it because it gives you a lot of freezer capacity for a long trip. ...and I didn't see the external shower in your plan. I haven't used it yet but plan to soon. We purchased a free standing, pop-up shower enclosure that will be set up next to the external shower location of the trailer and shower water will drain onto the ground. I have a spare bamboo platform for the bottom of the shower. Benefits for boondocking (assuming my long hoses can replenish water and they will in most locations); long hot showers outside draining onto the ground, not into the grey tank, dry bathroom and toilet. Thanks for the detailed plan.

Steve

hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
A couple of observations. The MaxxFan is located forward almost opposite the bath wall from the front edge back, centered in the door way not center over the bath door.
I had installed one of those little solar vents in my T@da, very noisy and they moved -0- air, IMHO a waste of a hole in your roof. the opening window performs a lot better with the MaxxFan.
Also if you reverse the stove and sink, there is about 8"-10" counter space available between the stove and sink in that configuration.