Escape 19' Ordered (comp. date 6/21) - New in Northern CA! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2020, 01:49 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19' due June 2021
Escape 19' Ordered (comp. date 6/21) - New in Northern CA!

Hi All,

We just put a deposit down for a new 19' - can't wait to officially join the club next year once we receive it. I've been lurking on this forum since earlier this year and have already enjoyed the wealth of knowledge and how helpful folks are here.

For those interested in current timing, we put a deposit down on Monday afternoon PT (8/31) and were looking for earliest available delivery. The earliest we were able to select on the website was May 2021. I had also emailed with Escape earlier in the day that morning and they indicated May slots were earliest available but going fast. I waited about 5 hours after receiving that email to place the deposit online through the website (which is their preferred method). We received an email receipt immediately acknowledging the deposit, but nothing about production date, etc. Today, Tuesday 9/1, we received our official welcome email from Escape mid-morning PT indicating a production completion date of June 4, 2021.

They weren't joking about May filling fast! I had read on this forum (or perhaps the FB group) that production slots for April were available as of a week or two ago. If you want something for summer 2021 I suggest you put a deposit down ASAP...

On build timing, the welcome email informed us that we will need to start our build sheet in early Feb. (4 months prior to completion) and someone from Escape will reach out to us then to work on customization and answer any questions. The build sheet must be final by early March (3 months prior to completion and that is when deposit becomes non-refundable).

Thought this info may be helpful for other newbies since I had some trouble finding it all in one place.

Looking forward to future travels soon!

Best,
Chandra
chanjshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Wow, slots are going fast! We placed a deposit on Saturday the 29th and got an email on Monday that our completion date would be May 5th. Happy Cinco de Mayo to us!! And congrats to you!!
okhcolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
a&e

Trailer: '21 Escape 19
Chandra, thanks for the heads up! We put down a deposit about half an hour ago and were just sent an email that the production complete date is 6/8/21...we had been hoping for an April delivery and thought we'd have until October or so to put down any money. Those slots are definitely moving quickly!
a&e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 11:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by okhcolot View Post
Wow, slots are going fast! We placed a deposit on Saturday the 29th and got an email on Monday that our completion date would be May 5th. Happy Cinco de Mayo to us!! And congrats to you!!
Wow, 2 day difference in deposit = 1 month difference in completion date. The folks at ETI must be simultaneously thrilled and stressed out, ha.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by a&e View Post
Chandra, thanks for the heads up! We put down a deposit about half an hour ago and were just sent an email that the production complete date is 6/8/21...we had been hoping for an April delivery and thought we'd have until October or so to put down any money. Those slots are definitely moving quickly!
So glad my message helped - I was shocked as well thinking we'd be able to secure April or May without issue since it's so far in the future!
Old 09-02-2020, 07:06 AM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanjshi View Post
Wow, 2 day difference in deposit = 1 month difference in completion date.
I don’t think everyone just gets in line. I thought I heard at one point that ETI groups production slots together based on trailer model.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:11 AM   #7

Trailer: 2021 5.0
I asked Linda at Escape if slots were dependent on model ordered and she said no.
okhcolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:33 PM   #8

Trailer: 2019
Crazy! We put our deposit down on March 15, and picked up July 3, with a slight delay due to Covid! Their sales must be through the roof!
lj_stjean@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:02 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
We are from Texas and I've never seen an Escape on the road traveling. Haven't camped in several years but never saw one in a campground either. When we ordered we had to find one to look at. I don't think that'll be the case in the coming years, sounds like they will be everywhere across the southern US.
uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Word to the wise regarding the build sheet. Don't wait to start.
We ordered, and got a hatch date 10 months down the road. Once we ordered, just about every day at work, I would spent my lunch hour reviewing information and asking questions on the forum. I sent a list of questions to ETI, and emailed or called them a few times.
This resulted in 8 different build sheet updates, with additions, subtractions, and revisions. We got it right just in time to sign the final build sheet and have it back to ETI in time for production.
Start working on it now.
Post Script: the only thing we got that we don't use is the hitch wheel.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #11

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Good advice! We have a late Feb. completion date and the build sheet is due Oct. 21st. trying to go ahead and get it finalized just in case we could get moved up.

Jimmy
uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:11 AM   #12

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21 NE
We placed a deposit on 9/1 and have a completion date of 5/26/21 for a 21NE. Would like to have it sooner, but Jan-April is ski season anyway.
GregColdewey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19', 2021, deposit, order, timing