Escape Wannabee - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2016, 05:07 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Steven,
...to our little Escape world. You can contact Escape and they will put you in touch with an owner where you can see, first hand, the quality of these products.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:21 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
HI my wife and I recently looked at an Escape 21 and fell in love with it. We have a Chevy Traverse that is tow rated for 5200 lbs. Anyone have a midsize SUV towing the 21, any problems towing, do we need a special hitch? So many questions for the forum to answer. I'm so glad I joined.
I'm towing my Escape 19' with a GMC Acadia. Overall, I am pleased with the results. I live on the east coast and most of my towing is around here which the Acadia handles well. (We live around Asheville, so typically have to climb 2500' or so getting home) If I were traveling around the west, with the higher mountains, I would want a more powerful engine. Jumping up from the 19 to the 21 will add some more weight from what i have.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:29 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Steven,
...to our little Escape world. You can contact Escape and they will put you in touch with an owner where you can see, first hand, the quality of these products.
Sorry about that, my morning coffee has not kicked in, so you have seen one already, great. Still, welcome....
Old 02-03-2016, 11:53 AM   #24

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
HI my wife and I recently looked at an Escape 21 and fell in love with it. We have a Chevy Traverse that is tow rated for 5200 lbs. Anyone have a midsize SUV towing the 21, any problems towing, do we need a special hitch? So many questions for the forum to answer. I'm so glad I joined.
Hi Steven, I don't have any first hand experience, as we won't pick up our 21 until April. We plan to pull it with a 2015 Ford Explorer V6 w/Tow package and a 5000 capacity. I know we will be pushing the limits on our rating and expect to be a little underpowered at times, but for the most part, I expect to do fine. The quality of the Escape build, it's weight, ease of towing, and the ability to utilize our primary vehicle were the features that drew us to Escape. I think you'll be fine with your Traverse.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote