Escapes in Lake Havasu City Az ? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #101

Trailer: 2019 17B Escape, 2018 Off Grid Trailer
Were pretty Excited to see them here as well! Stay Tuned!
Lead Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:36 PM   #102

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Adding solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Warranty work is one issue, but ordering a trailer without solar and then adding solar later would probably have to go back to the factory. Not sure if Randy had title to these trailers or selling them on consignment nor can options be added after production is completed in Chilliwack.There are numerous after market solar distributors.
WE sorta split the difference re solar...we completed our 'sheet' last week on a E-21/maple. To be completed in ~Nov and stored for us til Spring.
WE did not order 'roof' solar..for 2 reasons..1. we like to camp in the shade if possible and 2. bks we kept the portable solar panels we had w the Casita we just sold. Linda said the guys at factory wd put in a Zamp connector for us, and wiring to ~ the battery stowage area, so we could simply hook it up ourselves. Our panels have their own charge controller built in and worked well in the Cassy. Like I said on a diff thread..we have close relatives in the Scottsdale AZ area we wd love to visit and it wd be reeeel nice to not have a long drive to BC if there was rea$onable option otherwi$e.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:40 PM   #103

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
WE, WE, WE? All the way home?
Old 08-19-2019, 06:18 AM   #104

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Solar and shade can still work together. Your solar will charge while towing and just 2-3 hours of sun is all that is needed to fully charge your batteries. Unless it is 100% dark shade, you will still receive a charge, they still work under the cover some install over the Escape. Portable units are not as robust and can disappear. The solar on the roof is all automatic and safe from theft.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #105

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Solar and shade can still work together. Your solar will charge while towing and just 2-3 hours of sun is all that is needed to fully charge your batteries. Unless it is 100% dark shade, you will still receive a charge, they still work under the cover some install over the Escape. Portable units are not as robust and can disappear. The solar on the roof is all automatic and safe from theft.

Besides, where are you going to find a properly installed 190 watt solar panel, wiring, and controller for $850 Canadian or $637.50 US dollars (today's .75 exchange rate). The closest I could get was over $1,200 and then they do not exactly know where to mount the panel feet or use glue to mount. $637.50 an extreme bargain!

Not saying we'll never need a portable, but so far in 155 nights on the road we haven't run out of juice because of the lack of a portable panel. Perhaps if we would use an inverter to run major appliances we'll buy a portable to assist our older 170 watt panel.

Since you're used to and own a portable panel I'd still have a Zamp connector installed, but you'll quickly realize how seldom you'll use the portable.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 08-19-2019, 11:57 AM   #106
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
This thread has been a bit overwhelming for me-- the back and forth and the varying topics. Many don't do well with any change. I get it. I never expected Tammy or Reace to continue manufacturing a great Mom and Pop product, giving it 100% and not take on investors and/or sell it as it grows exponentially. Life quality and family -- this supersedes all in my opinion.

I am happy with our Escape and was pleased to see u-tube videos on their website showing me how things work (In particular the inverter). It was after seeing those videos that I realized there was a new partner, and fast-forward, new owners. Anyone making such a purchase could only have good intentions. We are watching to see what happens next.

I've seen decades of changes and I miss the simpler side of life. My Escape helps me simplify life where I can enjoy the outdoors, have an adventure, and meet the great people along the way. I think if more Escapes were out there, we would all be better for it, and the generations who follow can also have such an experience.

I only hope it continues for years to come.
Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:27 PM   #107

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Sometimes change is good.....time will tell!
Old 08-19-2019, 01:46 PM   #108

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post

Besides, where are you going to find a properly installed 190 watt solar panel, wiring, and controller for $850 Canadian or $637.50 US dollars (today's .75 exchange rate). The closest I could get was over $1,200 and then they do not exactly know where to mount the panel feet or use glue to mount. $637.50 an extreme bargain!

Not saying we'll never need a portable, but so far in 155 nights on the road we haven't run out of juice because of the lack of a portable panel. Perhaps if we would use an inverter to run major appliances we'll buy a portable to assist our older 170 watt panel.

Since you're used to and own a portable panel I'd still have a Zamp connector installed, but you'll quickly realize how seldom you'll use the portable.

Enjoy,

Perry
I agree with this! The ETI solar panels is in my view one of the better value options available. Maybe I'm biased as we have two ETI panels and a Zamp port.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #109

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
We?/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
WE, WE, WE? All the way home?
Gee Sir... I am sorry if offended you. If you do not like our posts, please do not read them.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:45 AM   #110

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Wow, I’m late to this party. I’d just skipped over this thread as I wrongly assumed that it pertained to a proposed AZ rally.

Well. Times, they are a changin’.

I’m sure the path that Escape is on will work out just fine from all sides.

But I do feel a sense of loss too. And even if the new ETI carries on upholding all the things that made them great, we have nonetheless left behind our roots and the “good old days”.

Which does not preclude “good new days” of the future, of course.

But it’s not mom and pop running the show anymore, is it? No more “push it up to Reace, he’ll solve it.” No more whirlwind fix-it tours. No more Leininkugel Summer Shandy.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:15 AM   #111

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Tammy and Reace built the company and put years of hard work and innovative thinking into developing their product and loyal customer base. I see the change in ownership as a great opportunity for the company to explore new paths that were previously untraveled and to keep that spirit of innovative thinking going with a shot of fresh new ideas. Based on my visit to the factory this past summer (where the service was as good or better than any I had experienced in past 7 years), my impression is that the company under the new owners is doing well and only time will tell if that continues.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:28 AM   #112

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Well, the Leinies is alive and well here in the land of corn and soybeans. $12.99 for a 12
Pack of bottles and that gets you a free six pack of bottles. At your local HyVee supermarket. 1.59 per lb for a nice Hormel pork loin with a 3/16 inch fat cap. That’s some good eating after a liquid appetizer. Well under a buck a bottle with tax and deposit. And all meat, no bone, corn fed pork. Truly the land of milk and honey. Speaking of honey my good friend Mike “Red” O’Hearn will be selling honey and doing a coon trapping demo at the Iowa Trappers Convention in Winterset Iowa next Friday morning. Winterset, boyhood home of John Wayne. And in Madison county of covered bridges fame. My dad, when speaking of the depression said “you know the good old days weren’t always that good.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-01-2019, 10:57 AM   #113

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
...Winterset, boyhood home of John Wayne. And in Madison county of covered bridges fame. My dad, when speaking of the depression said “you know the good old days weren’t always that good.

Iowa Dave

It’s true, we do tend to remember and romanticize the past into “the Good Old Days”, don’t we. I feel fortunate to have known Escape during its formative years. And I’m also hopeful about the future.

Speaking of John Wayne, there’s a marina up in our parts, just outside of Sequim, WA (pronounced “skwim” fyi) named after him. I’d never been down there until my wife did a boat race there last year. It’s a gorgeous harbor and marina. I guess The Duke spent a fair bit of time there once upon a time, and I I can understand why. It’s just off the Pacific Coast HWY 101 route. They have a private CG there, but there’s also Sequim Bay SP about a mile up the road. Although for anyone traveling in this area, I’d give top recommendation to Fort Worden SP in Port Townsend.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #114

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I like that: the good new days.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:01 PM   #115

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Let me get this straight. The roof panel will get enough sun, through Escape's optional trailer cover, to keep the batteries topped up while parked?
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #116

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Given that probably 95% of Escapes are sold to customers in the States and that pretty soon probably 95% of all products imported to the States will have a tariff slapped on them I'm surprised that there isn't talk of moving production there, then who knows, maybe that's in the works. I've worked for plenty of companies that have been taken over and the big buzz word is, "nothing drastic will change, it's business as usual", then a year or two later all hell breaks loose. It would only need Casita and Scamp to start complaining of the unfair advantage due to the currency exchange and then who knows ........ not that I would want that to happen ......
Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #117

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
Given that probably 95% of Escapes are sold to customers in the States and that pretty soon probably 95% of all products imported to the States will have a tariff slapped on them I'm surprised that there isn't talk of moving production there, then who knows, maybe that's in the works.
Barry

Well, Great West of Winnipeg took over Trillium ( one of the Trillium companies- Sidekick I think ). Decided to move operations to southeast U.S. and promptly went out of business.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:04 PM   #118

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Let me get this straight. The roof panel will get enough sun, through Escape's optional trailer cover, to keep the batteries topped up while parked?
Gues it would depend on how much your trailer burns when parked. With the heavier Calmark cover I still get about .5A thru it. I would imagine the one Escape sells would do that or a little better.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:44 PM   #119

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
The solar on my 15b will not keep the batteries charged in winter with my Calmark cover on, however the solar on my 19 will charge the batteries in winter through the cheaper cover I use for that trailer.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:14 PM   #120

Trailer: 2012 E19
Hm, good info, thanks. I never thought a panel would produce anything from sun filtered by a cover. Surprising and good to know.
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote