Escapes in Lake Havasu City Az ? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #61

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hey Ross but the economy is doing great ! Pat
RV industry-wide sales have been trending down since December. YTD 2019 sales are down 20% over 2018. With their order backlog and production time it looks like ETI has probably still been turning out the same number of trailers month to month, but the waiting list is only 3 months or so now so they have a lower backlog of orders than previously when the backlog was bigger. That's one advantage of their popularity, having a long waiting list has thus far kept them producing at full capacity and insulated them from any cuts in production volume.

I'm sure ETI is aware of the overall industry sales decline and as their backlog has decreased that is probably why they have had more sales and promotions this year in an effort to build it back up, they are probably close to the point where any further decline in orders might result in production cuts. I'm sure the new owners' long term plan is to increase production, but right now I'll bet they are happy and working hard just to be able to maintain their current level of production and sales when most RV companies are down significantly.

https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/r...ents-june-2019

I'm a carpenter now but in my previous life I was a CPA, can't help analyzing...
Old 08-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #62

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Story I read recently indicated more interest from millennials and less interest in gargantuan RVs that are favoured by most boomers. So, the downturn may not affect small fibreglass market.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #63

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
The last few days the production schedule has said Call for Availability. Haven't seen that before, but I don't check regularly.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #64

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Don’t know about other states but money is getting very tight here . Young people don’t even want to buy houses . Good paying jobs with benefits are getting slim . Businesses close up shop ever day . The standard of living is going down .RV’s are not a necessary unless you want to live in them full time . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #65

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hey David, they used to call me a certified pain in the ankle.......when I was working...
Old 08-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #66

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
They say human nature is to resist change and boy is that evident here. Nothing stays the same; in business you are either moving forward or backwards.

The RV business is cyclical like others and right now orders are softening across the industry. This sounds like a smart move to build another distribution channel.
Very astute Ross, right on point also....
Old 08-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #67

Trailer: 21' Escape in production 12/05/19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Don’t know about other states but money is getting very tight here . Young people don’t even want to buy houses . Good paying jobs with benefits are getting slim . Businesses close up shop ever day . The standard of living is going down .RV’s are not a necessary unless you want to live in them full time . Pat
Just wait until the next major market correction occurs (we are way overdue). There will plenty of trailer availability and a lot of people with a lot less money than they have right now. I predict that Monday is going to be an interesting day in the stock market. This coming week is going to be a huge indicator. I have my eye on Monday specifically.
Gori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:19 PM   #68

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gori View Post
Just wait until the next major market correction occurs (we are way overdue). There will plenty of trailer availability and a lot of people with a lot less money than they have right now. I predict that Monday is going to be an interesting day in the stock market. This coming week is going to be a huge indicator. I have my eye on Monday specifically.
Good to know some of us deal in reality . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #69

Trailer: 2019 17B Escape, 2018 Off Grid Trailer
If your a Facebook fan you can follow James journey here!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...91139180907472
Lead Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #70

Trailer: 2019 F150 eco boost with 2017 5.0 TA in tow
ETI also upped their production which reduced the backlog.
RicVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:00 AM   #71

Trailer: 2019 17B Escape, 2018 Off Grid Trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg and Kathy View Post
Talked to Karl today( picking up my 5TA) and he said this is real. They will be remote sales. It’s a good thing.
Yes! remote sales to show case the trailer in the states!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
This imagine this would add price increases, but maybe for many still worth it.
Still Direct sales as of now! We are working with a Trucking outfit to decrease delivery fees and make it easier to pick up closer to home! Same great deal as usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
Odd location, Lake Havasu City...this location in the summer just about sets the North American high temp. We have driven through here in May at 118°F. Close to Quartzite for the big snowbird crowds, but no one with sense stopping here in the winter.
Lake Havasu is a travel destination equally positioned between Hwy 10 & 40, we do have quite the Canadian winter crowd that comes through here and stays to enjoy our winter season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWagner View Post
https://offgridtrailers.com/?rfsn=2224807.8ee4fc

Lake Havasu is the location of Lead Dog Motorsports.

Look at this page of their site to see their Partners.

Mostly companies with a significant Canadian presence.

I suspect there is currently a relationship of some sort with the new owners of ETI.

That is why Lake Havasu was chosen as the first US site.

Work out the kinks then expand from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicVic View Post
Hope it is just a promotion idea to get attention.
DING, DING, DING! We have a Winner!
I've been working with KV Investments through Partners in the Adventure Trailer Business! They are Good People with Big Ideas and I have nothing but there needs & goals in mind! I also hate Salesman, but I'm not that guy. I'm just a avenue to help make the process easier, I'm simply going to be a guy that has been Traveling/Camping all my life and just wants to help sell good products to people that love to be adventurist! For all I know You Guys will probably school me & tell me more stories than I can come up with! I love that stuff and look forward in becoming a go to phone call to help with your needs and questions! LD
Lead Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #72
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: Researching
Hi, I'm David from Escape Trailer

Good Morning everyone –

Last evening a post on the escapeforum.org site caught a lot of people off guard with the announcement of a new sales Ambassador in Lake Havasu City Arizona. I hope to provide some clarity and answers to what this means to Escape and our customers.

A quick introduction – my name is David Desjardins, and I’m the new Director of Sales and Marketing for Escape Trailers. I joined the company in July, recently leaving my role as Manager of Digital Marketing for London Drugs, a 73-year old pharmacy chain located in Western Canada. I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone here on the forum, and meeting people at the next Escape Trailer Rally.

Yes, we are excited to announce that Lead Dog Motorsports is going to be a new Escape Ambassador based in Lake Havasu Arizona. We have two goals for this relationship; 1.) to explore improvements to our trailers for light off-road usage, and 2.) increase awareness for the brand. We’ve wrapped an Escape 17’ B, and it’s currently on the road to be displayed at Randy’s facility in Lake Havarsu.

Questions from the forum:

No, we are not changing our manufacturer-direct relationship with our customers. Our sales team remains non-commission.

Yes, this is an expansion of our Ambassador program where local owners help us with showing their trailers to perspective buyers.

No, the 17’B isn’t sporting a new color option yet. This is a wrap to match our truck for awareness.

Yes, we are investigating a future expansion into the US. This would likely include delivery, customer support, repair and warranty work, display models, and potential future production facilities.

Yes, we like In-and-Out Burgers. It’s a required stop on any trip I make.

Yes, I would have preferred to have announced this first through this forum and ETI channels.

Without giving away too many trade secrets, we do see a shift in the industry. It’s one of the reasons why we’re investing in new models (2 planned for 2020), improving our production capability, and reaching out to partners like Lead Dog to increase customer options. Doing all of that, while maintaining the quality Escapes are known for, is our goal.

I am available here through the forum, or you can reach out to me by email at david@escapetrailer.com if you have any further questions.

Regards,

David
daviddesjardins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:08 PM   #73

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:29 PM   #74

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
*Quote deleted by moderator, as was the original*

There are people at any large business that have backgrounds and experience in many diverse areas. This should be considered an asset. Is everyone at GM a car aficionado? Does everyone who works at Caterpillar need to know how to drive heavy machinery? Of course not. Maybe David is a longtime camper or maybe he wants to get into camping. That's his business. Either way a fresh perspective can only benefit Escape.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #75

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
*Quote deleted by moderator, as was the original*

That is an unfair and ignorant comment. There are people at any large business that have backgrounds and experience in many diverse areas. This should be considered an asset. Is everyone at GM a car aficionado? Does everyone who works at Caterpillar need to know how to drive heavy machinery? Of course not. Maybe David is a longtime camper or maybe he wants to get into camping. That's his business. Either way a fresh perspective can only benefit Escape.

I totally agree. Many people change companies and/or industries while staying within their chosen career field. It happens all the time.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #76

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Also if one had read the post I also put that I hope he would enlighten us more on his background.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #77

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
So one is not allowed to express his opinion. It was made based on my experience dealing with multiple companies were personnel jumped into another field and made a mess of thing

You are free to express your opinion and I am free to disagree. And my opinion is based upon many positive experiences where this occurred.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:42 PM   #78
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
We have our share of Contrarians as members on this forum. I choose not to be one of them. IF we're going to speculate, why not hope for the best instead of thinking the worst?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:25 PM   #79
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: Researching
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Also if one had read the post I also put that I hope he would enlighten us more on his background.
Hi Oldtimer -

Valid questions

I have no experience working in the RV industry, but I'm surrounded by a dedicated team of 93 people who are helping me learn every day. I'm a former Tabbert trailer owner, which my parents brought back from Europe in 1980, which I bought in 1996 and resold in 2002. Great trailer, amazing memories, but it desperately needed a built-in shower.

I also had no experience as a 'pill pusher' before working in my previous role, but that wasn't a requirement to get the job. My role was to build digital marketing strategies to drive awareness and sales for 80,000+ products, both online and in-store. It was challenging especially in the age of Amazon, but by listening to our customers and adapting, we built a bigger audience. I hope to do that here.
daviddesjardins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:27 PM   #80

Very familiar with the T@b's and owned a T@da before Escape.....