Fellow travelers - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 19' Escape
Fellow travelers

Just purchased a 19' Escape. My goal is to get to the factory for some instruction as all of this is new to me. The forums here are great not to mention helpful. For many years I was a full time caregiver and now circumstances have changed so that I hope to transition to a full time wanderer.
nottfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
In the meantime, click on the Escape Trailer Industries logo ( to your right ). Go up to "Trailers" and down to the Video and the Instruction Manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 6.21.17 PM.png   Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 6.21.47 PM.png  
Old 12-29-2016, 08:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
In the meantime, click on the Escape Trailer Industries logo ( to your right ). Go up to "Trailers" and down to the Video and the Instruction Manual.
Learn something every time on get on this forum. I knew about the Orientation Video and have watched it a few times but for some reason overlooked the link to the owner's manual. Thanks for pointing it out, Glenn. It gives me something to do while waiting for our Escape to be built.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottfar@gmail.com View Post
Just purchased a 19' Escape. My goal is to get to the factory for some instruction as all of this is new to me. The forums here are great not to mention helpful. For many years I was a full time caregiver and now circumstances have changed so that I hope to transition to a full time wanderer.
Wow! That is quite the transition! Congratulations on the purchase of your Escape! You will love it!
And yes: very helpful people here. Just fire away any question you have. You will get response in no time.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:18 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Quote:
Another option is to keep an eye out for the various fiberglass rallies that Escape owners attend. For the last nine years there has been one at the Townsend, TN KOA in April. ("Eggscursion") Each year there are 10-12 Escape owners there who all would be glad to share knowledge and experiences. Viewing each others trailers is always encouraged. I don't see it on the national fiberglass map yet, but we have reservations for about 5 days around April 20.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:31 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
David, welcome and I would completely agree with Glenn that watching the orientation video and reading the well written manual will be a great help. It will help you determine if there are specifics that are unclear to you so that you can ask them during your own orientation. When you get your trailer, I also highly recommend reading the operating instruction sections of the specific manuals you will get for the appliances and systems.

Best of luck in this new phase of life for you!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:34 AM   #7

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
I downloaded and printed the generic on-line manual (67 pages!) and put it in a 3-ring binder to carry with us in the camper. Good information, but after reading the whole thing, I believe the more detailed daily-operation information I was looking for will come with the individual component manuals (water heater, refrigerator, solar system, etc.) that we won't get until we get the camper. Looking forward to reading through those, as well.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:39 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Dale - you can find some of the specific manuals here - but I am not sure how many are of the latest models/versions ETI uses: Escape Trailer Owners Community - Downloads - Manuals

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:

Let us know what year you have for trailer. You can change your forum information/ signature too.

If you can, the Osoyoos rally in late May would be an excellent one to attend. I'm sure someone would caravan with you if you wished that.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...ally-8767.html
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #10

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Dale - you can find some of the specific manuals here - but I am not sure how many are of the latest models/versions ETI uses: Escape Trailer Owners Community - Downloads - Manuals
Good point... while paper manuals should be supplied, they may not all be there and digital versions are handy anyway. Anything not in this forum's collection is usually available directly from the component manufacturer's website, and that's a more current source anyway. Manuals for older RVs can be a challenge, but for an Escape they should all be relatively easy to find.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:50 PM   #11

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Thanks, Eric. With ongoing component upgrades at ETI, I'm just going to wait until our new 21' is sitting in our driveway, see what exactly they installed and what manuals come with it, and then go from there. Won't be long, now. I realize digital versions can be handy, but my aging eyes tend to appreciate hard copy for technical reading where I'm jumping back and forth from text to image.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #12

Dale, I can sure understand what you mean! The digital ones can just satisfy that need to be thinking about it all as you get ready to enjoy the real thing. When is your pick up date?

Old 12-31-2016, 11:50 AM   #13

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
And yes: very helpful people here. Just fire away any question you have. You will get response in no time.
One thing that I find makes this forum unique is that answers are usually not only quick, but accurate and helpful. Speculation is minimized and many members genuinely like helping others. It is indicative of the type of people that own Escapes. Other forums I've seen have a lot of people blabbing and there are very optionated (and not always correct) answers.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
optionated
Oops...Opinionated
Old 12-31-2016, 01:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Oops...Opinionated
Yah no opinionated folks here.
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2016, 01:26 PM   #16

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
One thing that I find makes this forum unique is that answers are usually not only quick, but accurate and helpful. Speculation is minimized and many members genuinely like helping others. It is indicative of the type of people that own Escapes. Other forums I've seen have a lot of people blabbing and there are very optionated (and not always correct) answers.
So true!
Can you or someone else please help out on the 2011 Escape 5.0 posting please? Post #45.
The poor btc is waiting for an answer for a looong time already. If I knew the answer, I would. But I don't. I will be very grateful you or someone else does
Old 12-31-2016, 03:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Yah no opinionated folks here.
Fair enough, but there is opinionated with a lack of any real knowledge and perspective and then there is opinionated backed up with education and experience. I'm ok with the latter.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Fair enough, but there is opinionated with a lack of any real knowledge and perspective and then there is opinionated backed up with education and experience. I'm ok with the latter.
and I wasn't disagreeing with you

Old 12-31-2016, 11:33 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
True.

Very true.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:52 AM   #20

Quote:
and I wasn't disagreeing with you
Gotcha. Somehow missed the sarcasm.