Garage Door Clearance for 19 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2018, 09:00 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Heights

Not to confuse the issue but I have to on storage door heights, but have to ask If there have been changes in the configuration of the air conditioner cover that would make a difference? And if the trailer is equipped with an antenna like a Wineguard how tall is it and where it’s mounted. I’m pretty sure our 2010 19 was 9’3” but can’t be certain now. In addition there’s some differences in tire sidewall heights and squat on the axle due to age or loading. The approach into the building would best taper towards the building to tip the rear end down till the tandem axles level it out. Except for the fact that nobody wants rainwater or snowmelt draining towards the door. Unless you have some kind of slot drain. To paraphrase the old woodcutting saying, “measure three times, smash zero times.” The older I get the fewer chances I take. We covered the waterfront when we built the Escape Garage and went with12 foot sidewalls 10 foot door height, 18’ wide. “Give me land, lots of land, neath the starry skies above, don’t fence me in”.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
2F2C532F-0D01-4403-BF6A-310FFEEC2C53.jpg   DC5B2D66-2A94-4460-9449-3C132AB0BF41.jpg   C213F7A1-2286-4D87-8A5B-1CE288E94236.jpg   5C4B0455-EDDB-4580-ADF9-61950BF2DA02.jpg  
Old 03-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #22

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Not to confuse the issue but I have to on storage door heights, but have to ask If there have been changes in the configuration of the air conditioner cover that would make a difference? And if the trailer is equipped with an antenna like a Wineguard how tall is it and where it’s mounted. I’m pretty sure our 2010 19 was 9’3” but can’t be certain now. In addition there’s some differences in tire sidewall heights and squat on the axle due to age or loading. The approach into the building would best taper towards the building to tip the rear end down till the tandem axles level it out. Except for the fact that nobody wants rainwater or snowmelt draining towards the door. Unless you have some kind of slot drain. To paraphrase the old woodcutting saying, “measure three times, smash zero times.” The older I get the fewer chances I take. We covered the waterfront when we built the Escape Garage and went with12 foot sidewalls 10 foot door height, 18’ wide. “Give me land, lots of land, neath the starry skies above, don’t fence me in”.
Iowa Dave

Dave, I keep looking for your head, concealed somewhere in your second photo. I must be missing something......

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:56 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Send a message via AIM to almost born canadian Send a message via MSN to almost born canadian
Our new 2017 Escape 19' with high lift axle, yes air conditioning but no tv antenna, barely fits into our 10' garage door. I manually lift the door up and raise it more against the springs as we go under the door. I measure the overall height at 9'-10". We are heading out end of March on our first extended trip with the 19'. Hope that my wife remembers to remind me to raise the door all the way before we pull out!
almost born canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:22 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
That’s just corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
Dave, I keep looking for your head, concealed somewhere in your second photo. I must be missing something......
My head in any picture risks a couple of things. First blinding the photographer and second breaking the camera. I’m too big to camouflage and too slow to run away so I gotta
stand and fight. I am however, outstanding in my field.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
5CB14135-1EAA-4EC9-B51E-BC63540A8416.jpg  
Old 03-07-2018, 08:59 AM   #25

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Send a message via MSN to earlejk Send a message via Yahoo to earlejk
Escape 19 Measurements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne H View Post
My 2016 classic 19 was just measured (along with detailed weighing) and the highest point (AC unit) measured at 9'3".
Anne, thank you very much. This prompted me to go back and look at my correspondence from Escape Trailers. Here is a quote from Tina from last December

"The main changes that have occurred with the new mold for the 2017/2018 Escapes is that the body is now a little less rounded and more square with a separate main door and screen door rather than an airplane type door and the new electric awning.
The Exterior length of 19’6” is from the hitch to the bumper, which would include the spare tire. The Exterior height of 8’6” includes the Maxxfan but not the AC unit. You would need to add an additional 6” to the height of the trailer for the AC which would be the highest component on the roof."

So apparently the current configuration with AC, and without hi-lift axle, puts the high point right at 9'-0". This seems to be confirmed by a couple of 2017 owners. I will proceed with caution as I prepare to raise the header to my garage bay where Snoozy is currently housed. With care I can get 9'-1", but 9'-3" would require some re-engineering. Again, thanks for all the interest and input. It is truly appreciated. - Jake
earlejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:50 AM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This was posted on one of the Boler Facebook groups. Yes, the header had to be lifted, but the garage doors weren't replaced. Looks nice too.
Attached Thumbnails
GarageDoors.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:30 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
nice, a tri-fold door
Old 03-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #28

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Nice- but had to have carriage doors to start with as wouldn't have worked with roll up.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
The specs for an Escape are for a standard no options model. Since AC is an option it’s not included. Our prior carport had a 8-6 clearance, so it was a nonstarter. So now we have a second carport, 10 foot on the side wall, close to 13 foot in the center. Ample clearance of course!
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:11 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Send a message via MSN to earlejk Send a message via Yahoo to earlejk
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBill View Post
The specs for an Escape are for a standard no options model. Since AC is an option it’s not included. Our prior carport had a 8-6 clearance, so it was a nonstarter. So now we have a second carport, 10 foot on the side wall, close to 13 foot in the center. Ample clearance of course!
Thanks Bill. I just got this from Escape:

"The measurements I have for the 19’ Escape are as follows:

Standard exterior height of the trailer= 8’ 6”
Air Conditioner= adds 6” to the standard height
High Lift axel (you don’t have) adds an additional 2 ˝”"

So, with careful planning I think I will be okay.

Also thanks Donna for the Boler picture. It gives me an idea for an alternative when I am finishing my door modification. Kind regards to all - Jake (John)
earlejk is offline   Reply With Quote