Got a December 18th Due Date! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 21
Got a December 18th Due Date!

Just put down the deposit for a 21.
Now I'm going to be pestering the forum with questions!
The wife (Linda) is handling interior customization, and guess I've got the rest.
Could someone direct me to the best subforum to post questions relating to interior choices, build sheet questions, and the like?
BTW, browsing this forum and noticing the very helpful nature of the folks that frequent it has helped convince me that an Escape trailer was what we wanted.

Richard Budd
rotorbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorbudd View Post
The wife (Linda) is handling interior customization, and guess I've got the rest.
Could someone direct me to the best subforum to post questions relating to interior choices, build sheet questions, and the like?
BTW, browsing this forum and noticing the very helpful nature of the folks that frequent it has helped convince me that an Escape trailer was what we wanted.

Richard Budd
Richard, the Shopping Escape section is really good to ask questions about your build sheet, and have other members review and comment on the options you're considering, and Visual Escape will have lots of photos of the interior and exterior of others' trailers. In particular, spend some time looking at the thread "It's Friday... and Beyond". It has hundreds of posts of people's build photos so you can get an idea of what the various options look like. Hope this helps, and good luck!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:

Richard Budd
Richard, you could always post a question "Help me with my build sheet" and guaranteed, all sorts of people will chime in with thoughts and observations about what has worked for then and what hasn't. Or ask "what are your three favourite options etc and why?" Its worth you thinking about what sort of campers you will be. Are you going to always hook up, or do you want to dry camp a lot? Will you be summer only campers, or do you want to go out in the shoulder seasons or even winter. Of course there's a southern winter which is different than a northern winter.

Good luck, we pick up our 21 just three days before you and so you are in good company as we go through our decision making process. One advantage, we will be onto our 2nd Escape, so we have already made our minds up, except that experience has told us that 2nd time round you might do different things.

Best of luck.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Welcome. Amazing isn't it? Generally a very nice group of people here with a lot of camping/traveling experience in a wide variety of terrain and climates, both off grid and established campgrounds. Ask away...almost always there is an answer and better yet a good answer.

I always find it fascinating when the forum helps convince a buyer to make a major purchase. It doesn't seem to hold true in the opposite sense because some trailer manufacturers should be bankrupt then based on other forums and complaints about the poor quality and craftsmanship of those trailers.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Welcome. Amazing isn't it? Generally a very nice group of people here with a lot of camping/traveling experience in a wide variety of terrain and climates, both off grid and established campgrounds. Ask away...almost always there is an answer and better yet a good answer.

I always find it fascinating when the forum helps convince a buyer to make a major purchase. It doesn't seem to hold true in the opposite sense because some trailer manufacturers should be bankrupt then based on other forums and complaints about the poor quality and craftsmanship of those trailers.
Well what turned me off to several manufacturers were the negative comments on their site as well as general RVing sites.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:39 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Congratulations! My daughter would say you did good... because Dec. 18 is her birthday And you did!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #7

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Congrats! We joined the forum right after discovering Escape and right away were very impressed with the quality of advice and comments from so many loyal owners. The forum has been very helpful and for much of this year we read pretty much every post and learned everything we could, and when we recently placed our order for a 5.0TA we found that the build sheet was actually a fairly simple process because we already had a very good idea of all of the options from so many discussions on the forum.

We have a Jan. 8 due date - won't be able to come up from Texas in the dead of winter to pick up, but had to act now in order to get the frameless awning windows we wanted while they were still available - so we'll be gazing longingly at our build photos when we get them and counting the months until Spring when we go to pick it up. However, even though we're in Texas, we're making a road trip to Chilliwack next month to visit ETI and be able to make our last few decisions after spending some time in the trailer and talking with the ETI folks. After all the buildup, this will be like going to Disneyland!

You are in for an exciting adventure!
Old 08-07-2018, 06:33 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:

Richard Budd
Congratulations Richard! You're going to love the 21. As for build sheet options, I'd suggest you do what many of us have done - post a new thread with the options you think you will want, and ask for folks to review them and make suggestions. We did this and went through numerous build sheet versions before settling on one. In case you don't know, forum members EXCEL at helping you spend your money! Cheers.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:43 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I had the Dec 18th slot and requested a later date, now have Jan 19th, maybe the last of the frameless window and power awning build slot.. My 2019 build does not show these items but instead they are add on options.We are picking up the Osoyoos rally week, so it will sit for 4 months. But remember the warranty does not start until pick up....
Old 08-08-2018, 06:46 AM   #10

Thanks Everyone

Just waiting to get all the paperwork from Linda and then the questions will start in earnest!
Old 08-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Richard,
There is a tab marked "Owners Map" in the black bar above, that shows the locations of owners and their trailer size.

My wife, Earline, and I have a 2014 21' in Signal Mountain, TN, just up the road from Atlanta, and friends of ours, Tom and Linda, also have a 21' in Chattanooga, but a 2015.

You are welcome to come see ours any time, bearing in mind that these are the slightly different shape, pre-2016 models, with some differences, but many similarities. We included custom countertops, and fabrics, and most of the options available that year.

I am at hisdad@hotmail.com

Bill
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
Richard,
There is a tab marked "Owners Map" in the black bar above, that shows the locations of owners and their trailer size.

My wife, Earline, and I have a 2014 21' in Signal Mountain, TN, just up the road from Atlanta, and friends of ours, Tom and Linda, also have a 21' in Chattanooga, but a 2015.

You are welcome to come see ours any time, bearing in mind that these are the slightly different shape, pre-2016 models, with some differences, but many similarities. We included custom countertops, and fabrics, and most of the options available that year.

I am at hisdad@hotmail.com

Bill
Bill,
Thank you very much for the offer!
Linda and I would love to take a trip up to see your trailer. She is very interested in seeing other owners ideas on decorating their interiors.
I'll be in touch with you via email after I talk to Linda this evening. (She's still working until Dec. so I have to check with her for scheduling )
Old 08-08-2018, 08:58 AM   #13

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
We originally were going to purchase a 21' to be finished in December with the build due Sept 7. Last week we changed our minds and changed the order to a 5.0, with the build due yesterday, to be picked up the end of October. We had already contacted a few members for ideas and have owned FG campers, stickies, and a 5th wheel in the past. We were sent our build sheet at 7 pm last night. I was up until midnight making sure the build was correct.

My advice is to personally contact by phone or in person as many members here who have a 21'. Everyone was happy to help! We looked at two 21's and one 5.0. The first was in Olympic National Park where we realized we were really happy with FG campers and their 21' got us talking for the rest of the trip. We talked on the phone with them a few time since and they were great, but their trailer is now 800 miles away. However the last two views we met wonderful owners who were proud to spend a couple of hours with us to explain in detail the why's/why not's of their choices. We ended up choosing a little of both to meet OUR needs.

Need I say "Due Diligence!"

Enjoy,

Perry