Greetings - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 21C
Greetings

My name is brad from Michigan. Looking to learn enough to place a order for a new 19 or 21 foot Escape. Appreciate any help in understanding the value of the options available. I plan to use the trailer all seasons in northern climates and also disconnected at times from all the conveniences of power and water.

Looking forward to life on the road. I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit V6.
Besauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Brad,
The beauty of ordering an Escape trailer is that there are so many options and so much customizing that can be done. My recommendation is that you throw out four or five items you’re thinking about, so forum members can respond to you.
Bill
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:07 AM   #3

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Welcome to the forum

You're aware these are 3 season trailers as opposed to the Bigfoot or Oliver's that are more 4 season right? Doesn't mean you can't winter camp, just that it takes effort on your part to do so.

You can use the search function at the top of the page, the lower Google option works best. Just so you know, many threads here tend to drift, read as far as you need to.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:51 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Yes being in Michigan I would remember mostly a 3 season camper so the things that are options that improve that like the insulation package I would think would be a must.
I would also add this if I were to buy a new one (just purchased a 2014 21') I think I would get every option but the stove. If you plan to own your Escape for many years then you spread those cost out over those years then easier to see how money well spent. I'm in the wholesale side of the office furniture industry and I get amazed at people that want to but just cheap chairs when for 50-75.00 more or .01 cent a day based on life of chair you can get a much better product.
No matter what you do I'm convinced you can't go wrong owning an Escape. This forum and all the great info it provides is just part of that.

Safe travels to all,
Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:06 AM   #5

Trailer: none
From the Escape website under "Points to Ponder:"

The headliner is a smooth, durable, soft-touch vinyl laminated onto 3/8” foam creating a comfortable interior for 2 season use (extra insulation option available for 3+ season use). This headliner is fire-rated and easily cleaned.