Greetings from northern Mississippi - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #1

Trailer: Considering 19' and 21'
Greetings from northern Mississippi

Greetings from northern Mississippi (Near Memphis, TN)! I've been lurking here reading through the forum from time to time over the past few weeks.

My wife and I are nearly empty nest - daughter graduating college in December if all goes as planned. We (mostly me ) have been wanting to get an RV for years. Grew up traveling with a travel trailer almost every summer - made it to 45 out of the lower 48 (missed ID, OR & WA). Lately have joined my parents in their small motor home - usually dad and I going fishing. We also did some tent camping with the daughter before she got too busy with school. My wife wants nothing to do with any more tent camping - if it doesn't have a toilet and shower she's not going.

Anyhow, started looking at travel trailers over motor homes just because I felt it was a better fit for us. Looked at stick built at first since that is what I have experience with so far but as I started researching, I wanted to see what else was out there. Looked at some with aluminum frames - still basically a stick built. Have always liked the looks of the scamp / casita / fiberglass trailers that I had seen on the road but had not really looked into one until last fall. Someone had a Casita up at the Bull Shoals / White River State Park in northern AR that I spoke with the owner and got to poke my head inside briefly. I wasn't fishing but I think the hook was set

So far we have visited the manufacturers of the Oliver in TN, and the EggCamper in MI. Liked the Oliver - looked to be a well built unit but the price is more than I want to lay out without some more experience. The EggCamper was very basic but looked solid - also had a double hull with fiberglass for both interior and exterior walls. Could almost hose out the inside on that one. It had it's charms, but I did not have the wife with me and I think she would find it too small. I had some more options in mind that just are not available on it so that was another issue.

Stumbled on the Escape being mentioned in another forum so here I am. Saw the 19' over in Little Rock - WOW! The owner had it set up very close to what I had marked down on my preliminary wish list of options off of the web site. My wife and I both loved the layout and the feel of the unit. Seemed to be a solid well built unit not flimsy and the details - like how the cutouts for plumbing and wiring are done - looked like someone was taking pride in what they did. Hope to see a 21' in the area or maybe next month when we head up to PA to visit my brother. Based on what I see on the layouts, I think the 19' or 21' are what we are looking for.
TerryB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
We chose the 21 over the 19 as the aisle is about 6 inches wider, easy to pass each other in front of the sink and still not step on a dog. Still only 4100 lbs loaded for travel. Love the bath and permanent bed.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Well now you have a chance to visit WA/OR/ID when you pick up your new trailer!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome to the site, Terry. You will find lots of info in posts past, and lots of nice folks eager to help you with anything you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryB2 View Post
made it to 45 out of the lower 48 (missed ID, OR & WA).
These are probably my most travelled states, along with Montana. You do have to add them to your bucket list, as the NW is great country, much like an extension of Western Canada, bot geographically, and with the attitudes of the good folk that live there. Don't get me wrong, lots of great places and people everywhere, and it is on my bucket list to make it to them.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Hey Jim some of us would like to be annexed by Western Canada!
Old 08-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
Hey Jim some of us would like to be annexed by Western Canada!
You already are, in Heart.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:11 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Hi Terry, and welcome to the forum. If you are a little uncertain as to which model of an Escape trailer you want, be sure and personally check out all of them. We thought it was the 19 until we went to Chilliwack last year. To my surprise we ended up ordering the 21 and are leaving in 2 weeks to get the finished trailer. And whatever you choose, you have the tow vehicle to handle it. Good luck. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:49 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Bill&Earline are somewhere close (TN) by you with a 21.

Good luck in the search.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:21 AM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Hi Terry,

I think you may have already made the first, most important decision, to go total fibreglass. Having our stick built trailer self destruct due to leaks in 14 years and watching my brother-in-law's 6 year old trailer do the same sent us over to fibreglass trailers. I couldn't bear to buy something where the fibreglass panels are joined with butyl putty and screws.

There are a lot of great FG trailers out there, including the Escape. Having just had our Escape 21 for 3 months, we love it and have confidence that it will continue to serve us for many years. If you read this forum you will understand that ETI's trailers, like every trailer out there, can end up with a few minor issues when they leave the facility, but I have never seen a business that looks after its customers better. Seeing the number of owners who have bought Escapes again spoke volumes to us.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
Well now you have a chance to visit WA/OR/ID when you pick up your new trailer!
I lived in Idaho briefly back in the '80s and went to both of the other states. But it is a good excuse for a road trip😉. The one I want to see is Alaska - seen it from the air and the deck of a ship but never actually set foot on land. Unfortunately that is going to have to wait for retirement since I don't think the boss will let me off work for that long.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:30 AM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You already are, in Heart.
Canada should probably annex Quebec first!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:24 AM   #12

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Bill&Earline are somewhere close (TN) by you with a 21.

Good luck in the search.
Terry,
Unfortunately we're about 5 hours away in Chattanooga.
We leave soon for our Autumn trip. If you want to send me a PM, we could arrange a visit on your way back from PA. We love our 21, and we have most of the options. We also originally signed up for a 19, then switched when we saw our first 21.
Bill
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:19 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 19' Escape - 2023 JGC-L Summit
Welcome Terry, it will be great to have another Escape in North MS. We live about an hour from you in Corinth. Love to have you look at ours but we're on the road and won't be back home for several months. I suspect you'll have an Escape on order by then.
DonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #14

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Fiberglass rally in Dover Tennessee

Hi Terry, welcome to the forums. I just wanted to let you know that there is going to be a fiberglass RV rally the weekend of October 1 (called the LBL rally) in Dover Tennessee. There should be several Escape trailers there, including 21's. If you get a chance to go up that way, they will be having a trailer open house on Saturday the 3rd, at 2:00. My wife and I plan to attend...we already have an 17B on order but think it will be a good opportunity to scope out several different escapes and get ideas on needed options.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Earline View Post
Terry,
Unfortunately we're about 5 hours away in Chattanooga.
We leave soon for our Autumn trip. If you want to send me a PM, we could arrange a visit on your way back from PA. We love our 21, and we have most of the options. We also originally signed up for a 19, then switched when we saw our first 21.
Bill
If all goes as planned, we will get to see a 21' up in PA. If that doesn't work out, I might need to send you a PM to make a road trip over to see yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Hi Terry, welcome to the forums. I just wanted to let you know that there is going to be a fiberglass RV rally the weekend of October 1 (called the LBL rally) in Dover Tennessee. There should be several Escape trailers there, including 21's. If you get a chance to go up that way, they will be having a trailer open house on Saturday the 3rd, at 2:00. My wife and I plan to attend...we already have an 17B on order but think it will be a good opportunity to scope out several different escapes and get ideas on needed options.
Thanks for the welcomes from everyone! Thanks for the info on the rally - that does sound like fun and a good way to meet some people. Unfortunately unless something changes I will have to work that weekend.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 escape 17b -sia-
I logged in and tried to introduce myself as the new member I am
when I hit enter new thread I get a box saying I cant because I
am not logged in...any suggestions...qqq
fgunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 escape 17b -sia-
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgunderson View Post
I logged in and tried to introduce myself as the new member I am
when I hit enter new thread I get a box saying I cant because I
am not logged in...any suggestions...qqq
please disregard the above message-apparently I
took too long writing and was timed-out...frank
fgunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:33 PM   #18

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
If you want to come down this way you can see our 21' in Pensacola, FL. Bing says Horn Lake is six hours and three minutes away from our house. We are just getting into the best time of year for visiting our beautiful beaches and state parks.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:25 PM   #19

Got to take a look at the 21' up in PA - another great trailer. My wife and I both prefer the 19' layout for us, but it is nearly a toss-up. Only problem now is sold out so no more orders until 2016 when they start the 2017 delivery dates. Not much of a problem since I doubt we would be able to pick it up until then since I want to make a trip out of it.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:43 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Glad you made it safely home.....