Greetings from Oregon - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2020, 06:17 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0TA
Greetings from Oregon

Ten plus years ago while living in Texas, we purchased our first RV, a 17’ Casita. Eventually we moved up to a 26’ Everlite bumper-pull, which turned out to be quite problematic — it definitely wasn’t the quality build they claimed. From there we literally moved into small class A, a 28’ Fleetwood Storm. In which we full timed for three years before settling in Bend. Wanting to downsize, we’ve looked at class B’s, small class C’s, & truck campers before realizing that the Escape 5.0 was just the RV we were looking for. Unfortunately, between the short time we were thinking about the 5.0 & actually putting down a deposit, the wait list exploded - ours is scheduled for the first part of September, 2021.
Robt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:05 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robt View Post
Ten plus years ago while living in Texas, we purchased our first RV, a 17’ Casita. Eventually we moved up to a 26’ Everlite bumper-pull, which turned out to be quite problematic — it definitely wasn’t the quality build they claimed. From there we literally moved into small class A, a 28’ Fleetwood Storm. In which we full timed for three years before settling in Bend. Wanting to downsize, we’ve looked at class B’s, small class C’s, & truck campers before realizing that the Escape 5.0 was just the RV we were looking for. Unfortunately, between the short time we were thinking about the 5.0 & actually putting down a deposit, the wait list exploded - ours is scheduled for the first part of September, 2021.
Welcome! You will find that the 5.0TA will be well worth the wait. The quality, workmanship, and value are unsurpassed.
PM15283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:26 AM   #3
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
My wife and I considered what we wanted in Dec 2019 and into Jan 2020.
Went to Chilliwack the last week of Jan 2020, visited ETI's 'store' and ordered our 2020 21NE.

The expected completion was early April and then "THE" pandemic arrived, which pushed back our early April completion date to us picking up our JoMoE to late May.

We missed the assault on the industry...with waits now (yours is Sept 2021) for ordered Escapes stretching beyond well beyond mid-2021.

The ONLY saving grace is that you should be more than pleased with the product. Delayed as we were, my wife and I were like two kids giddy over a new toy.

We weren't, nor have we been since, disappointed in our decision or the unit we purchased.

My point being...althought the wait is considerable...I'm confident that you'll appreciate your new rig when it comes home to roust.
AND...belonging to the forum, well that's another layer of information, guidance and connection that many others cannot provide. It's worked for us and I hope it'll help you along the way.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 05:58 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It was not uncommon for a 9-12 month wait for an Escape years ago.........Tammy & Reace did not build many inventory units, just custom made Escapes.........
Old 09-27-2020, 03:35 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Even before the demand increased this year, the wait was at least six months. We ordered on Thanksgiving weekend and picked it up in the following May (this year).

The waiting was actually pure hell. I ended up watching Dori & Mena's Youtube videos about their 5.0 as a kind of therapy all Winter. It took me about four trips, once we got our 5.0, until I actually calmed down and just enjoyed the camper. Every trip I got too excited about this new camper.

I just did a 17 day trip (Colorado and Utah) that got all of that out of me. The 5.0 exceeds all my expectations. Other campers comments are quite flattering about it too. I believe you will love it.

I think I got one more good trip in me before Winter sets in. Congrats!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
I placed my deposit for my 19 in May 2016 picked it up a year later. But it even sat longer in my driveway after foot surgery my first camping trip was Oct 2017. The waiting is the hardest part
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
I ended up watching Dori & Mena's Youtube videos about their 5.0 as a kind of therapy all Winter.
Strange that they sold that beautiful 5.0 after supposedly wanting an Escape for so long. Can’t help but think it’s just part of “the show”. Some of these Youtubers just do things to keep content fresh and keep people interested in watching. Just like a TV network.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:14 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
The show must go on!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Strange that they sold that beautiful 5.0 after supposedly wanting an Escape for so long. Can’t help but think it’s just part of “the show”. Some of these Youtubers just do things to keep content fresh and keep people interested in watching. Just like a TV network.
Hi: rubicon327... A sage man once wrote "Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:27 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Stuck with it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robt View Post
Hi: Robt... When we finally ordered our 5.0TA, after enjoying our 5.0, Tammy at ETI said she had held open a slot for us... cause she knew!!! We've been stuck with the #2 built 5.0TA ever since. Even at that we had a 3 month wait when a year was normal. It's the best being stuck we've ever experienced, apart from being married for near 50 yrs. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1050278.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:48 AM   #10

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I talked to Dori before he made the decision and it was a considered decision. He is now building what looks like a ProMaster. He mentioned that they would probably have done this in a few years anyway. They are not planning on entering the U.S. in 2021. He had issues with humidity and street parking.

He covered it in his video this month. I really like both of them. I can't imagine going smaller than a 5.0 now. I like the room.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote