Greetings from Texas - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2021, 05:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 E19
Greetings from Texas

My name is Chris and I live in Dallas, Texas with my wife Sharon. I've always admired the Escape trailers when I see them on the road and recently had the opportunity to purchase an Escape 19. I'm a life-long RVer. This is my First Escape - but my 7th travel trailer. I have always liked the fiberglass 'eggs' and have owned a Uhaul, Scamp and Boler in the past. We love camping in state and national parks and look forward to spending some quality time with the E19. There's a lot of great information on this forum and i'm glad I found my way here!
CD4Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19

And stay warm!

Texas is making the news here in Canada that much of the power and water systems are closed due to the temperature going down to freezing...

I am sure there are going to be a lot of RVs and in ground sprinkler systems suffering damage as well as the homes we are seeing on TV.

Good with it all.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:54 PM   #3

Thanks! It's going to be quite a mess in the coming weeks as everything thaws out and starts leaking. We don't have the infrastructure in place to deal with extended periods of sub-freezing temperatures. When I bought the Escape I never thought my first camping experience with it might be in the driveway when the power went down - and we had single digit temps. Glad I had full propane tanks.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:25 AM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Tomorrow is supposed to be the last of this freeze. Back to 70/50 hopefully. Never seen anything like this in Kenedy County in my 85 years here.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:36 AM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
This has been quite an experience for sure. Still some in Austin without power in their 6th day now, and municipal water systems are out all over the state. This weather would be no big deal in Minnesota, but down here it is off the charts colder than people have ever seen, and with a bunch of snow to boot. Bad time for a catastrophic state-wide power failure.
We've made it through just fine at our house but that is not the case for many folks.

3 degrees one night at our house, the coldest temp ever recorded in Austin. And with 2 nights of single digit lows, and 5 straight days never going above freezing, I am thinking of all the hundreds of infrequently used trailers parked in storage yards all over town. Certainly a bunch of them were not winterized. A lot of repair parts and components were already hard to get - good luck finding them now, or getting an appointment at any RV service center in Texas.

This year was supposed to be better....when does that start?
Old 02-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Welcome, now you can admire an Escape from inside too.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:08 AM   #7

Trailer: 2012 E19
CD4Dallas, welcome. Did you snag that bargain 19 I saw briefly advertised on rvtrader? If so, congratulations on a roaring good deal. I would have done the same if I'd seen it in time.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:04 AM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Keep the faith, Dallas, Austin, Sarita, and all....
Attached Thumbnails
snow5.jpg   iceflag.jpg  
Old 02-19-2021, 03:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Welcome, now you can admire an Escape from inside too.
That's the best part.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
CD4Dallas, welcome. Did you snag that bargain 19 I saw briefly advertised on rvtrader? If so, congratulations on a roaring good deal. I would have done the same if I'd seen it in time.
Not sure if it's the same one - but I was excited to get it!
Old 03-03-2021, 10:08 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Welcome

We're from Dallas area, but are now in Canton. Welcome to the Texas group. We're getting larger by the day.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:29 AM   #12

Ginger, thanks for the welcome. I love the Canton / Tyler area. It's a great place to live. We go down to Tyler State Park once or twice a year. Hope to see you out on the road one day. Chris
Old 03-03-2021, 12:02 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD4Dallas View Post
When I bought the Escape I never thought my first camping experience with it might be in the driveway when the power went down - and we had single digit temps. Glad I had full propane tanks.
Was your furnace able to keep the trailer warm enough when it was in the single digits?

I thought about using our trailer as a life boat in the driveway, however I didn't have enough smarts to bring it home before the storm. Fortunately we didn't loose power. One of my concerns was the furnace might have to run full time to keep it warm at those temps and I didn't know if the furnace could handle that. We do have the extra insulation, but I don't know how much that would help at those temps.

It would be great to hear your first hand experience using your furnace in the single digits.
ThomasG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:46 PM   #14

Trailer: 2019 19 ft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD4Dallas View Post
My name is Chris and I live in Dallas, Texas with my wife Sharon. I've always admired the Escape trailers when I see them on the road and recently had the opportunity to purchase an Escape 19. I'm a life-long RVer
Welcome to the Escape community. Texas contains a LOT of Escape owners. Hope to meet you as we travel.

73/gus
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote