Happy to join and be part of this Community - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2019, 11:55 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Aliner & 2019 Escape 21 - Adventure Orange
Happy to join and be part of this Community

We are Troy and Barb from Wisconsin. Our 21 is scheduled for completion on June 12th and the build sheet is for the most part complete due to the awesome genuine commentary on this site. A little about us -

1. We live on a small trout stream that is threatened by progress but is still alive.
2. Love to paddle, bike, hike, camp, explore, travel ………….
3. Our kids are out of the house (for the most part) and it's very quiet.
4. We're both introverted but feel a desire to attend an Escape Rendezvous.

Just wanted to say Thankyou to everyone posting on this site and to ask "How do you get a picture in your profile?"

Thanks again,

Troy and Barb
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Welcome and I'm sure you will be marking the days off your calendar just like it was Christmas . Plus could not agree with you more about the info and members on this website, they are the reason I knew Escape was the way to go.
Would also suggest you attend a rally when you can, even without your Escape. Learn more there about your new home on wheels then anywhere else I think.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Welcome. You've landed in a good spot with an Escape and this forum.

To add a profile picture hit "User CP" on the top bar far left and then click on "Edit Profile Picture" in the choices along the left side. See pic.
Attached Thumbnails
profile picture.JPG  
Old 01-31-2019, 12:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Use the "User Profile" menu (Upper Left on the menu bar), select "Edit Profile Picture". Choose a photo you have stored on your computer, noting the size limits described at the bottom. Click "Save Changes" and that should do the trick!

Welcome to the forum.

Well, Dave did a better job - a picture is worth 1000 words & I don't want to type that many!
Old 01-31-2019, 12:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Troy and Barb
Welcome Troy and Barb to the Escape world. You'll find we're a friendly bunch. We have attended three of the four Mississippi rallies, usually held in IL on the river the end of September. We won't make it this year but definitely suggest you attend. The rally is open to all FG trailers but you'll find that 90% or so are Escapes.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:39 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19

Perfect timing...if you pick it up on the 13 of June you can drive directly to the BC Fiberglass Egg event that is less than an hour away. This is an event for all fiberglass trailers and would be a great place to check out your trailer before you get to far away.
Hope to see you there.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...tml#post277925

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:09 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
You will love your Escape 21. I've had mine for several years now and consider it to be one of the best purchases I've made in my life.

I have really enjoyed the trailer gatherings I have attended, even though I'm an introvert as well. I've enjoyed meeting the other attendees and have learned a lot from them. After each gathering, though, I go back to being a cranky loner.

"$*()&*#*(@!!"
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:33 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Fairly soon, I assume, there will be an annoucement for the Mississippi River Rendezvous organized by Fudge brownie. It is planned to be held at Thomson Causeway COE park near Thomson, Il.....across the river from Clinton, IL. A swell event held in late September. You will enjoy your time and the fine folks you meet. Keep an eye on the forum for details.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:05 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
You will love your Escape 21. I've had mine for several years now and consider it to be one of the best purchases I've made in my life.

I have really enjoyed the trailer gatherings I have attended, even though I'm an introvert as well. I've enjoyed meeting the other attendees and have learned a lot from them. After each gathering, though, I go back to being a cranky loner.

"$*()&*#*(@!!"
You know the old saying Mike, strangers are friends you have not met yet. I remember meeting you in Osoyoos one year, I believe it was your first visit to Osoyoos. I always look for you, Bruce (BCNomad), Gabi & Wolf, and Glenn when attending that beautiful campground. I even met Donna D. there one year.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:15 AM   #10

I hope I'm not offending others I did not list, as Iowa Dave, Alf, Red Dog, Jim B, Vella and Glen, Josie and Craig, John and Marti, and these are just the ones who bought one of my used Escapes......just kidding.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:26 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Mike I guess I'm a little of both, funny thing is I've made my living talking to people and selling them things but when I'm camping enjoy the quite and space it provides. Unfortunately my other 1/2 does not have the freedom yet that I do to start camping more, and already in 2019 I have 5 trips I know she can not go on so....... just got back from one of those trips to Crooked River State Park.
I saw a sign the other day and I like one of the lines on it, 'Work like you don't need the money'. I figure as long as I answer emails and phone calls I'm still working so that sounds like a good plan to me, Patty will just have to get use to missing me some until she can join me I guess. LOL
Mike if your ever towing through GA and need a place to park it for a night I have a business in Duluth and place at Lake Sinclair you are welcome at either.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #12

I always remember the saying "Work should be easy, like a hobby but your hobby should be hard, like work"
Old 02-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Me Too

Quote:
We are Troy and Barb from Wisconsin. Our 21 is scheduled for completion on June 12th and the build sheet is for the most part complete due to the awesome genuine commentary on this site. A little about us -

1. We live on a small trout stream that is threatened by progress but is still alive.

Just wanted to say Thankyou to everyone posting on this site and to ask "How do you get a picture in your profile?"

Thanks again,

Troy and Barb
It’s good to learn of another 21 in the upper Midwest. I am introverted also but enjoy rallies and lying. Hope to meet you at an upcoming rally. My take on rallies is that you’ll like some of them and be neutral on others. After attending a few, you’ll know what you like. When you go, I’d advise participating in the activities, asking questions and sharing your experiences and hobbies. Point Beer, yup I’ve sipped one or two in the past.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-01-2019, 11:45 AM   #14

and when you meet Dave, do not tell him how handsome he is....................
Old 02-01-2019, 11:55 AM   #15

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hey, I can’t help it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
and when you meet Dave, do not tell him how handsome he is....................
It didn’t seem to bother you when Noelia told me that.
Dave
Old 02-01-2019, 12:01 PM   #16

Ha, ha, touche........
Old 02-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #17

Picture In. We think?

So one of us is retired and the other pays for their fun. One of Troy's favorite outdoor humor authors is Pat McManus (rest his soul) who exemplifies his ever increasing drift toward heartfelt "curmudgeonous".

Our plan is to drive through Pat's hometown of Sandpoint, ID on our way west this summer to pick up our camper. We are very excited to shift from our compact touring Aliner to the next phase of our adventuring life.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone !!

Barb and Troy
Old 03-18-2019, 06:51 PM   #18

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:

Thanks again,

Troy and Barb
Hi Troy and Barb, our Build Sheet was also due last week. We finalized and plan to pick up our 5.0 on June 13th.
We are not able to attend the Customer Appreciation rally in May, but we do plan to spend a few days in the area, before heading home. We will most likely stay at the Lynden KOA. RVing is totally new to us and we want to get accustomed to the trailer before leaving the area. Maybe we will cross paths in Washington.
Is anyone else picking up in that time frame? I think it would be nice to meet up with any others whom might be in the area.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:36 PM   #19

Ronn and Colleen,

Due to work constraints we won't be picking up our 21 until a few weeks later than the completion date. We possibly might cross paths on your return and our journey out. Would have been nice to share the excitement and compare campers. We are planning to camp at the September Mississippi Rally. As an interesting note, our youngest daughter lived near Eagan until just a year ago.

It is rare personalities that choose to purchase a travel trailer that requires them to journey more than half way across the continent just to bring it home. Looking forward to meeting one day.

Troy and Barb
Old 03-18-2019, 07:37 PM   #20

Two new owners from Minnesota, you guys will not be too far from the Mississippi River Rally in the fall, plenty of Escapes will be in attendance.