Hard decision - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2021, 12:53 PM   #1

Trailer: Still looking
Hard decision

Hi,

I am a former Casita owner. I sold it a while back but now want to buy another travel trailer as I am about to retire. The wait for a new Casita is over a year, and there are few used ones available. Do any of you have thoughts on an Escape versus a Casita? Is the wait time as long if I order a new one? I would probably go with a 17 footer as I pull with a Jeep Cherokee.

Thanks!
wolinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:43 PM   #2

Trailer: Looking for 15b
Welcome
Unfortunately you will find that the waitlist for a new Escape is even longer than a Casita. For a 17 they are quoting a guaranteed date of March 2023 but as they increase production it could move to as early as April 2022 according to their website.
I find in general there are more used Casita’s available in the States than Escapes.

Good luck in your search.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:56 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolinsky View Post
Hi,

I am a former Casita owner. I sold it a while back but now want to buy another travel trailer as I am about to retire. The wait for a new Casita is over a year, and there are few used ones available. Do any of you have thoughts on an Escape versus a Casita? Is the wait time as long if I order a new one? I would probably go with a 17 footer as I pull with a Jeep Cherokee.

Thanks!
Everybody and their brother wants an RV now; that is why wait times are so long.

As far as Casita vs. Escape, I’m 5’9” and I can actually walk around in an Escape with plenty of clearance over my head. I think if there were hard data available, far more people sell their Casitas and purchase an Escape rather than the other way around. But don’t take my comments wrong; Casita makes a nice trailer.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
It's a decision that needs to be made far more than the time to build, it's layout, budget, wanted options available, size and limits of your choice of tow vehicle.

They're ALL good. Some are just gooder than others
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:28 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Not sure how fast Casitas are selling. Their facility was packed with finished units when we drove by there this past Saturday coming back from seeing our new grandson. I’ve never seen it this full. Usually there are only 8 or 10 units. Looked like 20 to 30 units parked

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Usually there are only 8 or 10 units. Looked like 20 to 30 units parked

David

Maybe awaiting new owners who are awaiting second Covid vaccination.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:22 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21C
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks!
We really like our Casita, but sold it to buy an E21. We appreciate having more space and the fact that the Escape has few rivets.
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:44 PM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Do you travel alone? There is advantages to both the 17 Casita and the 17 escape. You need to look at both layouts to see what fits you better. Just a few things I noticed with the casita larger Bath and bed only room one battery. The escape has two batteries in back bumper,front storage box,smaller bath,and bed. Nicer front and back dinette. Look over both layouts and see what works best for you. If the bed works for you the escape has more storage inside and out. Don't let the wait time scare you. I think you will see the 17 production get bumped up much quicker than other models. They only have one mold for each trailer and the 17 has the least sales . It would stand to reason there be less people ahead of you than if you ordered a 19 or 21.
https://escapetrailer.com/escape-17b-specifications/

Also if you call escape they will give you a owner in your area that is willing to show you the trailer.

EDIT I forgot about the 2" receiver on back of the 17 escape a big plus in my book.

I went from 17 casita to 19 escape and love the extra room, but it is more to tow and cost me more. pro and cons to every thing

more info https://f.hubspotusercontent40.net/h...n-brochure.pdf
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote