Hello! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C
Yes, hard to imagine when it is still so nice out here, but winter is just around the corner for us! It can come even sooner, as you can see from the attached photo of our back yard this week in 2018!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2046.jpeg  
NoSOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:51 PM   #22

Thanks to all who made great suggestions. After a fair bit of kerfuffle, trips to hardware stores, tracking down lost tools, forgetting why I went to the basement etc. I now have my trailer in the storage facility, smelling quite nicely of peppermint, Bounce sheets, and some mouse repellant sachets. I got my son to lift out the batteries for me, and those will go in the garage attached to the Noco charger. Along the way I found out that the power jack will not work when the battery is disconnected, even when hooked to the tow vehicle, and the manual mechanism requires more torque than my drill can produce. Also got a perfect strap to haul out those batteries kindly given to me for free by a golf cart store. Now to start planning some trips for the spring!
Old 10-14-2020, 12:42 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21/ 09 2015
I thought the battery switch was "off" (switch down) during storage when plugged into power?
luckyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:12 PM   #24

Trailer: 21 foot 5.0 fifth wheel 2017
Never heard of a mouse problem. I'm pulling my batteries this year, last year one froze and split although ive heard if you keep the distilled h2o up its ok........taking no chances
Michael.Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:34 PM   #25

Trailer: 2006 8.5' Alaskan. 2008 Scamp 16. 2015 Escape 21
Something else you might want to think about concerning winter storage is snow load. I have no idea how much snow an Escape roof can tolerate without damage, so I pull the snow off mine periodically during the winter so that it doesn't set up and accumulate.
Ditchrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:39 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.Chadwick View Post
Never heard of a mouse problem. I'm pulling my batteries this year, last year one froze and split although ive heard if you keep the distilled h2o up its ok........taking no chances

A fully charged battery will not freeze until it reaches -67 C or -92 F.
So, it's not the water, it's the state of charge.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 3.38.04 PM.png  
Old 10-15-2020, 11:00 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrider View Post
Something else you might want to think about concerning winter storage is snow load. I have no idea how much snow an Escape roof can tolerate without damage, so I pull the snow off mine periodically during the winter so that it doesn't set up and accumulate.
That's a good point. I had read somewhere about placing a truss inside the trailer to support the roof over the winter, but I didn't do that. We do tend to get dry, relatively less dense snow where I live, and periods of thawing with "Chinook" winds, but I will follow your advice if there's a heavy dump, thanks.