Hello all from Clearwater Chris - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2021, 09:59 PM   #1

Trailer: A future 5.0, 2024 Ram 1500
Hello all from Clearwater Chris

A BIG thank you to all for your posts! It'll be a year before I order my Escape but I'm having a lot of fun learning about all the aspects of trailer camping. Especially grateful for your opinions about options and TVs. Majority of my travel will be solo, the remainder with my wife. Questions: 1. Will a E19 or 21NE be too much trailer for solo traveler? 2. How many days of use does it usually take to discover any initial problems or issues (if any)? 3. What options are available from ETI that aren't "advertised." Thanks for your opinions!
Clearwater Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
I sometimes solo in our 21, just the right size
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:38 AM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearwater Chris View Post
A BIG thank you to all for your posts! It'll be a year before I order my Escape but I'm having a lot of fun learning about all the aspects of trailer camping. Especially grateful for your opinions about options and TVs. Majority of my travel will be solo, the remainder with my wife. Questions: 1. Will a E19 or 21NE be too much trailer for solo traveler? 2. How many days of use does it usually take to discover any initial problems or issues (if any)? 3. What options are available from ETI that aren't "advertised." Thanks for your opinions!
I think our previous Escape 17B was perfect for a solo traveler. We now have a 19. The 19 is perfect for extended trips for the 2 of us.

How long to find initial problems? We had the pivot pin fall out of the fold up counter extension after 1 year. We’re on year 2, no more problems. Really quality is top notch.

Escape is the only trailer I look at that I consider beautiful.
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:14 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
1. Will a E19 or 21NE be too much trailer for solo traveler?
I'm a single and solo female traveler and own the biggest trailer ETI currently builds. It's not too big. It's perfect. Okay, not so perfect when it's time for a wash and wax. I'd consider the 23' ETI is building, but I don't care for any of the layouts. I think you'd find the smaller 19' or 21'NE is just the right size.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:35 AM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm a single and solo female traveler and own the biggest trailer ETI currently builds. It's not too big. It's perfect. Okay, not so perfect when it's time for a wash and wax. I'd consider the 23' ETI is building, but I don't care for any of the layouts. I think you'd find the smaller 19' or 21'NE is just the right size.
We showed our 5.0 to a future Escape owner last week. She will be primarily a solo traveler. We spent a fair amount of time talking about the process of hitching up a 5th wheel to an Andersen hitch without a spotter. I would say, if you plan to be on the road a fair amount of time and are considering a pickup as a tow vehicle, might as well go big.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:01 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
I have a 19 and find it to be perfect for traveling solo. I usually travel with 2 medium sized dogs. We have plenty of space. One benefit of the 19 over the 21 is it can be maneuvered and turned around in tighter spaces. For me, this has meant I can get away from the big guys when boondocking. I can simply get it into tighter spaces, or down the road where it’s too hard for bigger trailers to turn around.

As for the amount of time to discover something went wrong, I’ve been camping in mine since I brought it home in 2018 and am still waiting for something bad to happen.

Since I’ve had it for awhile now, I can’t comment on what sort of unadvertised options may be available. One thing I will say, however, is if I was thinking about getting a new one, I would strike a balance between getting every single option I thought I wanted and keeping it simple, to hold costs down. The cost of the options can add up quickly, and unless you have unlimited funds, you’ll end up having to pick and choose the ones you really want. I often say most of us could get a model with 0 options and still be very happy campers. I’ve seen a lot of buyers here agonizing over this option versus that option, and there are endless threads on this topic. Sometimes all this angst strikes me as somewhat unnecessary. But, that’s just my way of looking at life.

Best of luck as you navigate through the process!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:31 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
When I became interested in Escapes I flew out to Chilliwack to look at an Escape 17. But after looking it over I thought it would be too small to live in for weeks or months on end, as was my plan. I ended up buying an Escape 21, but an Escape 19 would have worked for me as well. I have enjoyed traveling with my Escape.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:26 PM   #8

Trailer: 2012 19
Try one out

Have you looked at any of the sizes available? You can find owners that will let you tour their trailers. Contact Escape for a list nearest you. I am in Orlando and have a 2012 19 you can look at.

Graham
gyuill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:20 PM   #9

Trailer: "The Roadrunner" 2021 Escape 5.0
Options not listed would be mentioned in some of the videos from Escape. I elected to get an additional exterior access door,a coax cable port at the back for cell phone amplifier antenna and elected not to get a wash basin in the bathroom. I believe I saw a comment that deposits now a refundable if you want to get on the calendar for a build.
Old 09-20-2021, 07:04 PM   #10

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
What options are available from ETI that aren't "advertised."
Check out threads like these but qualify everything with Escape because the sand is always shifting...
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ons-10592.html
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...list-4384.html

Tags
solo travel