Hello everyone, new member - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #1

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Hello everyone, new member

Hi all -

Last night we put a deposit on a 5.0. We have been considering a RV for a few years so we can join her family for trips on the east coast.

We don’t have a tow vehicle. It appears we have plenty of time to acquire one, we are considering a Toyota Tundra or a GMC Canyon diesel.

We are very grateful to the couple that showed us their 5.0TA 10 days ago. T & D, we ordered one!

Happy to have advanced from lurking to membership on the forum.

Rick & Mary
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:44 AM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Welcome folks
Old 10-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA in about a year. Lol
Our 5.0 won't be ready till December of next year.
1200bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200bruce View Post
Our 5.0 won't be ready till December of next year.
Ours is slated to be ready in March of 2022.

We only have 13 months to finalize our build details.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:02 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Congratulations on the 5.0TA, I consider it the best trailer money can buy.

Since your build date is way out, wait to see what the details and pricing are for the next generation of Toyota Tundra. This February will be the big reveal. Rumour has it at a V6 Twin Turbo and higher trims will have a V6 Hybrid. The current Tundra has poor fuel economy but is unbelievably reliable. If I can get the same incentives I got last time, I'll be buying the last 5.7L V8 Tundra next summer.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:33 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Welcome guys (non gender specific)!

Mine is a 2018, 5.7L V8 and I love it. My mileage is between 12 and 14 miles a gallon. Just a little bit less than with no trailer. Mountain passes are excepted. Mileage may stink till you get to the top.

There are a number of Tundra owners here. It makes an excellent tow vehicle for a 5.0. You may have an extended conversation coming about the mounting strategy for the 5th wheel attachment.

When in doubt call TradeMasters in Chilliwack. They are honest and knowledgable. I have the gooseneck attachment and love it too!
Attached Thumbnails
Moodra and Zen-original.jpg  
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Congratulations on the 5.0TA, I consider it the best trailer money can buy.

Since your build date is way out, wait to see what the details and pricing are for the next generation of Toyota Tundra. This February will be the big reveal. Rumour has it at a V6 Twin Turbo and higher trims will have a V6 Hybrid. The current Tundra has poor fuel economy but is unbelievably reliable. If I can get the same incentives I got last time, I'll be buying the last 5.7L V8 Tundra next summer.
Great info, thanks! I was wondering when they would update the tundra. Something with better mileage than the current V8 is what I’d like, as we plan to do some long distance trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Welcome guys (non gender specific)!

Mine is a 2018, 5.7L V8 and I love it. My mileage is between 12 and 14 miles a gallon. Just a little bit less than with no trailer. Mountain passes are excepted. Mileage may stink till you get to the top.

There are a number of Tundra owners here. It makes an excellent tow vehicle for a 5.0. You may have an extended conversation coming about the mounting strategy for the 5th wheel attachment.

When in doubt call TradeMasters in Chilliwack. They are honest and knowledgable. I have the gooseneck attachment and love it too!
Good info. The people who let us tour their 5.0 had a tundra. My wife loves Toyota, as she’s got a Highlander with 203k miles on it. Me, I’d like something that gets better mileage, like a small turbo-diesel. She’s going to be getting rid of the highlander, so whatever we get she’ll need to like, or I’ll not hear the end of it.

Ps. Nice rig!!