Hello from Birmingham, Alabama! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2017, 08:19 AM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
If buying new, it was explained to me that there was not "enough" difference between a 17' Casita and a 19' Escape to make the financial investment. But there is between the 17' Casita and a 21' Escape.

I wonder how what the split is? I'm sure not every 17' Casita owner bought the 21'.
It all depends on what a buyer feels they are getting for their money and what their wants and needs are. I've never been in a Casita 17 (except for a video tour) but I can say that the difference between a Scamp 16 and an Escape 19 is amazing. It's not just 3 feet longer. The height, the width, the overall shape and the layout make it feel much bigger in relation than one might expect. That said, if you are already set on Escape and have the tow vehicle, I can't blame people for going with the 21 since the incremental cost isn't much. It's nice to have options!
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:35 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
We agree with Donna. We had a Casita Freedom Deluxe, loved those captains chairs! Several friends bought the Escape 19 when it first came out. We hung out in them and decided that we would still have to crawl over each other from the bed, not that much more counter space, or frig space and the bathroom was smaller so we couldn't justify writing that check. Then along came Reace and Tammy to the Oregon Gathering with the new 21 and the rest is history! Love our 21! We can't believe we are starting our fourth year with it! Wow. We've been having a blast including a trip around the US last fall. Looking forward to this years adventures.

Really enjoying your posts Keith - welcome to the forum.

Happy trails!
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:27 AM   #23

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
19 near perfect

After a 13 Scamp and a 17 Casita and other RV's we thought the 19 to be perfect. Loved the bed separate from 4 place dinette, storage, quality and best of all 4 wheels. Then they teased us with the 21. We just have to sleep a little closer now.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #24

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
We looked at a 19' after we decided to sell our Casita 17SD. Came away with the impression that while the front dinette would afford a little more sleeping room for our 2 kids, the width difference wasn't compelling enough to want the 19'.

We then saw a 21' and just like Dave and Kathy, could immediately tell the size difference. However, we did not like the fact that the bed was no wider than that of a Casita. Longer yes.

We then ordered the 5.0TA sight unseen because not only did it have a larger bed, we didn't have to crawl over each other to do so. Plus, with so much of the trailer over the bed of the truck, it wasn't actually too much longer that the Casita.

All preferences, but that's the reason we went larger. And as I said before, if Casita had a larger trailer, we would have most likely got that, instead of the Escape. However, now that we have the Escape, I don't think I'd ever want to go back to a Casita.
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I was never in any fiberglass camper till we showed up in Arizona to pick up our 19 which Rita bought sight unseen. It will be 4 years this summer. Still perfect for our needs. Only significant changes were to add surge protection and solar/ dual sixes. Third trip to Osoyoos
coming up in May. We're at well over 25,000 miles towing, coast to coast, within 30 miles of Mexico to Canada over a half a dozen times and looking forward to this season. No crawl over, she says get up, I get up. 47 years in May.
Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #26

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
No crawl over, she says get up, I get up. 47 years in May.
Dave
Rita keeping you in good shape
Old 02-03-2017, 12:43 PM   #27

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
No crawl over, she says get up, I get up. 47 years in May.
Dave
In our little Aliner, my wife and I discovered that if we slept head to foot, it was easy enough for the outside person to pull their feet to their chest so the inside person could get out. We have not used our (new to us) '19 together yet so I don't know how we will arrange ourselves. But I suspect I will be on the outside per usual since she gets up more than I do.

I will be taking the Escape out solo for its first shakedown camping trip next weekend. (Paula will be in Phoenix "escaping" the NW rain visiting her snowbird friends.) I'm pretty excited to finally get to camp in it after a winter of reading everything I can on this forum.

Dave, Congrats on 47 years!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:02 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We've actually found that the crawl over is a non-issue in the 19 Escape unlike the Scamps. Being a Queen bed there is plenty of room to put a knee on the mattress and go over with very lil if any disturbance. On the Scamp you had to go over and get your leg all the way to the floor as there was no mattress showing to get a knee on and support yourself. Caused more of a Roller Derby encounter which doesn't happen now in the 19.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:16 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We've actually found that the crawl over is a non-issue in the 19 Escape unlike the Scamps. Being a Queen bed there is plenty of room to put a knee on the mattress and go over with very lil if any disturbance. On the Scamp you had to go over and get your leg all the way to the floor as there was no mattress showing to get a knee on and support yourself. Caused more of a Roller Derby encounter which doesn't happen now in the 19.
We never had an issue with the 19 either. There are only two potential conflicts, getting up in the morning, and that middle of the night trip. We solved both, no matter who go into be first and took the far side, by whenever one got up in the middle of the night, the other would do a bathroom trip at the same time. I would always then take the near side as I am first up. Easy peasy. Besides, if a crawl over was ever needed, it really was not such a bad thing anyway.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:15 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We just wear Depends and sleep through the night..............
Old 02-03-2017, 05:58 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Besides, if a crawl over was ever needed, it really was not such a bad thing anyway.
Exactly!
Old 02-03-2017, 07:49 PM   #32

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
CPAHarley,Sounds like you got it covered!!!!!
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanizer View Post
CPAHarley,Sounds like you got it covered!!!!!
Hi: titanizer... Depends? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote