Hello from Little Rock - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #1

Trailer: none
Hello from Little Rock

Hi. New member researching trailers. Will be new to trailering and my wife and I will be retiring in a few years. Want to hit the road for some extended trips. I like the fiberglass style and have just started looking at everything though. I have been camping since I was a kid and am tired of tents and rocks in my back. Want a permanent bed.

Have looked on line at a bunch of trailers and some in person. My wife and I are really interested in seeing an Escape in person. We saw a 5.0 going east on I-40 last Sunday (10/8) near Conway as we were headed to look at trailers. Only one I have ever seen. Like the size of a 19 as I want to boondock out west and spots we have camped in are limited to tents or 20'. My tow vehicle is a 2011 Tundra so no problem pulling it. I'll probably upgrade that before I retire too. If there is anyone with a 19 close that we can see in person, that would be very helpful. Have LOTS of questions and there are so many threads on this site. Almost overwhelming.

Thanks and hope to see one soon someplace!
Tgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Welcome.

Call Escape and they can tell you where the closest trailers whose owners are willing to show them are to you. According to the owner's map (top of this page) there is a 19 in Little Rock.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Welcome

If your new to trailers then you are lucky that you are starting in the right place with an Escape. Many people that have owned stick built trailers have just given up on them with their leaks, rot and pour build quality. The owners of Escape try to make the best trailer for the money that will out last any tin and wood contraption.
Eggstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:41 PM   #4

I have stayed many nights in stick builts while at deer camps. They are basically junk. That is why I am very interested in fiberglass though I have never been in one. I briefly owned a 1970s Airstream that I was gonna rebuild, but I was offered 2x what I paid for it right off the bat. Barely had time to start planning the rebuild. So out it went. Shortly after I sold it it was destroyed by a tornado. Not much makes it through those.

I have been reading a lot of posts and seems like everyone is pretty open to discuss issues, mods, etc. so far I like the site.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:03 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Welcome aboard Trip. I spent the entire decade of the 80s in the Little Rock area, being stationed at LRAFB in Jacksonville. It's still one of my favorite states to camp, fish, hunt and backpack, especially the Ozarks.

Do as others have suggested. Give Escape a call and they can put you in touch with owners in your area. Try to take a look at different models so you'll know which one fits best. You'll find this forum a treasure trove of great information on all things Escape. Good hunting!
Old 10-16-2017, 07:41 AM   #6

Trailer: 17
Tony in LR has a 19 footer, you can call Escape for contact info
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:47 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Oh! I wish you would have posted this a few weeks ago. We stayed at Maumelle Park, near Little Rock, for 3 days. I am sure someone will be close by. It is great to hear you are considering the Escape!

Regards,

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:28 AM   #8

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
It's a ways off but we'll be passing through in either mid Jan or the end of March, depends on the weather at the time. If it's cold there I;ll be farther south.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #9

Maumelle Park

Thanks again thoer and eggtastic.

Thanks Red Dog, dang!!! I ride my road bike out to the park a lot on the weekends to see if anyone passing through has one.

gocamp, thanks for the info on one in LR. I saw that one was being delivered to Maumelle in September.

rbryan4 - if you haven't been back to Jacksonville area, you won't recognize it at all. so grown up and in perpetual state of highway construction through there going to 3 lane each way.

thanks padlin. would love to see your rig, cold or not.